Remove alt f4 plz.

"
Lionguild wrote:
"
If instant quitting is intended to be removed later in the game then it should be removed now, to allow for testing (During the beta) the system out good and proper.

The time spent between now and the final release can also be spent checking for other known ways of bypassing death and other exploits.

Who said its "intended to be removed"? I hope you were not referring to me.
I said "If", it was building on what you had mentioned without holding you accountable.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
"
Emphasy wrote:
Well considering the nature of most hardcore-builds it would be even possible in most situations to TP out.

Even if they would remove Alt-F4, which is technically possible, you could still just kill your connection, which, if you want is equally fast. And since you need to ensure a fast Logout after a DC this would always work, and since this would work anyway why bother with removing Alt-F4.
The proposal is to make it so that you remain logged in to the world for 5 to 10 seconds even if you alt-f4, kill your internet connection, suffer network problems caused by ISP maintenance, game crashes or even nuking your house to kingdom come.

This will mean that once you are out of the game your character will remain for 5 to 10 seconds in the game world with you having no way to control it, leaving it exposed to the elements.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
"
PoorJoy wrote:
"
Nubtard wrote:
Personally i do not care where i am in the ladder, But it is lame when you see.. Top players avoiding death multiple times. The hole epic feel about a high-level character gets removed.

and why do you care about who someone else feels about his "high level f4 character". i still dont got this point. if you want a special feeling about your char play like how you want to play your char - period.

or what ? do you guys want to competete with the people in the top 20 ? i swear, even if they dont alt+f4 you have got 0 chance. deal with it.

Uhm i care beacuse i want the ladder to 100% legit. I Don't watch football where the goalkeeper press alt+f4 once the ball is entering the goal. And i would not play in leagues where some teams did and some did not.

It ruins the point of the ladder.. even if i play actively or not.
GGG got a awesome game building up here. Why would they back down and make hardcore any lesser then it can be

And everybody can compete in ladder overtime... In the rush without a team no you cant stay in top. but overtime everyone has a viable good chance to be in top 20.
"
CityBuilder wrote:
"
Lionguild wrote:
Chris Wilson said it himself that this is intended. They want players to have the ability to rage quit to save themselves. Just like in D2.

Great then just rename Hardcore into something else because if there is that giant red safety button then it's not really hardcore at all since you can almost always avoid death.

Of course I understand what they're going for here...
1. Name it hardcore, and make those that play it think of themselves as the elite PoE players since they're playing "Hardcore", and thus make more money by making players feel good to make them spend more money.

2. Allow these elite players an easy and "official" way of avoiding death so that they can still say they're playing "hardcore" mode and not cheating since it's in the game officially to use as they like but don't have to be die unless they simply do something really stupid and can't manage to hit the Alt+F4 keys in time to save their life.

Of course there will be players that use this for legitimate reasons like the game freezing etc but yeah, I understand their thinking on this, it just makes business sense,to do it this way.

Coming from a guy who made a post asking 'how to change the difficulty of the game'. Bro, you don't know shit about PoE or HC.
Softcore is that way <----.
IGN: JustForThePortal
Msg me if I win.
"
Nubtard wrote:

Uhm i care beacuse i want the ladder to 100% legit. I Don't watch football where the goalkeeper press alt+f4 once the ball is entering the goal. And i would not play in leagues where some teams did and some did not.

It ruins the point of the ladder.. even if i play actively or not.
GGG got a awesome game building up here. Why would they back down and make hardcore any lesser then it can be

And everybody can compete in ladder overtime... In the rush without a team no you cant stay in top. but overtime everyone has a viable good chance to be in top 20.

Alt-F4 or Escape-Logout, simply fills in the same role as other games fill with a recall spell or command. There is already a timer on it, and I believe the devs are going to change the timer to a longer period for cut throat leagues and races. Right now though, as everyone has been saying already, desync and other network issues means the timer needs to be relatively short else practically no one would get to maps in hardcore.

At ultra high levels with a full party Alt-F4ing effectively ejects you from the map. Please don't pretend as if there is no downside to this. Far from the god mode button some people are painting this to be.

People thinking they could have a chance at the top 20 of the ladder when they're not evenm say, top 50 right now are kidding themselves.
Kripp died Alt+F4 or not scubs need Alt+F4 or Esc exit - Anything can happen phones, doorbells, heart attacks.

If this game wants to kill you it will Alt+F4 or Esc exit just means you have hope to get out of stupid situations.

It is in the game if you do not like it do not use it but to not to probably puts you at a disadvantage - Its is like thinking Clarity is OP so not using it but by not doing so putting you at a disadvantage and complaining about having to use mana pots all the time.

I know a few folks who have 'GOD MODE Alt+F4' only to log back in and still be dead so

MEH
TFIGEGKTB
"
Bawheidbob wrote:
Kripp died Alt+F4 or not scubs need Alt+F4 or Esc exit - Anything can happen phones, doorbells, heart attacks.

If this game wants to kill you it will Alt+F4 or Esc exit just means you have hope to get out of stupid situations.

It is in the game if you do not like it do not use it but to not to probably puts you at a disadvantage - Its is like thinking Clarity is OP so not using it but by not doing so putting you at a disadvantage and complaining about having to use mana pots all the time.

I know a few folks who have 'GOD MODE Alt+F4' only to log back in and still be dead so

MEH
Which is why people want it removed. It's a gimmicky solution that largely (Not entirely) negates the point of Hardcore mode where deaths are permanent.
Computer specifications:
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Feb 3, 2013, 8:26:29 AM
"
"
Bawheidbob wrote:

MEH
Which is why people want it removed. It's a gimmicky solution that largely (Not entirely) negates the point of Hardcore mode where deaths are permanent.

Exactly - sorry guys but just saying it was in Diablo 2 doesn't cut it. That game had countless exploits that were abused constantly. It is 'not' hardcore to be able to quit the game at any time because the going gets tough - its just destroys the legitimacy of hardcore mode.

And for those saying that you should not use it if you are against it, are you saying that in any game where there is a glaring imbalance, it should just remain and those who dont want to partake shouldnt? Thats not how you balance a game.

Last but not least, every player in hardcore that F4s out is a scrub plain and simple. If you had the skills, you wouldnt quit by exiting a game and you'd take it like a man if you died by being overwhelmed.

P.S the devs have NEVER said they support this - show me one link where they have. To date no one has been able to.
Last edited by VSwift on Feb 3, 2013, 11:20:30 AM
If these people Alt-F4'd as often as some of you seem to think they do I don't think they could ever make progress. If they had to Alt-F4 that often, I don't even think their characters would even be able to progress.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info