Remove alt f4 plz.

"
Lionguild wrote:
Chris Wilson said it himself that this is intended. They want players to have the ability to rage quit to save themselves. Just like in D2.

Then nice job. They managed to produce the most counter productive shit of 2013.
"
If instant quitting is intended to be removed later in the game then it should be removed now, to allow for testing (During the beta) the system out good and proper.

The time spent between now and the final release can also be spent checking for other known ways of bypassing death and other exploits.

Who said its "intended to be removed"? I hope you were not referring to me.
"
Dorakz wrote:
"
Kinkoz wrote:
Are you kids honestly complaining about a shortcut to close an active application?

Is this the first time you've played a video game? Or used a computer, for that matter?

We are not complaining about the ALT+F4 function itself, but we are complaining about what it implies you dense.

It implies that the hardcore league means not a single shit, since you can press the good old godmode button ( ALT+F4 ) to save your ass at any given time, it implies that the ladder is full of shit since there's no way to know who has been abusing that for days, and who's playing legit.

Among other things.

If any of you already played DayZ, and already fell of someone who does the mighty ALT+F4 in a middle of a fight, well, this situation here feels exactly the same here.

We need an answer ASAP on this subject, it's a critical issue.

Yeah... For some reason, I doubt that instantly closing the program also auto-disconnects you from the server at that same instant.

And even if it does, if you had read the thread, the devs intended for things to be that way.

I think you need to calm down.
"
Dorakz wrote:
"
Lionguild wrote:
Chris Wilson said it himself that this is intended. They want players to have the ability to rage quit to save themselves. Just like in D2.

Then nice job. They managed to produce the most counter productive shit of 2013.

than go back to d3. whats the problem ? want your money back ?
"
Lionguild wrote:

Great then just rename Hardcore into something else because if there is that giant red safety button then it's not really hardcore at all since you can almost always avoid death.

Of course I understand what they're going for here...
1. Name it hardcore, and make those that play it think of themselves as the elite PoE players since they're playing "Hardcore", and thus make more money by making players feel good to make them spend more money.

2. Allow these elite players an easy and "official" way of avoiding death so that they can still say they're playing "hardcore" mode and not cheating since it's in the game officially to use as they like but don't have to be die unless they simply do something really stupid and can't manage to hit the Alt+F4 keys in time to save their life.

Of course there will be players that use this for legitimate reasons like the game freezing etc but yeah, I understand their thinking on this, it just makes business sense,to do it this way.
Last edited by CityBuilder on Feb 2, 2013, 4:38:28 PM
I sense a lot of jealousy in this thread. People have their own moral code and that's alright, but sometimes it works against them.
"
CityBuilder wrote:
"
Lionguild wrote:

Great then just rename Hardcore into something else because if there is that giant red safety button then it's not really hardcore at all since you can almost always avoid death.

Of course I understand what they're going for here...
1. Name it hardcore, and make those that play it think of themselves as the elite PoE players since they're playing "Hardcore", and thus make more money by making players feel good to make them spend more money.

2. Allow these elite players an easy and "official" way of avoiding death so that they can still say they're playing "hardcore" mode and not cheating since it's in the game officially to use as they like but don't have to be die unless they simply do something really stupid and can't manage to hit the Alt+F4 keys in time to save their life.

Of course there will be players that use this for legitimate reasons like the game freezing etc but yeah, I understand their thinking on this, it just makes business sense,to do it this way.

It's just a game, man.

If you want to play it competitively, then use the advantages given to you. The top players aren't the only ones who can do this, and if it's that easy to not die then you can get top 10 ladder yourself (considering 3 top 10 players died last night and they have "god mode" buttons).

Otherwise, how does this really affect you and your personal game experience? Is it keeping you from top 10 ladder? Is it taking gear away from you? Anything at all?

I understand if you don't like the concept, but it's really not that big of a deal, as far as I can tell.
I would not call it a god button. But it sure is more then enough to effect the ladder.

Personally i do not care where i am in the ladder, But it is lame when you see.. Top players avoiding death multiple times. The hole epic feel about a high-level character gets removed.

And its a shame for the people that do not use f4. And should be higher up in the ladder if you remove the 40 - 50 people ahead of them in top 100 - 200 that have avoided death.

Why not have a genuine solid hardcore ladder if you can have it ?
Why Mess it up for no good reason ?

"
Nubtard wrote:
Personally i do not care where i am in the ladder, But it is lame when you see.. Top players avoiding death multiple times. The hole epic feel about a high-level character gets removed.

and why do you care about who someone else feels about his "high level f4 character". i still dont got this point. if you want a special feeling about your char play like how you want to play your char - period.

or what ? do you guys want to competete with the people in the top 20 ? i swear, even if they dont alt+f4 you have got 0 chance. deal with it.
Well considering the nature of most hardcore-builds it would be even possible in most situations to TP out.

Even if they would remove Alt-F4, which is technically possible, you could still just kill your connection, which, if you want is equally fast. And since you need to ensure a fast Logout after a DC this would always work, and since this would work anyway why bother with removing Alt-F4.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info