[2.1] "Cyclonus" Crit Bino Cyclone by fiqst

Maybe link herald of ash to inc burn + inc aoe if enlighten gems are enough for that.
Ugh effort
I've actually been considering a physical variant like Cyclone - Faster attacks - Concentrated effect - melee physical damage - Added fire damage(I only have a 5L), because I was barely noticing phys reflect, but ele reflect mobs were killing me. I'll need to replace Herald of Thunder with Herald of Ice as a Curse on Hit mechanic. It admittely wouldn't be as good as Thunder's curse, but I think I might try it out.

I think it'll help benefit more from physical leech, found on Daresso's Defiance and Blood drinker(passive tree). And I'll use Taste of Hate to overcome the increased physical reflection I'll be taking.

What do you think? I'm new to PoE, so I'd appreciate it if you could point out something I could have overlooked.

Thank you a lot for your guide, my first melee character turned out amazing thanks to you.
Last edited by Swaggerz on Jul 19, 2015, 1:14:29 PM
can you give some helpful leveling unique? currently leveling with a tabula and unsure what weapon(s) would be helpful
Alrighty, so I sold a bunch of gear to try out this build on my lvl 86 shadow, and I'm not sure whats going on, but I can't do ANY boss fight without being instantaneously one shotted, i'm at a loss, not sure whats going on there, I'm doing everything like i'm supposed to, making sure to leap for fortify, pop taste of hate, and even rumi's, nothing seems to help. I know my health is a bit low (only 4.5k, should be over 5k once I get a few levels in) Any Advice?

Gear:

Passive Tree:
People of the gutters, steel your bellies, for the slaughter is at hand!

So I happened to get lucky in Warbands league and dropped most of the needed items for the build
Spoiler

I've always wanted to try a cyclone build but didn't because of desync. Now that that's gone I want to make one but I have no idea what to use while leveling since I've never played with melee before. What skill is good to use while leveling a duelist? Every time I've tried a melee until now I would drop it around level 30-40 when I would normally hit a wall in leveling
Molten Strike usually lasts until you get Cyclone. Some people prefer ground slam or reave or probably even ice crash now. From there it's pretty much building the supports noted in the guide.
IGN: Frazetta
@Swaggerz

In the past, going full physical in a 100k build meant death against a reflect group, you didn't have the time to react to the damger and pop the flask.

I went with Phys2Light to deal with it, i could actually take a few hits before needing to flask.

In 2.0, reflect feels less dangerous than before. The reflect aura only affects a single mob, whereas before you'd be dealing reflected damage to multiple targets at once. Also, they've lessened the damage.

It might be worthwhile to go full physical now, i'll need to test it. More leech and taking advantage of the low armour of all mobs is good.

@criyonix

Some good levelling uniques are Mightflay dagger and Brightbeak hammer, the build uses zero specific weapon nodes so any 1h weapon is available to us. These 2 uniques will be great until level 50 or so.

@XSyntheticX

I'm not sure what your playstyle is but in 2.0 bosses are even more dangerous. You leech much less so you'd have to rely on flasks more. You can't facetank everything like you used to.

Keep an eye on your number of frenzy charges, the Bino regen only works if you are at full. If you find yourself without charges, its best to play carefully and perhaps wait for adds to appear and gain more charges.

I've been considering adding frenzy strike to the build somehow. When you reach a boss, quickly attack with frenzy to get max charges then switch to cyclone.

The regen is the key to the entire defense of this build. At full charges, you can facetank bosses quite easily.

@enjoto

good luck with the build :)

You might want to throw a divine at the soul taker since it may the be the lowest rolled ST i've ever seen.

When i level a new character, i always use static strike. It has powerful single target damage, the secondary zap has a wide AoE so there's no need for melee splash and the "double hits" are great at taking down bosses.

Molten strike is also good, but the magma balls fall too randomly especially against bosses
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Last edited by fiqst on Jul 20, 2015, 7:47:48 PM
"
fiqst wrote:

@XSyntheticX

I've been considering adding frenzy strike to the build somehow. When you reach a boss, quickly attack with frenzy to get max charges then switch to cyclone.

The regen is the key to the entire defense of this build. At full charges, you can facetank bosses quite easily.

But that's not quite true, is it?

The regen only procs after you kill a poisoned enemy (right?) - so if there are plenty of adds around, and you wipe them out while poisoned that works, but if the boss is alone, the regen doesn't really exist

I've been running frenzy with power charge on critical to generate both charges, and enduring cry mostly for the healing it gives. I've also contemplated using the blood dance - but it seems like that would be more of a niche use, since bino's is so good at healing you in every other circumstance, and it would stress the burden of resistance requirements even more on the remaining parts of gear

Anyway, my 2 cents
okay, a question or two. A friend suggested this build as an alternative to a very tanky lvl 93 build I'm running at the moment. I have the currency to buy all the necessary gear, but I'm a little confused where you state in the preamble that the build is near immortal. II keep reading comments about how much trouble bosses give the build and how much it relies on flasks to get through - or am I reading it wrong? How have people found it going up against Merciless Malachai?

Also, would a good legacy LC not function well with this build?
Immortal in the sense that at full frenzy charges, the Bino regen is around 10k life/second, which would mean that it can take pretty much all incoming damage short of one-shot hits.

The mechanic requires a constant upkeep of frenzy charges and a constant offensive.

Most bosses have adds around to maintain frenzies and produce regen, but some lone bosses, like malachai and atziri, requires knowledge and practise, movement and flask management, the same as any other melee build.

The damage is high enough to perma-freeze all enemies, including bosses without the the anti-freeze mod, adding to the "immortal" nature of the build.

This build used to run with a lightning coil. But i found the resists hard to fill because of the number of uniques this build uses.

Before 2.0, 3 endurance charges meant a 5 second immortal call, and the daresso with its EC on tap, was perfect to take advantage of this.

Right now, with jewels, it's easier to cap resists, and IC being nerfed, maybe it's time for LC to come back.

EDIT: i thought i was replying in the neptune thread. All my points still stand but I'll make some amendments:

- bino life regen in this build averages 5k

- i don't perma-freeze bosses but there is micro freezing, enough to delay attacks

So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Last edited by fiqst on Jul 20, 2015, 9:23:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info