Update on Expansion Development Timeline

well if ur taking suggestions I think it might be a perfect time to test cutthroat more, I vote for a 1month ambush/invasion cutthroat league could you imagine the mayhem. Ambush/invasion added into it to help players replenish items to continue playing in the league.
I just hope that game engine and servers will be up to speed with the content. Because when Spectral Throw was introduced, I was able to run the game on 140-150 fps, and now I can barely get to 70 on the same character. It seems that the game engine can't handle the game anymore, too many fps spikes on almost every skill (fireball, any lightning skill, discharge, everything that chains). Server wise, the desync is getting really bad, them prediction algorythms need improving alot, since getting desynced ~30 times per minute is really not fun. Especially deeper into endgame when so many stuff can go wrong, and one bad desync can mean 2-3 more hours grinding to get the exp back. The least you can do is remove the penalties when deaths occur due to desync. Because desync isn't the players fault, why should the player pay for it?

POE is picking up the pace in game play, everything is getting way faster than it used to be, but the faster the character moves/attacks the more desync you get, and that is not fun. It is not always all about content. Persay if the FPS spikes weren't so bad, and desync wasn't an issue, builds wouldn't have to overcompensate for desync, gameplay would be more fun and players would actually be able to exploit skill much more instead of just bricking themselves.
Love POE and GGG!
All good. Can we get some ferret pet that runs around and collects wisdom scrolls amdf other such fodder? Wearing 2 of the rings that cause tons of wisdom scrolls really slows the gameplay down when you have to click every damn wisdom scroll that drops, and LOTS drop wearing those rings! I am sure you would sell lots of that pet (or pet skill so my kiwi can collect them). Maybe you could make it available only as part of a supporter pack to maximize income ☺
So much anticipation!!!!!!
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Thanks for the update and clarification in the dates etc, sounds great !
I had rather seen invasion/ambush stay for another month here though, I'm not really motivated by a one month league, I'm not playing THAT much that I can build another char out in that period of time. I know 24/7 people get 95+ in 2 weeks these days but making around 90 in 4 months is my average. But I'm not complaining, can play on the standard leagues if the 1 month league isn't something special. I'd like +100% monster pack size league :p
Last edited by leto2626 on Jun 13, 2014, 3:02:12 AM
"
petrovskyz wrote:
I just hope that game engine and servers will be up to speed with the content. Because when Spectral Throw was introduced, I was able to run the game on 140-150 fps, and now I can barely get to 70 on the same character...

You actually have one of those special LCD monitors that have higher than 60Hz refresh rate?
I love secrets.
stop over moderating that makes the official forums useless
I am excited about the new leagues but I would love to have an option to continue in Ambush until the new four-month leagues start! Any chance for that? :)
IGN: RachelSuperCasual (Torment)
RachelShockerina (Rampage - retired)
RachelElysia (Ambush - retired)
LadyVinara (Nemesis - retired)
"
rossidis wrote:
how big can act3 get really?
diablo 2's normal-nightmare-hell worked because you could be rushed past it.

playing through the entire game, 3 times per character, facing the same wall each time, is not only repetitive, its boring, fanboys can deny it, but in my opinion, theres a point where you need to draw a line, and extending act3 further, is ludicrous.

They have stated in the past that they would eventually like to have only 1 difficulty in the game. Before they added act 3, there were 4 difficulties and 2 acts.
IGN: Legends

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info