Remove alt f4 plz.

"
Deshy wrote:
I dont think most of the people here realize the amount of danger in the game at the higher level, ( I don't mean 60-70 even I mea 75+.) I like the way Alt+f4 can save you two weeks of straight 8 hours a day, GGG also seems to think the same way. Now I don;t see a reason that Alt+F4 should be used in default but then again I dont play scrub league so if there is a reason do inform me. I'd rather see a reason other than: "Itz ot fair! I cant altf4 fast enuf! Remov pl0x."

May i tease you?

-I like the way Alt+f4 can save you two weeks of straight 8 hours a day

-but then again I dont play scrub league

Spoiler

What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?
"
Deshy wrote:
I dont think most of the people here realize the amount of danger in the game at the higher level, ( I don't mean 60-70 even I mea 75+.) I like the way Alt+f4 can save you two weeks of straight 8 hours a day, GGG also seems to think the same way. Now I don;t see a reason that Alt+F4 should be used in default but then again I dont play scrub league so if there is a reason do inform me. I'd rather see a reason other than: "Itz ot fair! I cant altf4 fast enuf! Remov pl0x."

Lmao defends alt f4 (a bitch way out) and then calls softcore "scrub league" that's too funny. Alt f4ing is softcore with a sub 10% chance or so to actually die.
GGG pride themselfs as Gamers who made PoE for Gamers who who like a challange and a hard game !!!!

so why have... Run Away like a Big Girl with alt F4 or in combat teleports ??
Bonan..2hander,Miss Bitch..whitch, ThongBow..ranger
If people here are generalizing that every hardcore player alt+f4's, we're gonna generalize that every softcore player is a scrub.

The elitism works both ways.
ign: Eshi or EshEleCleave
"
Emphasy wrote:
"
"
scorpitron wrote:
i dont use it, dont care if anyone else does.

i fail to see how it taints the HC ladder at all since every other game works this way lol.
D3 doesn't, it keeps you "Logged in" regardless of your connection for 10 seconds so you're prone to death for 10 seconds even if you alt-f4. It's one of very few things it gets right. Another thing it got right was adding a Cast Time to Town Portals.

The simple problem is that it is impossible to differ between a client-crash and a game-close. Not to mention that you could just dc yourself out, which needs to be instant for obvious reasons (and seems to work very well, I never died due to a DC in PoE, I did however die from it in D3).

If you'll notice, Diablo 3 does not let your character leave the server immediately unless you are quitting or D/C'ing in town (blizzrd confirmed this and there is an in-game timer on the dialog box to confirm quitting). Yes you can quit the game immediately at any time in D3, no it doesn't remove you from the server immediately unless you do so while in Town. Anywhere else and your character will remain in an uncontrolled state on the server prone to any enemies that walk by, for 10 whole seconds.

@oBLACKIECHANo
You are right about that, a solution that eliminates the need to rebalance the game is to have a safe zone in the Boss rooms with a one-way exit. You start in the safe room and can cast a Town Portal in said safe room. In order to fight the boss you have to leave the safe room which in turn locks you out from the safe room meaning balance is unchanged.

You are still fighting while retaining the ability to quickly come back upon death.

This idea of mine obviously doesn't take in to account Hardcore characters. Also in the case of the Act 2 boss and similar Bosses (Maybe all of them?), you'll probably want the game to automatically create a town portal for you when you enter the Boss room for the very first time for that particular boss/difficulty/quest, returning after death or regenerating the instance will not cause this to trigger again.

This will make it obvious that that is when and where to make a Town Portal after your first death.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Feb 4, 2013, 12:16:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info