Rebalancing Internal Unique Item Rarities (Locked June 16)

Increasing a number that is effectively zero by 20% is still effectively zero.
While i applaud the effort it is still a very small drop in a very large ocean.
"Blue warrior shot the food"
I don't think that you would have been able to notice this change if they implemented it without telling us.

Essentially what I mean is, sure they're telling us that it's going to change so we acknowledge the change, but the numbers aren't big enough to notice a big difference in any aspect of the game.

It's nice they're acknowledging that it is a problem and I don't expect unique items like shavronne's and kaoms dropping left and right, but it is such a minuscule change that it is nothing really to get particularly excited about.
"
mazul wrote:

Most people here are not 16 year old kids anymore.

It was an analogy to convey the feeling of big ticket items dropping. People get enough little drops to equal a Kaoms now, yet complain they never found a Kaoms. Hell, they probably find enough to buy 3 or 4 over a 4 month league, yet still complain about not having a Kaoms actually drop for them.

Now their dimes become nickles, and finding nickles will never be as gratifying as finding dimes. However, Kaoms will still cost $300, whether you pay in nickles or dimes. I would rather pay in dimes.
Wow, this is awesome. Glad to hear you've taken feedback into account. Will be nice to find some more rare uniques that I could actually plan a build around, rather than having to grind for currency and purchase said uniques. Granted, buying a build enabler lets you choose your own adventure, but it's that, or generally no adventure at all in the current state. After 1000 hours of running mostly MF chars, with a Saffel's and a Carnage Heart as probably my best drops (unless you count Tipua Kaikohuru), I welcome this change.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
"
Worldbreaker wrote:
"
mazul wrote:

Most people here are not 16 year old kids anymore.

It was an analogy to convey the feeling of big ticket items dropping. People get enough little drops to equal a Kaoms now, yet complain they never found a Kaoms. Hell, they probably find enough to buy 3 or 4 over a 4 month league, yet still complain about not having a Kaoms actually drop for them.

Now their dimes become nickles, and finding nickles will never be as gratifying as finding dimes. However, Kaoms will still cost $300, whether you pay in nickles or dimes. I would rather pay in dimes.

I don't expect any adult to be that excited for anything that RNG gives them in a game. Why? Because experience and maturity should put such things in perspective.

As for people complaining about not finding Kaom's: it seems to be more a frustration with how the game is designed around trading and that self-found is at massive disadvantage.

This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
And also, change Voll's protector - while it occasionally sees some play, having a unique which by itself is of questionable value AND has a huge disability is just silly.

Voll's Protector, much like Hyrri's Ire is from a time when uniques were not a subject of the power creep. At that time, the game was much simpler and these were considered very powerful.
Oh ... My ... God ... Thank you RNGESSSSSUS
i like big crits and i cannot lie, you otha brothas cant denyyy....
Sounds good guys, after farming for 15 days on a MF char and not getting and drops in the top two tiers i had given up hope.
I'm not sure why there's a separation between Rare and Super-Rare.
I don't think "chase uniques" is healthy for the game, especially when they are build-enabling.
Anyway, best of luck in the rebalance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info