Fix Conversion Trap

Needs fixed but i don't think GGG knows how to do it...
Spoiler
"
Rhys wrote:
It is an interesting skill to use against summoners, though.

Summoners are not viable in pvp... except SRS in LLD, even then it's a kite flight that ends in a draw.... Conversion traps are messed up guys.
Last edited by VZ58 on Jul 16, 2014, 2:02:02 AM
"
VZ58 wrote:

Summoners are not viable in pvp... except SRS in LLD

Cough... it's actually pretty viable in HLD as well. Fun to play. :)
IGN: _Firebitch
"
Firebrand76 wrote:
"
VZ58 wrote:

Summoners are not viable in pvp... except SRS in LLD

Cough... it's actually pretty viable in HLD as well. Fun to play. :)

damn raging spirits ._.
IGN: BaiBhai | BhaiBhai | Bhailo

"
VZ58 wrote:
Needs fixed but i don't think GGG knows how to do it...
Spoiler
"
Rhys wrote:
It is an interesting skill to use against summoners, though.

Summoners are not viable in pvp... except SRS in LLD, even then it's a kite flight that ends in a draw.... Conversion traps are messed up guys.

without conversion trap, id argue raging spirits are too strong in pvp.
Last edited by Pillowapnts on Jul 16, 2014, 3:48:55 PM
"
Pillowapnts wrote:

without conversion trap, id argue raging spirits are too strong in pvp.

Agreed. Which is why it needs to still exists the same way it is but not work on players. This way no one needs to relearn how to use it or abuse it in teams or even have to deal with a summoner with few tools at our disposal.

edit: had screwed up quotation tags where it seemed my response was pillows quote. mybad
IGN: @GreenDude
Last edited by GreenDude on Jul 17, 2014, 9:52:42 PM
double post// sry
Last edited by Pillowapnts on Jul 27, 2014, 7:20:55 AM
I know there is a possible nerf coming to conversion trap regarding pvp. But i think a heavy nerf to the duration is a LOT better of an answer than removing it completely.

It's vital to the balance of caster vs melee that conversion trap stays at least in a weakened form.

I think around half its current duration would be fair, or include a heavy duration penalty for multi trap being linked, such as reduced duration effect listed on multitrap. (could make lightning warp traps more interesting lol).

anyways, thx
"
Pillowapnts wrote:
I know there is a possible nerf coming to conversion trap regarding pvp. But i think a heavy nerf to the duration is a LOT better of an answer than removing it completely.

It's vital to the balance of caster vs melee that conversion trap stays at least in a weakened form.

I think around half its current duration would be fair, or include a heavy duration penalty for multi trap being linked, such as reduced duration effect listed on multitrap. (could make lightning warp traps more interesting lol).

anyways, thx

I disagree 100%. conversion trap should not be a way to balance casters. buffing spells or do somthing else to balance them. the biggest problem with conversion trap is that it is plain ass boring. throw balance, or whatever out the window. being converted is just not fun period. it breaks the flow of the game and makes me want to stop playing altogether. theres a reason why its banned in poearena. this gem should not work on players.
Last edited by john_nova on Jul 28, 2014, 12:41:58 AM
"
john_nova wrote:
"
Pillowapnts wrote:

anyways, thx

I disagree 100%. conversion trap should not be a way to balance casters. buffing spells or do somthing else to balance them. the biggest problem with conversion trap is that it is plain ass boring. throw balance, or whatever out the window. being converted is just not fun period. it breaks the flow of the game and makes me want to stop playing altogether. theres a reason why its banned in poearena. this gem should not work on players.

the problem is consecutive conversions. After you get converted once, then there should be a cool-down where you have some time before the next conversion trap is able to go off. The only real "issue" is that someone has the option to just spam the traps and stay converted until the end of the duel.

the bottom line is that ranged/casters need something to stop melee characters from walking straight up to them and just killing them.

unless you're a puncture char (who gets puncture trap), conversion trap is the only thing that seems to work.

did you see Mindturtle's new low life EK caster after ambush ended? that build is OP. he combos cold snap tempchains and follows up with leapslam EK. its the scariest thing ever lol. im pretty sure he can beat most melee builds

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info