[2.1] "Cyclonus" Crit Bino Cyclone by fiqst

"
One_Dog wrote:
I am currently running this in warbands and I am still having a big survivability issue I get one shot a lot I only have 3.9k HP

skill tree Passive skill tree build

Current gear
Spoiler

From my experience with this build on Warband, you should aim to have at least 4500hp when doing 72-73 maps. Try to replace the items (ring+belt) where you have no life and get even more life on that other ring/amulet. Bino's regeneration is quite good and you can really feel the difference it makes once you manage to equip one (along snakebite gloves); you can also try to drop IR and get acrobatics.
"
wallen wrote:
"
One_Dog wrote:
I am currently running this in warbands and I am still having a big survivability issue I get one shot a lot I only have 3.9k HP

skill tree Passive skill tree build

Current gear
Spoiler

From my experience with this build on Warband, you should aim to have at least 4500hp when doing 72-73 maps. Try to replace the items (ring+belt) where you have no life and get even more life on that other ring/amulet. Bino's regeneration is quite good and you can really feel the difference it makes once you manage to equip one (along snakebite gloves); you can also try to drop IR and get acrobatics.

You're problem is you don't run bino's/snakebite combo. You're not getting a constant 2-6k life per second regen, and you lose a lot of bonus dps from poison. You're missing two required items for this build to work the way OP has it, so yeah thats a big reason. In the case of one shots, make sure you have your fortify buff up, and that you have your granite/ele flask up at all times, and toss in a taste of hate if you can afford it for massive survival boost.
I did some magic find last night with the build feeling that the speed of whirling blades is in a good place right now. Not amazing stats but iir about 250 and iiq 40. Can get to voll in 30 seconds in dried lake.
I dont have the mana reserved nodes but if u do i think u could swap out hot for purity of elements and take of ele prolif and aoe of hoa. That would allow me to be capped and use goldwyrm boots for an extra 30iiq.
Gear used.
Spoiler
Last edited by Fhark on Aug 5, 2015, 4:10:38 PM
Yeah my biggest issue is the bino's I'm missing once I get it Ill post about it again
Leveling tree coming soon?
Made a few changes.

- I was too set on making HoA prolif work, and it doesn't. So its dropped.

This opens up using 50+25+25 mana reserved without enlighten and Charisma, giving us more slots and 6 points.

- HoI is added to the HoT auto-curse

- Changed the tree:

Current 114 point tree

- Altered the gem set ups

Blood Rage and Ice Golem are now together and are connected to blood magic.

"
Chydenia wrote:
Leveling tree coming soon?

So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Guys i need some help i have some issues dealing with the trio in atziri (i kill atziri only once and this is my first time running atziri btw) i dont know the entire battle mechanics and im dying like shit in the trio there's an order to kill all? must harrass all trio and then kill the three at same time? there's a guide to atziri?.

Also i leave here my gear and tree maybe can help:

Gear:
Spoiler

Tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQAAAYB3AUtBbUIsQ2NEdUUIBXsFfYWvyP2JP0mlSgqKgswcTB8MZ41kjY9OkI__EMxR35KfUt4TP9Nkk3jTipQR1FHVUtXl1uvXz9gQWHiYnlirGNwZU1sjG1sbbRvO3BSdO12rHfjeA15aITZhVKHdotPjAuMNo19jb-QCpJ9l3mYb5krm2qdqqOKplemf6lurY2xs7VItfK5Hbl8vTa9gb6nwBrBBMqQz37UI9i92WHawdwj3ajjn-RR5c_nVOd06Gbo1uoY6xTssO1B7g7vDvPq9zL8xf6P_94=?accountName=Pitopito&characterName=Cyclanus
Some things to remember when facing the trio:

You can't generate frenzies if you don't kill mobs. So expect zero life regen from binos when facing them (until the adds emerge after killing one)

The rain of arrows ranger is the deadliest and should die first.

I usually like to have a panicked life flask and a high capacity life flask, a quicksilver to maintain a fast cyclone and walk speed.

Equip a ruby flask for the fight with the queen.

Whirling blades is best for movement

My method:

Follow the edge wall on the right to the top right corner, this puts you closest to the archer.

Quickly dispatch the archer and tank the double striker.

The cycloner leaves a trail of black nope so wait for him to cyclone in your direction and stay out of the way of the trail.

Straight after the cyclone, he'll walk to you and normal attack you, attack him at this time.

As soon as he cyclones, whirl away and repeat the above.

You can get away with pure face tank cycloning all 3 if you're lucky with with flasks.
"
fiqst wrote:
Made a few changes.

- I was too set on making HoA prolif work, and it doesn't. So its dropped.

This opens up using 50+25+25 mana reserved without enlighten and Charisma, giving us more slots and 6 points.

- HoI is added to the HoT auto-curse

Doesn't HoA provide better damage than HoI overall even without proliferation since it scales with physical damage or is there another reasoning behind this choice?
Last edited by wallen on Aug 6, 2015, 7:40:30 AM
"
wallen wrote:

Doesn't HoA provide better damage than HoI overall even without proliferation since it scales with physical damage or is there another reasoning behind this choice?

Yes it does but HoA isn't very good without ele prolif.

the prolif gem has a 140% mana multiplier, so to use

Hatred (50%) + HoT (25%) + HoA prolif (35%) = 110% mana reserved

Which meant you needed 10% mana reserved nodes from the tree, a 6 point investment into Charisma.

So by swapping out HoA to HoI, we save one gem slot and 6 points.

Also, HoI benefits from 'hitting' surrounding targets, so can be linked to coh-am
Last edited by fiqst on Aug 6, 2015, 9:08:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info