[2.1] "Cyclonus" Crit Bino Cyclone by fiqst

"
fiqst wrote:
"
wallen wrote:

Doesn't HoA provide better damage than HoI overall even without proliferation since it scales with physical damage or is there another reasoning behind this choice?

Yes it does but HoA isn't very good without ele prolif.

the prolif gem has a 140% mana multiplier, so to use

Hatred (50%) + HoT (25%) + HoA prolif (35%) = 110% mana reserved

Which meant you needed 10% mana reserved nodes from the tree, a 6 point investment into Charisma.

So by swapping out HoA to HoI, we save one gem slot and 6 points.

Also, HoI benefits from 'hitting' surrounding targets, so can be linked to coh-am

Thanks for your answer; yes, investing six points and giving up a gem slot for elemental proliferation isn't just worth it for what you get in exchange. I guess I'll do some test runs with HoA and HoI in HoA's place since at the moment I get around 15k more dps when running HoA while being fully buffed (HoT seems to be enough to guarantee a 100% curse uptime for now).
Last edited by wallen on Aug 6, 2015, 9:50:41 AM
"
fiqst wrote:
Some things to remember when facing the trio:

You can't generate frenzies if you don't kill mobs. So expect zero life regen from binos when facing them (until the adds emerge after killing one)

The rain of arrows ranger is the deadliest and should die first.

I usually like to have a panicked life flask and a high capacity life flask, a quicksilver to maintain a fast cyclone and walk speed.

Equip a ruby flask for the fight with the queen.

Whirling blades is best for movement

My method:

Follow the edge wall on the right to the top right corner, this puts you closest to the archer.

Quickly dispatch the archer and tank the double striker.

The cycloner leaves a trail of black nope so wait for him to cyclone in your direction and stay out of the way of the trail.

Straight after the cyclone, he'll walk to you and normal attack you, attack him at this time.

As soon as he cyclones, whirl away and repeat the above.

You can get away with pure face tank cycloning all 3 if you're lucky with with flasks.

Great tips!! i use to kill the cyclone and dual striker first i think there was the problem and i dont grab a quicksilver flask Thank you very much !!
Hey!
Im a FaceBreaker Cyclone build, the typical build, but with Tabula rasa, im in warbands and in Standart i have some chest for use, and a 960% FB legacy.

Im looking this build and its like the "next step" in my build to Cyclone, i wanted a tanky DPSer that can do alone high lvl maps, and maybe über atzïri.
Its good idea sell 960% FB and move to this build?
I think that i can sell it for 15-20 ex, and when Warbands ends, i will have some ex too,
Its good idea Soul taker? sure?? Its not better a DPS weapon with blood magic in cyclone?
and if i can buy soul taker, it will be normal version, not legacy :/// its not worth

With all these hp regen blood magic would not be a problem, and if i use a decent 1h weapon with bino's, i will have a lot of DPS, why i need abyssus then? maybe its better idea Devoto's Devotion, or a rare Helmet.
Ah, last question, Why flat phys dmg on Jewelery? we arent FB.
Thanks!

IGN:ZorryFlurry
Last edited by k3nz0ry on Aug 6, 2015, 1:38:42 PM
Hi, I'll try to answer some of those questions.

I can't make your decision of selling a legacy item. It's your choice my friend :)

The choice for soul taker/bino is the easy to replicate dps of using 2 uniques, also it's much easier to find unique weapons for sale.

But the real reason for my using the soul taker is for nostalgia of the old blender build. Classic dw soul taker cyclone, just with added crit.

There's other ways to build a dw cyclone, using blood magic. You can easily equip a GG rare for max dps (psyclonus).

The tree is versatile so you can equip any 1h.

Another option is to use a another dagger and take Adder's Touch, dropping the Snakebite gloves for Mali's.

You always have the option to diversify your build, something you can't do with FB.

Using Abyssus isn't exactly tanky, agreed. The next best choice is Rat's Nest for crit builds.

Every physical build benefits from flat phys. A ring with a master crafted flat phys can easily give a few thousand dps.
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Last edited by fiqst on Aug 6, 2015, 6:29:22 PM
Hi!

I've been playing your build during the Warbands League so far, but I keep wondering what made you change to Dodge/Evasion instead of armour? (you might have said it, but sorry I've not read every post)

since I've thought a little about spec'ing out of Dodge to gain armor instead, since the random oneshots in 75+ maps is getting annoying, but before I did that, I wanted to know your reasoning in the first place :)

Edit info on my char:

lvl 88
4.7k hp
52k hideout dps
only 5L
Last edited by TheLoneliness on Aug 7, 2015, 7:52:30 AM
"
TheLoneliness wrote:
Hi!

I've been playing your build during the Warbands League so far, but I keep wondering what made you change to Dodge/Evasion instead of armour? (you might have said it, but sorry I've not read every post)

since I've thought a little about spec'ing out of Dodge to gain armor instead, since the random oneshots in 75+ maps is getting annoying, but before I did that, I wanted to know your reasoning in the first place :)

Edit info on my char:

lvl 88
4.7k hp
52k hideout dps
only 5L

Originally, i specced into IR because i read that the game ramped up in physical damage in high level maps, with reports of 5k rhoa charges, etc.

But i realised, after a while, that to do that you have to invest quite a bit into armour, including armour nodes and grace and/or determination, and the target armour rating should be around 20k.

Well, my 4800 armour wasn't cutting it, so i reverted back to my 1.3 setup of Acro+Phase, which works fine for me right now.

If you would like to test IR and do a comparison, i'd love to find out.

BTW - i added a new video:

77 Volcano
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Last edited by fiqst on Aug 7, 2015, 8:19:16 AM
alright, I hit 89 and respec'd into Armor/IR

I'll give some info when I've done a few more higher level maps.

changed skilltree to this; https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQAAAYB3AUtBbUNjRHVFCAV7BX2Fr8aPiFgI_Yk_SaVKCopLimlKgswfDGeNZI2PUMxRJ5Hfkp9SshM_02STeNOKlBHUUdTu1VLV5daGluvXz9gQWHiYnljcGVNbWxuqm87cFJ07XTxdqx343gNeWh8uITZhVKHdotPjAuMNo19jb-QCpJ9l3mYb5krm2qjiqZXpn-pbq2NsbO1SLXyuR25fL02vYG-p7_VwBrBBMMzypDPfti92WHawdwj45_kUeXP51TndOjW6hjrFOyw7UHuDu8O8-r3MvzF_o__3g==?accountName=TheLoneliness&characterName=ChopperDude
I feel like I'm in a weird place right now. I have the build, it's been working fine, my Cyclone just got 20%q and now I'm leveling it again and the rest of my gems should follow right behind soon.

But still, I'm feeling like I'm way too squishy, which is no doubt from the lack of Endurance charges.

I have a 6L Daresso, but I'm not sure if it's worth swapping in over the Queen. I lose a ton of Evasion, and without that I don't have much of anything.

I don't think I have the free ring/neck slots to go Romira/Voll for End Charge cycling, so I'm not really sure where to go now. I tried mixing in a manual-cast Enduring Cry, but having to dive into a pack of monsters and spend time casting it when I should be moving through them just got me slapped around too much. Currently I'm testing a Molten Shell out in my helmet slot. Basically, I have that entire 4L free to just do whatever, but I can't find a use for it.

EDIT: I tried to link my gear, but it just keeps changing all the links to my amulet, so no gear links I guess.

Also, I just noticed you're tossing HoA. That makes me nervous, only because HoA is a big part of the clearing, at least for me, and I have never seen HoI do remotely as much. I'll experiment with it, but that seems like a big change, I just hope HoI helps keep clear speed high.
Last edited by Askren25 on Aug 7, 2015, 1:17:18 PM
I've managed Precinct and Necropolis so far, never tried Precinct with this char before, so nothing to compare it with there, though Necropolis went without problems as before.

I got a Poorjoys through Zana, but couldn't do it at all, though I do believe I wouldn't have been able to either with Acro.
2 Quick questions:

1- Since atziri have elemental resistance is better change Physical to lightning for increase area of effect?

2- Atiziri reflect curses, so is better unequip AM when fight with her?

Thanks in advance

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info