[OUTDATED] Zivko's WoE + BoR build - Seems like the build is dead

"
ogrec wrote:
Offensive (mana based) version has higher defenses then the old defensive version of the build had, and i was farming Atziri with old version since level 82. You can check in videos section 1.1 videos, theres a shrine piety and dominus fight with the old version of the build. I'd say the build selection depends on the league you're playing on, if you're on softcore or rampage, offensive is probably a better choice.

You lose around 500dps in total on higher levels if you take Oak. Its not a huge difference and you dont need to spend 20 regrets changing bandit reward, you'll be fine with Oak.

As i said, even level 16 Cleave has higher dps then Double Strike and you can add increased aoe gem to get higher aoe then melee splash has. You can also exchange increased aoe with conc effect gem for difficult bosses to get even higher dps then Dual Strike has.
For Atziri i would use Cleave + multistrike + conc effect + life leech (instad of added fire) in a mana based version.

Tyvm for reply, got 73% block / 70% spellblock. My cleave dps is 27k, but it drains my mana veeery quick. And I'm not even running purity of lightning yet, which means I won't be able to use cleave at all with mana I'll have left. What should I do?
What level are you, what gem setup are you using with cleave, what level are the gems you're using, how much mana do you have in total and how much unreserved, do you have mana leech on gear?
Gear

Spoiler

Skilltree: http://tinyurl.com/ohhqzem

I'm lvl 83 now. 90 mana left unreserved after Hatred and both Purity auras are up.
Last edited by anvilgod on Aug 22, 2014, 5:26:50 AM
I switched to cleave with concentrated effect (instead of dual+splash). Increased my dps from 18k to 24k so I won't be going back to dual strike :P. (My passive tree is a bit different though - more nodes around shadow area and less in templar)
Hejren / Triceps / Regnbuen / Sarinti / Striglen / Mareridt / Spoegelset / Doktoren / Dobbelganger / Skjoldtrold / Forkynderen
"
anvilgod wrote:
Gear

Spoiler

Skilltree: http://tinyurl.com/ohhqzem

I'm lvl 83 now. 90 mana left unreserved after Hatred and both Purity auras are up.

You need to get 2% mana leech on one of the rings or gloves. You wont be able to sustain mana build without mana leech.
I'll update the thread to emphasize that.
Can I get mana leech on rings through masters?
I believe Elreon can craft mana leech on rings, but i haven't leveled him high enough or took a hideout to be able to place crafting bench somewhere and test.

Your prismatic ring has a free prefix slot which can be used to craft 1-2% mana leech on it once you level the master high enough. It will cost 5 chaos orbs according to wiki. Here is the source: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Elreon,_Loremaster
Ah, ty. So 2% mana leech will be enough?
Yes
"
ogrec wrote:
@Destructodave
Heading towards Acrobatics means you'll get a lot of dexterity a long the way and your hit chance should be ok. If you find that its too low, Finesse, Acuity and Weathered Hunter accuracy notables are right easy to pick up on the way to Acrobatics so you can temporarily take some of those nodes until you reach resolute technique.

If you decide to take that route and it turns out it was a good leveling decision, post it here please, i'll include it as an optional route in the leveling guide once i find time to write one.

I almost did, but ended up just going towards Resolute Technique instead, because I was getting up there in levels and holding onto 8-10 extra points was becoming a bore since I could actually start dying in those levels.(I'm 48) I picked up the 3 health nodes at RT and now I'm going to head towards Acrobatics I think.

I had the same reasoning you said about going towards acrobatics and picking up a lot of dexterity nodes, and was the main reason I thought about going that route instead.

The one nice thing about about going RT is it helps on your abysmal mana pool when using leech. I can tell a difference in my mana generation(I got lucky and found a Wyrm's Molt early on)from the minute I stuck a point in RT. So, I guess that could be in consideration as to what gear you have access to as far as leveling paths. If I didn't have leech, I think going acrobatics may have been a better choice, because there is a leech node up there if you still cant afford to run Blood Magic yet.

But yea, lol, I just flipped a coin and went with it. I had 8 points saved up and could get RT right off the bat, or get halfway to Acrobatics, and chose the instant gratification route before a boss fight.

If I Rip, I'll try the other way, and let you know.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info