[OUTDATED] Zivko's WoE + BoR build - Seems like the build is dead

"
sprunklin wrote:
Ogrec.

7-10 block from vagan?

I don't see that mentioned anywhere except one reddit post. Have you seen it? Is it possible it was removed. I couldn't find anyone that was familiar with it. There's a 2-5% listed on the poe wiki but there isn't a currency associated with it yet.

It was 7-10 before on wiki, i just checked it and you're right, 2-5% is the highest value. sorry about that :(

Tisca
WoE does not benefit from 1H nodes
OK thx. I must've been mixing up Dual wielding one handers with 1H.
"
Tisca wrote:
OK thx. I must've been mixing up Dual wielding one handers with 1H.

Am... I'm a bit confused here, because you wrote it in a very confusing way :D

Dual Wielding is actually 1H all the time (you can't dual wield 2h lol), except in the case of WoE, which is basically a 2h weapon, except that you are dual wielding it (well, in some theory, dual wielding is 2h right? Since you cannot wield anything alse but the two weapons one in each hand - but nevermind this it is just an attempt of a fun-fact, completely irrelevant to this games weapon interpretation).

So, to cut the story short: WoE is a 2h weapon but is used as a dual wielded axe/s (notice on the icon of the weapon how it's actually based on two weapons chained together), so both 2h and dual wield passive nodes will affect it, 1h sadly not, as it is not an 1h weapon. But I would assume it is all pretty logical from the axe's description itself.

You see, in PoE you always have to read the description carefully and for most of the time, you will get the answers for your questions straight up from there. First check the status of your weapon - if it says 2h, it is 2h, otherwise it is 1h - then check the stats. If it says "Counts as dual wielding" in the stats, then it obviously implements the effect of dual wielding passives and not 1h as it is not a 1h in the weapon status.

Dual wielding itself does not alter the type of weapon in any way - 1h is still 1h and 2h is still 2h.
Last edited by Sparkl on Sep 9, 2014, 1:20:15 PM
"
Fujira wrote:
Thanks for the input but survivability is much more important to me. I did as I said I would and changed to blood rage + determination/grace which gives me 53% flat reduction without endurance or pots together with 57/61 block while sustaining 20k dps. That is without any of the axe dmg nodes yet. I don't really like cleave either and the tool tip dps is a bit misleading compared to melee splash with dual strike, but that's just my preference :)

Do keep in mind that I play Beyond so one mistake or similar is enough.

Well, the stats that would change in your case by switching to BoR are -

You loose :

- cca 200 armour
- cca 700 evasion
- depends if BoR is legacy in case its not you loose around 70 stat HP. With legacy BoR, you loose much less eva and armour, your HP stays intact.

You gain:

- Blind (50% chance to miss) - additionally lowered accuracy by using enfeeble
- Much more dps (around 28k)
- 15% block
- chance of getting endurance charge on block

Well, except for the HP, other cons can be easily solved by using determination + grace, HP is the only downside, but can again be solved by getting legacy BoR.

I have no idea how you actually managed to loose dps when switching to BoR (yes, the skill gems in BoR get a lower lvl, but BoR also adds 20-30 phys dmg which is huge). 15% additional block chance is not a minimal improvement, it's actually huge, and also leaves you with the oportunity to refund the block nodes to something else, mainly HP or DPS, whatever you feel you need more.

Otherwise the gain from switching to BoR is huge, I would dare to say that switching to BoR in your case would make your char much more defensive than running a helmet+chest combo. Well, at least until you manage to find yourself a killer chest + helmet with high eva/armour stats on it.

Solving ele res is easy with rings + belts.

Edit: By choosing acrobatics and spell dodge, armour rate isn't so important since you loose 50% of it anyway, but phys reduction gets solved anyway, since you will be running around with a 10sec IC anyway. :)
Last edited by Sparkl on Sep 9, 2014, 1:41:52 PM
I'm 75 in Beyond right now and wondering; does Acro/phase work with AR/EV hybrid builds? Looks super sketchy with 800 AR and 2300 EV like in that scrshot. Not convinced the dodge will make up for that. This option is named "higher survivability" but I'm skeptical.

I'm IR & Grace at the moment. Considering getting red mana reserve nodes and switching my HoA for Determination. Could run Hatred for easier content.

Oh, and cleaving.
I was just wondering something... There are some insane builds, like the SRS for example, that can do around 2mil dps on atziri and can also farm uber. How do we compete with that? It can out dps atziri even before atziri fires her first aoe...
"
Sparkl wrote:
I was just wondering something... There are some insane builds, like the SRS for example, that can do around 2mil dps on atziri and can also farm uber. How do we compete with that? It can out dps atziri even before atziri fires her first aoe...

you cant

however they are normally a lot squishier, the power of this build is cheap and tanky, and can farm atziri at a low cost

In terms of dps it cannot compete with most critical builds, let alone FOTM builds such as SRS or trap chinsol puncture
Yeah sure I wasn't aiming at the dps of course, just the overall effectivenes...

I'm just lvling one SRS build atm, just for fun to see what happens.
I'm wondering if these FOTM builds eventualy get nerfed...
Last edited by Sparkl on Sep 9, 2014, 11:46:26 PM
"
Sparkl wrote:
Yeah sure I wasn't aiming at the dps of course, just the overall effectivenes...

I'm just lvling one SRS build atm, just for fun to see what happens.
I'm wondering if these FOTM builds eventualy get nerfed...

SRS has nowhere near the tankiness of this, I played it last league. It's a typical caster for tank stats. 4.5k HP, almost no block, no dodge. Yes SRS is very strong and kills very fast but this build is MUCH safer overall.
IGN: Dmillz
"
Tisca wrote:
I'm 75 in Beyond right now and wondering; does Acro/phase work with AR/EV hybrid builds? Looks super sketchy with 800 AR and 2300 EV like in that scrshot. Not convinced the dodge will make up for that. This option is named "higher survivability" but I'm skeptical.

I'm IR & Grace at the moment. Considering getting red mana reserve nodes and switching my HoA for Determination. Could run Hatred for easier content.

Oh, and cleaving.

What do you need armor for? You have 75% block + enduring cry + immortal call + evasion + dodge + CWDT + 6k hp. You can even add in a Granite flask if you feel. You are NOT going to die to physical.
IGN: Dmillz

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info