[2.1] "Cyclonus" Crit Bino Cyclone by fiqst

Okay, thanks. I may switch to this eventually after I finish playing with my current build. It will be a complete change from what I currently have - dead opposite in fact. Mine's very defense orientated, with 20k armour, max block, 60% spell block, Warlord's Mark and a legacy AA feeding off all that armour - just about nothing kills it face-tanking except Merciless Malachai or my carelessness! Downside of course is dps - only 40k.

Appreciate the prompt reply.
I'm using Lightning Coil with this, using Endurance Charge on Melee Stun in six link. DPS of course suffers a bit, but this is a defensive option. I had this also with the Vulcan's Exemplar before 2.0.

I also took the Acrobatics things instead of IR, as LC does the physical mitigation. Seems to work ok, but no experience on high level content yet really.

Gearing was a bit difficult in 1.3, I only just managed to get resistances including chaos to be ok, but was lacking with damage and accuracy. This is a bit easier now.
"
fiqst wrote:

@enjoto

good luck with the build :)

You might want to throw a divine at the soul taker since it may the be the lowest rolled ST i've ever seen.

Right after reading this I went and cleared one map, got a divine drop right at the end. I think the game is trying to make me do the build faster. 123% Phys roll this time around it's still not the best but will do for now I've got some other divines but I won't use them at least not now.
"
fiqst wrote:

@XSyntheticX

I'm not sure what your playstyle is but in 2.0 bosses are even more dangerous. You leech much less so you'd have to rely on flasks more. You can't facetank everything like you used to.

Keep an eye on your number of frenzy charges, the Bino regen only works if you are at full. If you find yourself without charges, its best to play carefully and perhaps wait for adds to appear and gain more charges.

I've been considering adding frenzy strike to the build somehow. When you reach a boss, quickly attack with frenzy to get max charges then switch to cyclone.

The regen is the key to the entire defense of this build. At full charges, you can facetank bosses quite easily.

Hmm, I dont think its my playstyle, and I completely understand how the build should work etc. I've been playing other cyclone builds for months and have never had this kind of issue, I play very defensively, not really trying to facetank anything like you described, would you mind linking me all of the flasks you use, and in what situation you use them in? Just want to make sure I'm not doing anything majorly wrong in that area.
People of the gutters, steel your bellies, for the slaughter is at hand!

Hi, i like your build, ive been tryinng it out in warbands, 82 lvl atm, but i went acrobatics for now, seem to be working on 74 maps.
Is theis normal atziri viable?
Also, when i get better tri res belt and 1 rng change il try atziris steps for even more spell dmg dodge.
So I just got to lvl 65 and equipped Bino's and got a lucky 5 link on Daresso's Defiance. The build seems pretty nice at this point. I'm still lacking gear so my res aren't capped without 3/3 endurance charges and my life is only 2,5k since I went for damage on the tree but I'm going towards the scion life now. Looks like I can survive pretty much anything that's not a one shot thanks to the regen I get from Bino's.

For the leveling I went with Relentless Fury plus a decent damage roll rare weapon in offhand using Molten Strike (in a tabula with some random supports to increase phys or projectile damage) until about level 40-45 where I switched to cyclone even through it was less tooltip dps it felt like I was clearing faster. There were some small mana problems but having a mana leech linked to cyclone pretty much did the job I had one mana flask just in case. Once I reached 59 and put Soul Taker it started getting a lot easier but I had to spam 4 life flasks all the time just to stay alive with 2k life.
I have a couple of questions on this build; I am at the moment level 80, got 4.6k HP, 4k armor (which seems to be kind of low) and all the required uniques (5l daresso+snakebite+soul taker+abyssus) but Bino's. I kind of seem to struggle against certain mods in 74+ maps where two-shots do happen, so I was wondering what should be the amount of hp/armor I should aim to (even if I realize that having bino's would help a lot thanks to the regen).
Are there any nodes that could be taken to improve survivability at the expense of maybe some damage, which I seem to have enough of?
What would this build look like if I decided to go full physical damage? In that case I would swap phys2light out of the 5L but then I couldn't apply assassin's mark since HoT wouldn't proc without any kind of lightning damage.

Spoiler
Last edited by wallen on Jul 26, 2015, 8:14:06 AM
Hi nice build fiqst i updated mine for ranger heres my skill tree

My gear expensive shit
Spoiler

Im enjoying using hoa (15% extra cold with 20q) more then hot and have powercharges nearly always up. TTdps is 138440 with charges inc area of affect, 218339 with conc effect. Life is lowish at 4300 odd(lvl85) hoping to get it up a bit by level 90. I prefer running the build with some evasion some armour so i specced out of iron reflexes haven't died since in maps up to 76 or so (am skipping some bosses).
Gem slots arent quite ideal need more chromes so i can use enduring cry if i need it. May also switch to chaos golem since extra dmg isnt necessary.
Quick update after getting one shot by a big skelli in a l74 map i switched to rats nest about 84000 ttdps with inc aoe 139000 with conc effect.
Last edited by Fhark on Jul 26, 2015, 5:14:59 AM
"
Fhark wrote:
Hi nice build fiqst i updated mine for ranger heres my skill tree

My gear expensive shit
Spoiler

Im enjoying using hoa (15% extra cold with 20q) more then hot and have powercharges nearly always up. TTdps is 138440 with charges inc area of affect, 218339 with conc effect. Life is lowish at 4300 odd(lvl85) hoping to get it up a bit by level 90. I prefer running the build with some evasion some armour so i specced out of iron reflexes haven't died since in maps up to 76 or so (am skipping some bosses).
Gem slots arent quite ideal need more chromes so i can use enduring cry if i need it. May also switch to chaos golem since extra dmg isnt necessary.
Quick update after getting one shot by a big skelli in a l74 map i switched to rats nest about 84000 ttdps with inc aoe 139000 with conc effect.

this is great! very nice end game variation. I've added this build to the OP. Let me know if you make any changes.

For those who want to know more about Fhark's build, its a dual dagger build that takes the specific dagger only nodes, these nodes scale the crit levels to max very easily.

Also, he's taken the Adder's Touch cluster. This allows him to poison on crit which activates the Bino regen without the need for Snakebites and Frenzy charges.

This opens up the glove slot for Acuity, which provides insta-leeching high crit damage on top of the regen.

Fhark, have you tried to run cyclone without blood magic, relying on acuity to supply mana?
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Really cool build and nice ammy ;)
IGN: KiPad

Mirror Services (/view-thread/778747): #1 Crit Rings for *ALL* builds (Low-life, CI, and Life), #1 1H Axe, #1 Ar Boots, #1 Life Rustic

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info