[2.0] THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: DO ALL MAPS, UBER ATZIRI, AND EXPLOSIONS!

Thanks for this build. Thanks also to goat4dinner for posting a non-snapshotting version of the build with both gear & tree.

Spent the last 6 months doing more or less nothing but solo farming Dominus and this build (low-life version) is the reward after acquiring the ~300 exalts needed to buy all the gear and gems.

Now I just hope it doesn't get nerfed through the floor when 1.2 drops... but GGG does tend to nerf anything good unless it relies 100% on mirrored items (e.g. low life spectral throw).
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Hi,

I'm am newbie currently level-ling a scion for this build (life budget version). I'm just wondering why are the armor nodes taken in maruder tree area instead of the life nodes (heart of the warrior) since we are not playing IR? thanks :)

"
Krayken wrote:
"
SurfingJesus wrote:

hm...
I'm playing the Life based version myself right now .. lets see if i can clear something up.

1) Yes more arc, but it's close to 90% Spelldmg you're losing, making your discharge alot weaker.

2) im useing a 5l atm, tried LMP, GMP .. and i can't sustain the mana costs (you only have around 200 unreserved mana)

4) im running life gain on hit + MS when im in maps where im not "allowed" to discharge (double arc + iron will) .. you dont leech enough with only Arc. so i can at least tell you that you heal alot with it but you're far away from dealing good dmg.

About the mana issue, im planning on trying some eldritch battery/mom (using cloak of defiance) so mana shouldnt be a problem (Gonna try this when new patch hits). I also have a nice mom ring with mana leech that im planning on using with romira's. Also, i will possibly have about 100% total increased arc/discharge damage from the tree (from aoe noes, spell nodes and elemental nodes) so losing Iron will wouldn't hurt my dps as much as it seem (going from 190% to 100% increased damage). Almost doubling the amount of charges gained via romira's (and therefore voll's) would probably offset that loss of dps and probably increase it.

But i have some questions for you though :

1. Do you run 2 or 3 auras?
2. What auras do you run?
3. How do you replenish mana? Some mana leech (theres 2% on romira's) or mostly via mana regen?

1. i run 4
2. PoF, PoL, Vitality, Clarity (+RF if you wanna count it..)
3. Dram Fragments + 20% regen node @ scion start + Clarity
in 1.2 ill try out how the crafting of leech works on gear.. if you can select the kind of leech as some are talking right now, you could roll Lightning leech on items. Also Romira's has 2% PHYS leech and with a lvl 1 Molten Strike you wont be dishing out that much dps ^^ (life + mana)
wich would be mad OP.

edit: Just whisper me ingame im usually on the whole day, might just take a while till i reply.
Last edited by SurfingJesus on Aug 8, 2014, 9:50:24 AM
Quick question... why not take +max power charge nodes in the passive tree? Wouldn't that be a massive DPS boost with discharge?

:edit: nvm figured it out... 50% chance to hit means poor odds of benefitting from 4+ charges
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Aug 8, 2014, 4:57:00 PM
"
Shurikenger wrote:
Hi,

I'm am newbie currently level-ling a scion for this build (life budget version). I'm just wondering why are the armor nodes taken in maruder tree area instead of the life nodes (heart of the warrior) since we are not playing IR? thanks :)

Good point, I must have been with ES in my head when making the skill tree. Life would probably make more sense there.
IGN: Pirteloli
"
Tom94 wrote:
"
Shurikenger wrote:
Hi,

Good point, I must have been with ES in my head when making the skill tree. Life would probably make more sense there.

It's kinda the same for the 3x 6/6 life/armor cluster in the mara area (right of blodless), wouldn't be the 3 nodes above elemental equilibrium be more useful with 6%life 8% mana? It's not easy to keep the mana up in the life based version...
"
SurfingJesus wrote:
"
Krayken wrote:
"
SurfingJesus wrote:

hm...
I'm playing the Life based version myself right now .. lets see if i can clear something up.

1) Yes more arc, but it's close to 90% Spelldmg you're losing, making your discharge alot weaker.

2) im useing a 5l atm, tried LMP, GMP .. and i can't sustain the mana costs (you only have around 200 unreserved mana)

4) im running life gain on hit + MS when im in maps where im not "allowed" to discharge (double arc + iron will) .. you dont leech enough with only Arc. so i can at least tell you that you heal alot with it but you're far away from dealing good dmg.

About the mana issue, im planning on trying some eldritch battery/mom (using cloak of defiance) so mana shouldnt be a problem (Gonna try this when new patch hits). I also have a nice mom ring with mana leech that im planning on using with romira's. Also, i will possibly have about 100% total increased arc/discharge damage from the tree (from aoe noes, spell nodes and elemental nodes) so losing Iron will wouldn't hurt my dps as much as it seem (going from 190% to 100% increased damage). Almost doubling the amount of charges gained via romira's (and therefore voll's) would probably offset that loss of dps and probably increase it.

But i have some questions for you though :

1. Do you run 2 or 3 auras?
2. What auras do you run?
3. How do you replenish mana? Some mana leech (theres 2% on romira's) or mostly via mana regen?

1. i run 4
2. PoF, PoL, Vitality, Clarity (+RF if you wanna count it..)
3. Dram Fragments + 20% regen node @ scion start + Clarity
in 1.2 ill try out how the crafting of leech works on gear.. if you can select the kind of leech as some are talking right now, you could roll Lightning leech on items. Also Romira's has 2% PHYS leech and with a lvl 1 Molten Strike you wont be dishing out that much dps ^^ (life + mana)
wich would be mad OP.

edit: Just whisper me ingame im usually on the whole day, might just take a while till i reply.

Ohhh i didn't think about using a lvl 1 molten strike but thats a pretty good idea. I guess ill have to do some testing. Lvl 1 is 7 mana per use, lvl 20 is 10 mana. But i guess that with all the support multipliers it can make quite a difference.
Or crown of eyes will be good in this build??
"
Jezzi wrote:
Or crown of eyes will be good in this build??

No.
Especially now :D

What do you guys about the possibility of Mjolner getting nerfed like COE ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info