Fix Conversion Trap

Is there any plan to rework how conversion trap functions in pvp currently? Combined with certain gems and builds/nodes that compliment their dps skill, conversion trap can swap u to the enemy team for 6-11 seconds easy. In team fights its awful. Once everyone catches on to how powerful this skill is pvp will be dominated by it in team vs team.

Sure there are ways to counter but seriously the amount of investment it takes for conversion trap to dominate games is very little. Also multi trap doesnt suffer any penalties from multi trap other than more mana multiplier and a linked socket. The duration of conversion trap should definitely be affected by multi trap.

I would like for conversion trap to still serve a function like dealing with minions, guardians, and other peoples traps but really the length of time it lasts on players is pretty dumbfounding!
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
Although we will allow Conversion Trap in 1v1s, I know that for tournaments hosted on PoE Arena, for team matches it will most likely be banned. It is not fun to play when in a 5v5 , all players have a conversion trap and instead of seeing a match full of skill, all you see is an arena with a million traps on the ground. It is confusing for the audience, even for the shoutcast team. It ruins teams imo.

Solution: Make it work for everything except players in PvP
IGN: @GreenDude
---browser did a double post by accident, ignore---
IGN: @GreenDude
Last edited by GreenDude on May 30, 2014, 1:30:46 PM
Nah dont take out conversion trap because then it completely ruins some of the pvp builds that are out there, not fair to the people who invested many exalts on a build that relies on conversion trap.
for team games you definitely need to nerf it. we had this 3v3 once where everyone started throwing conversion traps. it became a boring ass cluster fuck. its just too abusable.
"
DoctorWrath wrote:
Nah dont take out conversion trap because then it completely ruins some of the pvp builds that are out there, not fair to the people who invested many exalts on a build that relies on conversion trap.

it doesnt need to be taken out but it definitely needs to be affected in a negative manner by multi trap dude. Multi trap was put into the game without considering its affects on conversion trap. In teams multiple people using conversion trap in a 3v3 can lead to like 18 traps on the ground all converting at the same rate as someone throwing single conversion traps. It needs to be reworked, not removed.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
"
GreenDude wrote:
Although we will allow Conversion Trap in 1v1s, I know that for tournaments hosted on PoE Arena, for team matches it will most likely be banned. It is not fun to play when in a 5v5 , all players have a conversion trap and instead of seeing a match full of skill, all you see is an arena with a million traps on the ground. It is confusing for the audience, even for the shoutcast team. It ruins teams imo.

Solution: Make it work for everything except players in PvP
Its very unfun and counter intuitive in team matches in general, and I think it's extremely questionable in 1v1 as well.

Edit:
"
Fightgarr wrote:
Converting players is stupid and should be removed. Converting summons and totems and whatnot seems perfectly legit though.
ก็็็็็็็็็็IGN:Varanice(90 EA Marauder); Aura_Amoureux (8X LL Aurastack Cyclone Scion)
Softore Shop Thread #665265 -Uniques, Race Rewards, Gems, and more.
I also play LLD PvP in SC, and race as Witch or occasionally Scion.
www.twitch.tv/varanice
Last edited by Varanice on May 31, 2014, 8:45:02 PM
Converting players is stupid and should be removed. Converting summons and totems and whatnot seems perfectly legit though.
"
Fightgarr wrote:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info