Rebalancing Internal Unique Item Rarities (Locked June 16)

"
shumped wrote:

You fail to explain why this is such a bad thing though.

All I see is that the uniques that drop have more variety in them and the chance that they might be of use to you is increased by a lot.

It's not like it's gonna be worse this way. The only thing that'll change is the cost of those items that drop more.

I did explain, with twice as many people getting said unique, the "OMG!" feeling of looting is diluted by its rarity.

Would you be more excited if a Rise of The Phoenix or an Alphas Howl dropped right now? An items rarity effects how we react when good things drop, that is why Kaoms Heart is so sought after, in my mind the item itself is shit, but it is so rare that people gotta have it!

Also, if I were to open a chest right now and a Mings Heart dropped "OMFG! WOOT YAY!!", after this change I could open up a chest have 2 drop, while it would be funny (more WTF?!), the OMG feeling would be less than now, even though the 1 now is worth exactly 2 later (assumable)
"We don't want to be too disruptive to the existing in-game trade value of uniques."

This is something that you should disrupt and have done so. In permanent leagues you have massively increased the value of uniques that go legacy mode while reducing the value of the "new versions" of the uniques.

To balance uniques, you'll need to disrupt the current value in permanent leagues. Furthermore, since you care about the economy so much (something that most of your playerbase doesn't like): by disrupting the value of an unique (no matter if it is through legacy or altered drop rate), you cause market players to speculate about decisions and furthermore hedge their bets to reduce risk. This means, that by disrupting the value of uniques, you cause people in the market to take more interesting decisions and form more interesting strategies, which is something you should love.

Finally, you should really consider reducing the overall unique drop rate but simultaneously making so that low level uniques cannot be dropped at too high areas. This will introduce yet another "endgame" activity besides Atziri, boss runs and mapping: farming specific areas for uniques that won't drop in lv70+ maps.

To fix the "item level" issue with sockets, you can create a rather expensive way to increase the item level of an unique to 50 (50 for 6 sockets).

This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
I just need to find Song of the Sirens to complete my build. I hope with this change I'll finally make it happen.
Great! Item hunting and theorycrafting will be more fun now :)
"
Myuri wrote:
hi. good news.

i play for more than 2 years now and have never found anything worth more than 2 exalts. :) i am very unlucky

Lol I've been playing since 2011 and I have found maybe three exalts in my entire career, and nothing worth more than a few chaos.

Talk about luck, I could not even get the closed beta pack because of the lack of payment methods at that time...

So yeah, I don't think it will change anything for me but it's good to know that the game is still heavily worked on. ^^
https://www.youtube.com/user/PeipeMasta
Lol at the mindless hypers, wait until you notice nothing changed at all for you. Same with unique strongboxes, all hyped but only 0.1% of players will ever see one. Come with some serious changes for casual players like me GGG, please.
''RNG is RNG'' Classic statement in this game. I'm glad you guys at GGG are upping the chances for the normal mortal player who has limited time to play. The thing I got most happy with was that ''Especially when doing boss runs'' <---- A step in a extremely good direction.

The thing that made D2 so longlived was the fact that you knew where to farm for a specific unique you wanted. Even if the chance of that unique to drop was abysmal, you still carried on on the knowledge that it Could drop.

A all unique world wide drop like PoE isn't going to cut it in the long run.

As always, great news and updates Chris. Keep it upp GGG.
"
ressiv wrote:
Lol at the mindless hypers, wait until you notice nothing changed at all for you. Same with unique strongboxes, all hyped but only 0.1% of players will ever see one. Come with some serious changes for casual players like me GGG, please.

rng is rng. You could be one of those 0.1% and when you are, you won't complain.
"
Worldbreaker wrote:
"
ephetat wrote:
"
Worldbreaker wrote:

As a player who likes to sell shit he finds, your tears will be most delicious when you sell the "bonus items" for 1/2 price because there are twice as many available. Tabula Rasas for 1 Exalted, Lioneye Glares 15 Chaos...
Yes, very depressing. We're still in the black, but the decreased profit margin will be difficult to explain to the shareholders.

"
Also, great that people are looking at that giant %20 increase in the sky. Instead of 29 Shavronnes Wrapping for sale at this point in ambush we would have 35, which is almost enough for everyone!
Thanks for pointing this out. This shit here will destablize the market, right here.

Seriously... no one will ever understand where I am coming from... So I will just copy it from my other post... I am not a fuckin trader/flipper I am a loot finder...
------------
I get what you are trying to say, I do, values will half and items will double putting us about where we are now. This isn't really true, especially for those that enjoy the "Christmas Day" feeling of items dropping.

You are a kid 16 years old, Christmas morning, you see 2 presents under the tree, Ipod and new Bike ($300), Thanks mom and dad! I like them alot! :)

Right Now...

You are a kid 16 years old, Christmas morning, 1 present under the tree, OMFG NEW XBOX I LOVE YOU MOM I LOVE YOU DAD, PRAISE JESUS FOR HAVING A BIRTHDAY, OMG! WOOOT SUCH FEELS! ($300)
---------------
I can't put it into words, that is the best way I can give an example of what I am worried about. I would rather find 1 BoR than 2, it makes the 1 more meaningful.

Most people here are not 16 year old kids anymore.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
sidtherat wrote:

second issue is 'leveling uniques' dropping in maps (bearable) but not dropping while leveling (unreasonable).

"
sidtherat wrote:

and do not touch Blood Dance. one of the best uniques (conceptually) should drop for as many players as possible. let them enjoy the properly designed item.

I sign these statements.

And also, change Voll's protector - while it occasionally sees some play, having a unique which by itself is of questionable value AND has a huge disability is just silly.
Last edited by Tank_The_Shredder_Evans on May 16, 2014, 10:57:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info