Update on Expansion Development Timeline

"
rossidis wrote:
how big can act3 get really?
diablo 2's normal-nightmare-hell worked because you could be rushed past it.

playing through the entire game, 3 times per character, facing the same wall each time, is not only repetitive, its boring, fanboys can deny it, but in my opinion, theres a point where you need to draw a line, and extending act3 further, is ludicrous.

It's a bit of an unwarranted assumption that this will be an extension of Act 3, it's much more likely to be a combination of new areas an events within the current quest progression, new mechanics, new end game content and new gems and items,mods and currencies, all with some common theme befitting the thematic nature of their expansions.

Personally I would love to see randomly spawned 'events' in the maps, involving some quest-oriented extra content that the player can choose to participate in. Events like a war between two bandit factions in which you have to choose a side against other players and win for a reward would be the type of thing I personally hope to see, but honestly SotV was an rpgasam for me so I'm sure whatever it is will be a hell of a lot of fun.
So some time in 2015 Cruel difficulty will disappear? Once act 4 gets released it means we'd have to play through 12 total acts, instead of 9. Cutting that down to 8 seems like a good idea.
Bullshit, you get the game for free.

-Qarl
The only hope I have for the new expansion is that the content is not locked behind several layers of RNG.

Make it absurdly hard, make it not worth trying because of RNG based gear drops from the boss in combination with the difficulty, whatever. Just please, please, please make it so that everyone can at least experience it.

I would much rather get to the see the content that you guys have worked so hard on and realize that I have no hope of ever beating the final boss, than simply never even know what the content is at all.
Exile

"Bullshit, you get the game for free."
-Qarl
Last edited by GingerBeast on Jun 13, 2014, 2:33:13 AM
"
DaveSW wrote:
So some time in 2015 Cruel difficulty will disappear? Once act 4 gets released it means we'd have to play through 12 total acts, instead of 9. Cutting that down to 8 seems like a good idea.

Would need to find a way to work in the cruel passive points into either the 2 Act 4s or more into the existing acts though?

"
GingerBeast wrote:
The only hope I have for the new expansion is that the content is not locked behind several layers of RNG.

Also this, I've played 2 70+ Chars now in Ambush, doing every vaal area and have yet to even had the chance to fight Atziri.
IGN shdowe
Last edited by shdowe on Jun 13, 2014, 2:36:00 AM
awesome ty for the info
"
we're very confident that it will be answer many of the requests of existing players

All I can say is, please "stay the course" when it comes to technical difficulty and effort needed to progress, both in content and gear/leveling. It doesnt feel good when stuff comes too easy. You cant please everyone...the demands Ive seen from some of the newer players would, I honestly believe, alienate a lot of CB/OB players who appreciate having to work and improve their skills as a player in order to achieve.
Please make the 1 month league a cutthroat league(with improvements after all the feedback). It would be an interesting experience and many would participate due to no 4 month leagues.

I think it's the only thing that would keep me around for that 1 month break.
I can really only echo what as already been said: no more multi-layerd RNG content, and a 1 month Ambush+Invasion league.

However, I would much prefer a 1 month "Exiles Everywhere" league, you know, to make up for only having 2 of those races during Season 8 ;)
Last edited by Hojirozame on Jun 13, 2014, 2:42:26 AM
"
"
DaveSW wrote:

Would need to find a way to work in the cruel passive points into either the 2 Act 4s or more into the existing acts though?

They actually did this in the past when there were only 2 acts in closed beta we had 4 difficulties I believe the one they removed was called Ruthless, they have also stated in the past that they will no doubt have to do it again the future whether thats with act4 or not only time will tell.

With that being said I highly doubt we'll see cruel going away until at least act 5 or 6 unless act4 is going to be massive it would have to be at least 2x the size of act 3 to makeup for an entire difficulty. Who knows though GGG pulls off some amazing stuff they might have already figured some other workaround for it.
looking forward to see it and play it.great job GGG.
btw,can you nerf scion conversations.she just talk and talk and talk.annoying.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info