[OUTDATED] Zivko's WoE + BoR build - Seems like the build is dead

I'll update too for anyone playing HC and looking at this build; it is no longer a cheap build thanks to the rarity increase on BoR, and Beyond prices are much higher than Rampage as it is.

I still havent gotten a BoR, prob. about 1-2 exalt away. Overall, just a WoE/BoR/Rainbow is going to run 13 EX, not counting whatever else you might need.

However, I am really tanky anyways at 62/62 block/spellblock. Its just BoR's are insane atm on Beyond/challenge HC leagues, roughly 9-10 EX. But, like i said, I feel really tanky at 62/62 and you could probably make due for awhile with a 5l or a lightning coil/belly of beast/etc. And just pick up scion block nodes for 68/68. Hell, I would even try a carcass jack if I knew I could get 4R/1B for the aoe increase.

I'm currently 80 on beyond, 62/62, 4500 hp, 11k dps with increased AoE/17k with Conc effect but I never use Conc effect. I use cleave/multi/LL/Melee phys, and then swap increased aoe/conc effect out if I feel like it. Most of the time I just run with aoe.

But yea, fair warning to any HC players reading this, the BoR may be out of hte question for a good bit.
Last edited by Destructodave on Sep 8, 2014, 12:45:07 PM
Hi guys , few days ago changed my old Blender build based on Soul Taker + BoR + Cyclone to this nice and tanky build
I am level 90 and after reading the entire thread few times changed my old build to a mana variant of this build but with few modifications especially for Atziri runs

- lv 90
- 5936 HP
- 764 mana (665 reserved mana) - 99 mana free for using Cleave
- 80/75/79 resists with PoF and PoL
- using Blood Rage with no degeneration due to 4.8% life regen and -20 chaos resist
- 10 % LL from physical damage granted by Blood Rage
- 75 % block , 75 % spell block due to 2% block corrupted Stone of Lazhwar
- cost of Cleave combo - 45 (single taget) - 46 (for aoe damage)

Main combo of skills in legacy BoR :

Cleave (atm lv 17 q20)->Multistrike->Added Fire->Conc Effect ~ 45.946 k DPS with 3xFrenzy Charges and Hatred
Cleave (atm lv 17 q20)->Multistrike->Added Fire->Increased Area ~ 27.560 k DPS with 3xFrenzy Charges and Hatred

Without Frenzy Charges and with LL gem instead of Added Fire - single target DPS ~~ 33.420 K DPS - for dpsing Atziri + Atziri's clones ?

To use Cleave with mana had to get 3 mana nodes in Duelist start area (Mana , Mana , Mana Flows) and having 2% mana leech on one piece of gear (gloves in my case).
Also had to take those 4 aura nodes (Sovereignity) to be able to use PoL , PoF and Hatred with a L20 Reduced Mana at the same time for maxing fire and lightning resists

Without those 4 aura nodes i wasn't able to use 2x40 and 1x60 aura gems and still have mana for Cleave.

Can exchange PoF and PoL for mapping and easy non elemental bosses with PoE and Herald of Ash , DPS is increased and have more mana unreserved to spend for Cleave

Never tried Atziri on this build though , only tried it and killed it a few times on Elemental Buzzsaw ST build (Mathil's build) on other char before 1.2 update but i really want to try it on this char since ST Elemental Buzzsaw was quite nerfed after the 1.2 patch.

Now few questions for OP and others who already tried Atziri on this build :

- do you think is safe to try Atziri with my setup : No Acrobatics and no Phase Acrobatics but still 75% block and spell block ?
- why isn't Blood Rage Life Leech (10%) not enough for Atziri and need to swap for Life Leech gem in main combo setup ? Is because Life Leech in gem is 9% of ALL damage (not only physical) and also with quality has increased life leech rate ?

I ask this because swapping Added Fire with LL gem lowers the DPS for single target quite a bit so i was wondering if the 10% LL from physical damage of Blood Rage is not enough to sustain the damage dealt by Atziri ?

- when i was leveling this char for previous build took 1 skill point from bandits quest in Merciless difficulty (instead of taking an Endurance charge) so atm can rise only 3 Endurance charges instead 4 which OP was getting hence less time for Immortal call . It is a safer variant to change the reward i took in bandits quest in Merciless difficulty OR 3 EC that generate max of like 6 seconds Immortal Call (when both self casted) is enough for trio of Bosses in Atziri run ?

- will the combo of Cleave + Increased Area of Effect will be enough to kill adds at Atziri in time with the dps values i posted above ?

My skill tree for mana variant lv 90
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAnEDhwSzCVgMXxRNFFIVIBZvFy8Y2xo4G60cpx3KIuIj9iSqJ-0o2ymlKk0s6TKJNJM1kjXvNuk64TrtPC0_J0d-R-JKfUrITZJOKk4yU6VV1lb6V-JZ81n-W69csGNwZOdlTWXwZp5noGwWbbRuaW6qcHJyqXVOfNl9dYCkgUGE2YcZh3aQCpBVmSuiAKOKpDmmjaeEqWisqrXytkG3Pr2BvqfAGsGLxLjE9sau0IHTftP81fjYvdun3Q3f7-Nq5b3sOO4O73rv4_JF9lX60vxL_MX-Cv66

My current gear and gem setup

Thanks again for this nice build , it really rocks to see OP created quite a redutable build for endgame while is still cheap compared to other end game builds

Last edited by lilianmarius on Sep 9, 2014, 6:53:10 AM
lilianmarius
If you check 1.1 videos you'll notice 68/68 block/spellblock build with 5.3k life and barely 18k dps killing vaal, triboss and atziri with no problems.
1.2 patch buffed this build a lot and even mana version has more survivability then old bm build had. You'll be able to faceroll apex at lvl90, just make sure you keep immortal call up all the time when skipping trash mobs or fighting triboss.

I change life leech gem with splash not because it leeches more then blood rage, but because it gives more single target (splash has damage reduction) and i dont need to outregenerate blood rage so that's more regen in total (from leech and regen combined). I would be perfectly safe running blood rage in that fight, i'm switching mostly cause of habit, i usually start farming atziri around lvl 82-83 and at that low level replacing blood rage with life leech is a noticeable boost to survivability.
"
ogrec wrote:
lilianmarius
If you check 1.1 videos you'll notice 68/68 block/spellblock build with 5.3k life and barely 18k dps killing vaal, triboss and atziri with no problems.
1.2 patch buffed this build a lot and even mana version has more survivability then old bm build had. You'll be able to faceroll apex at lvl90, just make sure you keep immortal call up all the time when skipping trash mobs or fighting triboss.

I change life leech gem with splash not because it leeches more then blood rage, but because it gives more single target (splash has damage reduction) and i dont need to outregenerate blood rage so that's more regen in total (from leech and regen combined). I would be perfectly safe running blood rage in that fight, i'm switching mostly cause of habit, i usually start farming atziri around lvl 82-83 and at that low level replacing blood rage with life leech is a noticeable boost to survivability.

Thank you very much for your prompt reply and advices , so you saying is safe with my setup Cleave+Conc Effect/Increased Area to change only Conc Effect with Increased Area during Atziri fight (for adds) and get the life leech only from Blood Rage without using LL gem ?

Never had to change gems during Atziri fight before with Elem Buzzsaw so was thinnking of having to change not 1 but 2 gems multiple times during Atziri fight will make loose a lot of time and maybe even die :)

Will try Atziri these days , dont have many map sets so thats why was asking quite those questions
I'd use increased aoe for adds and conc effect for atziri. You'll be fine running blood rage, don't worry about it.
First of all I have to say this was a really nice build that brought me to killing Atziri at level 71 and to anyone who has played PoE for awhile, downing Atziri at level 71 is absolutely insane! Firstly I'd like to say I didn't use dub strike nor did I use cleave, I used Cyclone. Once again I'd like to thank you for a nice guideline for a BoE WoE block build. I'll be filling the rest of the points in my tree into a few more life nodes and far more dps. ;)

The Gear I used is here
Spoiler

My Tree I used at level 71 is
Ogrec.

7-10 block from vagan?

I don't see that mentioned anywhere except one reddit post. Have you seen it? Is it possible it was removed. I couldn't find anyone that was familiar with it. There's a 2-5% listed on the poe wiki but there isn't a currency associated with it yet.
god damn should have checked BoR prices before starting this project.. Nice that you added an section in the FAQ about alternatives though.
WoE still double dips into both 2H and 1H nodes, right? How could you ignore nodes like Aspect of the Panther and Crusader?
"
Tisca wrote:
WoE still double dips into both 2H and 1H nodes, right? How could you ignore nodes like Aspect of the Panther and Crusader?

I'm pretty sure woe double dips 2h and duel wield nodes. Not 1h nodes. Those 2 have no effect
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info