Fix Conversion Trap

"
john_nova wrote:

I disagree 100%. conversion trap should not be a way to balance casters. buffing spells or do somthing else to balance them. the biggest problem with conversion trap is that it is plain ass boring. throw balance, or whatever out the window. being converted is just not fun period. it breaks the flow of the game and makes me want to stop playing altogether. theres a reason why its banned in poearena. this gem should not work on players.

agreed with john completely
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
"
Oats_PT wrote:
did you see Mindturtle's new low life EK caster after ambush ended? that build is OP. he combos cold snap tempchains and follows up with leapslam EK. its the scariest thing ever lol. im pretty sure he can beat most melee builds

sounds strong but actually winning vs a strong melee? i would be surprised.
"
Pillowapnts wrote:
"
Oats_PT wrote:
did you see Mindturtle's new low life EK caster after ambush ended? that build is OP. he combos cold snap tempchains and follows up with leapslam EK. its the scariest thing ever lol. im pretty sure he can beat most melee builds

sounds strong but actually winning vs a strong melee? i would be surprised.

i cant speak for all melees but, last time we VSed i got my ass whooped
@Oats_PT: Yea Lordsibro also does the same in LLD (not sure if you were talking about LLD too). Cold snap + temp chainz = ridiculously long chill effect during which you can EK (at new and insane cast speeds). This can easily be a new meta in teams and apparently its sick in 1v1 too.

I think GGG has to be careful because they've gotten a lot of feedback on casters being weak, but EK casters got a huge buff. Therefore if after 1.2.0 they buff casters in general, but dont change EK back to what it was, then EK will destroy even more than it does. I hope they keep that in mind when buffing casters.

@john_nova: well said. Conversion isnt the solution to a bad meta for casters. Conversion breaks team play even if the duration was 2 seconds. In teams you'd throw multitrap conversion traps and if you hear the conversion trap sound go off, thats when you jump in and 3v2 or 3v1. Rendering someone completely useless for a time is not a mechanic any pvp game should use.
IGN: @GreenDude
all "casters" should not be thrown together and balanced around one spell (EK)

elemental casters are completely different.
Last edited by Pillowapnts on Jul 29, 2014, 7:38:23 AM
"
Pillowapnts wrote:
all "casters" should not be thrown together and balanced around one spell (EK)

elemental casters are completely different.

Thats not what im saying. But its is true that some changes suggested, help both types.

One of the suggestions is to make an LLD unique that has supports Echo, creating a 5L in a 4L which is affordable for new pvpers and it allows the use of a lvl 31 gem. Or making is spawn as a corrupted mod. These changes would help ele casters alot, and EK. But that suggestion was made b4 EK's cast speed was changed. Since Echo is a more multiplier, EK would be INSANEly fast now. Thats just one of many suggestions that affects all casters not just ele. Of coruse there are some Ele specific ones.
IGN: @GreenDude
@greendude
Yea this is LLD. Mindturtle is mrmagukboy's ek character from the guild pvp28.

If echo is used in lld then I have no doubt in my mind that he would be unbeatable. Although it would be refreshing to see the meta shift towards casters in lld.

We played some 3v3s and 4v4 last night and everyone was either melee or bow puncture except for one person. It would be nice to see more casters and summoners.

On an unrelated note: last nights 4v4 was freaking EPIC with a crazy ending. Best team game I ever had so far in lld
"
Oats_PT wrote:
@greendude

If echo is used in lld then I have no doubt in my mind that he would be unbeatable. Although it would be refreshing to see the meta shift towards casters in lld.

We played some 3v3s and 4v4 last night and everyone was either melee or bow puncture except for one person. It would be nice to see more casters and summoners.

On an unrelated note: last nights 4v4 was freaking EPIC with a crazy ending. Best team game I ever had so far in lld

HC or Standard?
IGN: _Firebitch
"
Firebrand76 wrote:
"
Oats_PT wrote:
@greendude

HC or Standard?

this is standard. standard LLD scene is so active these days. you can get 3v3s going on every night.
"
Oats_PT wrote:
@greendude

Although its refreshing to see change, shifting from 1 build domination all to another domination all is still bad.

What I'd like to see more is a rock-paper-scissors type of thing where no build can defeat all other builds relatively easy. That will just make most people stick to 1-2 builds and ultimately kills diversity imo
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info