[OUTDATED] Zivko's WoE + BoR build - Seems like the build is dead

Ogrec

I got Atziri down on my third try. It was awesome!

Now I'm having a problem. I saved up for a Soul Taker. Not realizing it would change so much.

My DPS is through the roof but I'm now insanely squishy. I'm assuming I need to change builds? Any you recommend now?

I'm at 67/48 for blocking. I was indestructible with your build.
I highly doubt you will be able to get the same tankiness/evasiveness with soul taker as you can with WoE.

You would probably need to change builds for something that implements soul taker in the build. Mostly done by soul taker+shield which changes the whole build.

I was also thinking about what to do when you get much better weapons than WoE but I guess the only real answer is trying another build.
faiths
I don't think VP is a good option, you lose regeneration so you can't outregen Blood Rage anymore. Your leech is reduced, if you had 11% before, you'd have 4.4% with VP. Benefit is that it applies instantly, but you have more regeneration/sec with regular leech unless you stack a lot of life leech which is not an easy thing to do. Instant healing is not needed often with this build and with buff to flasks and flask recovery nodes on the tree when you do need it, you can just hit your divine flask for instant ~1800hp. So i don't recommend taking VP.

sprunklin
I have a near perfect Soul Taker just sitting in my stash, reason is improvements to mana use were so good that you can run any skill on mana (except cyclone) with little investment. If you want to play a cyclone build with soul taker, you don't need huge adjustments to the build. You can still follow the same skill tree, you just need to find a good 1H axe and craft Vagan's mod on it (7-10% block chance while dual wielding). You would lose 19% spellblock, but if you're following acrobatics build, its not a big deal.
Last edited by ogrec on Sep 8, 2014, 5:06:06 AM
Yes, this soul taker thing (or mjolner muaha) sounds awesome.

But on the other hand, it's the spellblock that keeps me alive when doing dominus, and it's the spellblock that will probably save me when doing atziri. So why cut that down? Or yeah, use soul takers for clearing speed, but switch to WoE for difficult magic bosses. Should work.
So even this build have to avoid Dominus' Lightning Fist right? (78/74 map)

I just try it with 78 Dominus with Vulnerability mod

and I die just one fist.

with flask:

5.5kHp/85 lightning resist/~17000 armor
78 Dominus can crit over 6500 HP/ES points (5850HP/650ES) on char with 8k armour and 89 lighting resistance with -20% crit dmg passive. It's more than normal Atziri flameblast and there aren't much builds that can survive Touch of God. Prety much, only legacy Kaom's Heart or 10k+ ES builds.
So a bit of an update to those who are interested in a variation of this build, its not very viable of course cause I got really lucky with a 6L WoE.

I managed to buy BoR finally but after trying it and losing 8k out of 19k dps and 500 hp I decided that I will try this build without BoR and stay at my 57/61 block/spellblock.

Have 5500 hp currently and 42% reduction with grace, running grace/hatred but will switch to grace/determination at the same time as I change my 6L to added fire instead of life leech and going to run blood rage constantly. Im at 18 positive chaos res so I was waiting for this to do the swap in my build. Point is that I will be hit a bit more than with BoR but with my Hp pool and reduction should still be fine.

I will link my gear below:

I am now lvl 89 in beyond league

I am running the exact build of the mana based tree that is posted so no difference there, only the 6L and the helm/body armour are different.

The _only_ sketchy bosses so far are Dominus on 74/78 that I wont solo on beyond and the beyond boss which shoots fire-lasers and can oneshot you. All the other bosses and exiles I solo with ease.

Secondary weapon for gem-swaps:

Last edited by Fujira on Sep 8, 2014, 8:19:00 AM
That's a nice set of gear, Fujira
I've added a quote to the guide as an example of gear without BoR.
"
Fujira wrote:
So a bit of an update to those who are interested in a variation of this build, its not very viable of course cause I got really lucky with a 6L WoE.

I managed to buy BoR finally but after trying it and losing 8k out of 19k dps and 500 hp I decided that I will try this build without BoR and stay at my 57/61 block/spellblock.

Have 5500 hp currently and 42% reduction with grace, running grace/hatred but will switch to grace/determination at the same time as I change my 6L to added fire instead of life leech and going to run blood rage constantly. Im at 18 positive chaos res so I was waiting for this to do the swap in my build. Point is that I will be hit a bit more than with BoR but with my Hp pool and reduction should still be fine.

I will link my gear below:

I am now lvl 89 in beyond league

I am running the exact build of the mana based tree that is posted so no difference there, only the 6L and the helm/body armour are different.

The _only_ sketchy bosses so far are Dominus on 74/78 that I wont solo on beyond and the beyond boss which shoots fire-lasers and can oneshot you. All the other bosses and exiles I solo with ease.

Secondary weapon for gem-swaps:

Switch to cleave, use BoR, with Cleave - Multistrike - Conc. eff. - Added Fire/Life Leech/Phys dmg on full life and admire the miracle as you will not only get a free blind gem, but also much more block + your dps will now be around 27k with LL support, and up to 40k with other dps supports.

It is worth it, believe me I tested it, as others have before me. If you have a 6L WoE and won't miss blind too much (although I sometimes find it invaluable especially when fighting a large phys dmg group and I insta blind half of the group thus significantly lowering the dmg done to me), you will get even higher DPS cos of the gems lvl.

Need to get myself a legacy BoR... Hype.
Thanks for the input but survivability is much more important to me. I did as I said I would and changed to blood rage + determination/grace which gives me 53% flat reduction without endurance or pots together with 57/61 block while sustaining 20k dps. That is without any of the axe dmg nodes yet. I don't really like cleave either and the tool tip dps is a bit misleading compared to melee splash with dual strike, but that's just my preference :)

Do keep in mind that I play Beyond so one mistake or similar is enough.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info