[2.0] THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: DO ALL MAPS, UBER ATZIRI, AND EXPLOSIONS!

"
VixTrader wrote:
I see... So the other question. Can Righteous Fire be sustained well without the lvl 21 purity of fire and empower gems that seem to cost so much, and without vertex because that adds another 7 or 8 EX I don't have...

Is that last 1% going to mean it degenerates instead of stays stable?

You need lvl 23 purity anyway...
If you dont have empower lvl 3 and purity 21... You'll need a item with +1 level gems (or aura gems) + Empower level 2 + Purity lvl 20. Vertex is a great item because your ES, great cost-benefit. If you cant handle the cost (7~8 ex), you can try get another corrupted item with +1 level gems.
Crazy buld must say! Awesome clear speed, awesome everything!

Decided to lvl my 64lvl witch for this instead of respecking my lvl94 rf mara. Had to only redo one bandit and witch had tree reset. Now lvl86 and clearing maps easy! Cant wait to test Atziri with this, how it does compared to rf mara. Afraid of fps drops at there though.

Gear

Waiting more lvls for es, then i change to use Pheonix and rf.
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrChalyps
"
VixTrader wrote:
Looking at Righteous Fire, it has 59% + 15% spell damage. With aura buffs let's say it's 100%. Can't you get about 2/3's of that at least from a good ES shield?

Would Righteous Fire + Rise of the Phoenix really be that much better than just a high ES shield with good spell damage?

It seems you could also save a few points on the tree, maybe boosting damage with those extra points to further close the gap.

I guess what I'm getting at, is Righteous Fire really going to make or break the damage?

Also, can Righteous Fire be sustained without the lvl 21 Purity of Fire and Empower gems? I'll have a hard enough time getting the Shav's ring, but if I also have to get lvl 21 purity and lvl 3 empower, forget it...

You can get the same / slightly more damage compared to RF by investing in a spell damage shield and modifying the passive tree to get extra spell/lightning damage. Check out my variant on page 53 if you want to look into that.

That would save you from needing the above expenses (shav's ring/empower/21 purity of fire).
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Maybe it´s a noob´s question but...why did you put a LVL 1 Ligh.strike gem? why not a 20/20 Light. Strike?, problems with mana?

(\ /)
( . .)♥
c(”)(”)
"
redix27 wrote:
Maybe it´s a noob´s question but...why did you put a LVL 1 Ligh.strike gem? why not a 20/20 Light. Strike?, problems with mana?

Level 9 quality 0 lightning strike is ideal for this build, because mana cost goes up above level 9 (and the DPS from lightning strike itself is negligible). According to OP you also get more DPS without quality on lightning strike, but I've never tested with quality to confirm.
"
You can get the same / slightly more damage compared to RF by investing in a spell damage shield and modifying the passive tree to get extra spell/lightning damage. Check out my variant on page 53 if you want to look into that.

That would save you from needing the above expenses (shav's ring/empower/21 purity of fire).

Interesting build, but I was more thinking along the lines of using a similar tree to the OP, and instead of all the nodes where he spends on boosting regen and fire resists, I'd just spend those on lightning damage.

A shield with high spell damage + some extra skills in light damage should bring it reasonably close I think.

But I'm actually still going to try the same tree, and just not have that last 1% fire res. I find it hard to believe it makes or breaks it. With lvl 23 purity it's all good. Without, broken? I doubt it, but we'll see :)
"
VixTrader wrote:
"

Interesting build, but I was more thinking along the lines of using a similar tree to the OP, and instead of all the nodes where he spends on boosting regen and fire resists, I'd just spend those on lightning damage.

A shield with high spell damage + some extra skills in light damage should bring it reasonably close I think.

But I'm actually still going to try the same tree, and just not have that last 1% fire res. I find it hard to believe it makes or breaks it. With lvl 23 purity it's all good. Without, broken? I doubt it, but we'll see :)

92% fire res won't work for sustaining RF+BR... you take ~14% more fire damage than at 93%. You need 93%, and the only way to get it is the last 1% fire res from the tree. If you want to use RF+BR, you pretty much have to use the tree in the OP, and if you don't want to use that (due to the specific gear requirements needed to sustain it) but want equivalent damage, my tree is the next best thing. You pretty much have to trade in all the life regen nodes for spell/lightning damage ones.
Last edited by tackle70 on Sep 30, 2014, 4:35:35 PM
So no one will answer my request for a skill tree, so I will just ask. Is a life based version of this build dead since the patch? I would really like to respec my scion
"
Phoenix320 wrote:
So no one will answer my request for a skill tree, so I will just ask. Is a life based version of this build dead since the patch? I would really like to respec my scion

Disclaimer: Everything following this line is 100% untested beyond looking at poebuilder and might be total and complete shiite. Try/modify at your own risk.

Link

That's a very rough starting point for theory crafting a life based variant of my build (page 53). I think you will have more likelihood of getting a life based version of the build to work if you pick up damage from the tree and don't worry about trying to run Righteous Fire.
Last edited by tackle70 on Sep 30, 2014, 10:13:06 PM
So on your skill tree, there are 12 nodes specifically for making RF sustainable. I've kept shaper just because its a single point away and can't hurt to have it for covering Blood Rage.

7 points into the lightning damage wheel (could eventually do all 11 for more damage and shock)

- 71% lightning damage
- 2% lightning resist penetration

5 points into the spell damage nodes right off the witch start

- 62% Spell Damage

ES Shield with spell damage, maybe Rathpith Globe

- Likely around 60% spell damage

That seems like a lot of easy damage, and might actually get pretty close to the one using Righteous Fire. It sure as hell will be a lot cheaper.

Shav's ring + lvl 21 purity + empower will likely cost 35+ EX on standard.

For a broke guy like me, I'm going to ignore Righteous Fire and take the extra 193% Damage from skill nodes and shield.

Last edited by VixTrader on Oct 1, 2014, 6:06:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info