Rebalancing Internal Unique Item Rarities (Locked June 16)

"
Tuftronic wrote:
"
Skorched wrote:
Its about time! I might actually start playing again if you get this right.

Ditto. I've hardly been playing at all. It was mostly because of the super low drop rate of better uniques. Thanks for addressing the issue. Let's hope it's enough :)

lol if you want super hyped OP/GG uniques BiS go play D3...

you saying that if you can't have a Shavronne's you wont play the game anymore? are you both serious?

this game SHOULD NOT focus on unique slots only... but the RARE ones!

GGG DO NOT APPLY THIS CHANGE please...
Beta Member Since 2010
Last edited by Kalidor on May 16, 2014, 12:48:27 PM
I'm disappointed. This is pretty much caving to all the whiners claiming that "nothing good drops" for them and that they "won't play" unless they're given an op legendary for every hour of play. Super rare uniques should be rare and powerful, they're plenty common enough.

I agree with restructuring what items are 'common' or whatever, but super rare uniques are fine as they currently are.

If you want 'guaranteed legendaries' Diablo 3 has systems in place for that.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
Last edited by anubite on May 16, 2014, 12:47:48 PM
"
anubite wrote:
I'm disappointed. This is pretty much caving to all the whiners claiming that "nothing good drops" for them and that they "won't play" unless they're given an op legendary for every hour of play. Super rare uniques should be rare and powerful, they're plenty common enough.

I agree with restructuring what items are 'common' or whatever, but super rare uniques are fine as they currently are.

If you want 'guaranteed legendaries' Diablo 3 has systems in place for that.

I'd say super rare uniques aren't fine, but it's not so much the drop rate as the design. They should be more suited to letting you add a new 10-15 point branch to you build tree, rather than the only avenue to viability with certain builds.

Also, I fail to see how a 20% buff in drop rates of the highest tier equates to 'Won't play without a Shav's every hour'. Still probably won't drop one in 1000.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
Excellent news !

Now triple the chances of finding common uniques and quadruple the rest and I will play this game again.

Don't worry, I am in no hurry. I can wait a few years.
After reading the post I see i5s not a reblance of the items.how ever I would like to see some items like that nice broken one handed axe get nerfed. But this thread is not about reblance but about drop rate.

Any ways, look forword to seeing some items made harder to get and some that are hard to get that should be a lot easer to get.
Last edited by Soulreaver_chris on May 16, 2014, 1:14:34 PM
"
b15h09 wrote:

I'd say super rare uniques aren't fine, but it's not so much the drop rate as the design. They should be more suited to letting you add a new 10-15 point branch to you build tree, rather than the only avenue to viability with certain builds.

Also, I fail to see how a 20% buff in drop rates of the highest tier equates to 'Won't play without a Shav's every hour'. Still probably won't drop one in 1000.

so don't use super rare items? odds will be still near to impossible to get. waiting for smart gearing .... bye
Mirror of Kalandra?
Last edited by ama on May 16, 2014, 1:15:49 PM
I think that people fail to understand that some of us DON'T CARE FOR ITEM VALUE.

We want to have a chance of trying the highest tier uniques sometime in this lifetime... It's not funny to watch all those rich people killing Uber Atziri and getting even more rich by selling the service, knowing that we will NEVER have the chance to do it because the gear we use is simply not good enough...

That's not funny. I don't care if your Tabulas and your BoR's and your Aegis drop in value, I want to have a freaking chance of getting them myself by playing the game and not standing in town mindlessly spamming Trade Channel to sell my hardly leveled 20/20 gems to save a couple ex to buy an upgrade. That's moronic.

Wether you like it or not, this is going to happen, and the fact that you cry about it is hilarious, because that can be used to differentiate people that actually play the game for fun from people that play the game to trade.
Last edited by HeladosArtesanales on May 16, 2014, 1:24:25 PM
"
Chris wrote:
We're generally happy with the overall drop rate of Unique items...

And therein lies the crux of the problem with PoE, and why PoE is doomed to fail.
"
I think that people fail to understand that some of us DON'T CARE FOR ITEM VALUE.

That's not funny. I don't care if your Tabulas and your BoR's and your Aegis drop in value, I want to have a freaking chance of getting them myself by playing the game and not standing in town mindlessly spamming Trade Channel to sell my hardly leveled 20/20 gems to save a couple ex to buy an upgrade. That's moronic.

only use the tradechannels at the start of the leagues to get some quick upgrades
later on, use the poe.xyz.is webpage and make your own shop with procurement addon
(unofficial addon, use at own risk)
Last edited by IceslayerVixxun on May 16, 2014, 1:37:12 PM
I would define my play as 'hardcore casual'. I play every day but I do not play all day some days I do, but a lot of days only an hour or so. So when I play, I play hard, I just can't handle playing ONLY one game literally every waking moment.

As one of these type of players I have say this is a very welcomed change as I do not want to have to sacrifice my other activities just to get good gear on path of exile.

Good job GGG.

Next hit us with unique auras xD

"
"

only use the tradechannels at the start of the leagues to get some quick upgrades
later on, use the poe.xyz.is webpage and make your own shop with procurement addon
(unofficial addon, use at own risk)

poe.xyz isn't any better kids say they are online and are not online and a lot of times the item you want simply isnt on there.

No increased drop rate is correct answer some people want to play self found, like me. I have found Bringer of Rain and Tabula Rasa, in 10 months of playing this game. THAT'S IT. Those are the only two decent items I found myself and even at that they are not valued very well. I have NEVER had a 6 link chest on any of my characters. 1000+ fusings, still don't have one.

Some people just want to FIND THEIR GEAR. Its not a hard concept. I do not want to trade for even 1 minute, ever.
Last edited by husk_OptimusPrime on May 16, 2014, 1:50:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info