Fix Conversion Trap

"
Rhys wrote:
"
Oats_PT wrote:
for team games you definitely need to nerf it. we had this 3v3 once where everyone started throwing conversion traps. it became a boring ass cluster fuck. its just too abusable.

Anyone got a link to a vid of this? Curious.

We don't use conversion traps in friendly 4v4s anymore because of that. If you really don't believe of us, and require a vod; then I will set up a 4v4, allow conversion trap and record it. Hell will ensue and after the first game most will rage quit.
IGN: @GreenDude
Last edited by GreenDude on Jun 23, 2014, 3:08:38 AM
To me it's an extremely abusable skill that can be used to complete draw out any PvP match, especially team games. I used it a lot myself back when I thought PvP was going to be a thing, and it was definitely at the top of the list of most powerful skills one could use against multiple opponents.
IGN: Aux
"
GreenDude wrote:
"
Rhys wrote:
"
Oats_PT wrote:
for team games you definitely need to nerf it. we had this 3v3 once where everyone started throwing conversion traps. it became a boring ass cluster fuck. its just too abusable.

We don't use conversion traps in friendly 4v4s anymore because of that. If you really don't believe of us, and require a vod; then I will set up a 4v4, allow conversion trap and record it. Hell will ensue and after the first game most will rage quit.

agreed lmfao
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
"
Rhys wrote:
"
Oats_PT wrote:

Check out Invalescos videos of 2012....
There is one named "PVP Fun or Team PVP Fun"

Does that mean devs stopped reading posts in CB already :(
"
Firebrand76 wrote:
Can't you just destroy the traps ahead of time with arc/ROA, or switch to ranged?

Yeah, you can. The people complaining here are almost entirely melee players unwilling to do anything to counter traps, and conversion trap (in teams) punishes pretty hard for doing nothing to play around it. I'd say this thread (with regard to the power level of conversion trap) is mostly premature whining, but conversion trap does interrupt the flow of the game pretty obnoxiously so there is something to be said there.
"
MrEnzyme wrote:

Yeah, you can. The people complaining here are almost entirely melee players unwilling to do anything to counter traps, and conversion trap (in teams) punishes pretty hard for doing nothing to play around it. I'd say this thread (with regard to the power level of conversion trap) is mostly premature whining, but conversion trap does interrupt the flow of the game pretty obnoxiously so there is something to be said there.

Ya... my thoughts were that conversion trap helped level the playing field a little more since melee is so OP compared to other builds in LLD for the most part.

It's pretty damn hard to stay alive as an archer against melee otherwise I've found. It discourages melee from playing one dimensionally.

True... it can be a bit of a clusterfuck when everyone's throwing conversion traps at one another in team play. I find it kind of hilarious, but I can imagine if one relies mostly on flicker or leap slam/whirling to bridge gaps, it would be annoying.

You could say that's a good or bad thing depending on your perspective. I don't think anti-trap measures are used as much as they could be though.

I haven't seen this to be much of a problem in high level pvp, although maybe the more multidimensional builds there help with that. In LLD, one has to specialize more.
IGN: _Firebitch
Last edited by Firebrand76 on Jun 23, 2014, 11:40:00 AM
Converting people for 18 seconds with 1 trap from multi trap conversion is imbalanced. I don't care what anyone says otherwise. Yes you can destroy traps pretty easily but, you can also chuck them ontop people directly and rinse wash repeat even easier. Enzymes videos on youtube LLD display this perfectly. Standing around for 18 seconds while converted with VS charges floating around you is,really really exciting and positive overall for game experience...LOL. I do think conversion trap should work on players to a certain extent but needs to be adjusted so its not disrupting game play this much. We will be making a video of this soon.
"
Converting people for 18 seconds with 1 trap from multi trap conversion is imbalanced. I don't care what anyone says otherwise. Yes you can destroy traps pretty easily but, you can also chuck them ontop people directly and rinse wash repeat even easier. Enzymes videos on youtube LLD display this perfectly. Standing around for 18 seconds while converted with VS charges floating around you is,really really exciting and positive overall for game experience...LOL. I do think conversion trap should work on players to a certain extent but needs to be adjusted so its not disrupting game play this much. We will be making a video of this soon.

I agree that it's obnoxious; I even said as much above. But saying it's overpowered (especially for 1v1) is laughable. Beastmode had 0 chaos resist in the last video i posted, and didn't even use rejuv totem. That you could watch that video and think anything I was using was overpowered next to his character is actually shocking to me.
Last edited by MrEnzyme on Jun 23, 2014, 6:42:38 PM
"
MrEnzyme wrote:
"

I agree that it's obnoxious; I even said as much above. But saying it's overpowered (especially for 1v1) is laughable. Beastmode had 0 chaos resist in the last video i posted, and didn't even use rejuv totem. That you could watch that video and think anything I was using was overpowered next to his character is actually shocking to me.

u told me he was max chaos res at some point. I assumed that was in the video too. You told me you were going to put a recent video up and that video was the latest in the last 3 months. I dont know why you put a video of you fighting against him without max chaos res when we were talking about how he was so hard to play against with it. Fair assumption imo.
Supremely annoying yes, OP probably not. The most important question is, who usually wins the matches? The melee or the non-melee guys? Both top tier.
IGN: _Firebitch

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info