[2.0] THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: DO ALL MAPS, UBER ATZIRI, AND EXPLOSIONS!

"
VixTrader wrote:
Maybe a dumb question, but why do you say you might need solaris or shavs armor if you play the low life version? The CI node already does that. What am I missing?

CI node automatically disqualifies you form being at low life status. You're either at full life (1 hp) or dead. (0 hp)
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an
"
CI node automatically disqualifies you form being at low life status. You're either at full life (1 hp) or dead. (0 hp)

Huh? So when he says "Low Life" build, he means more than 1 life? I just assumed he meant a CI build. So his build actually doesn't have CI? Yes in that case I can see why Shavs would be good for that.
"
VixTrader wrote:
"

Huh? So when he says "Low Life" build, he means more than 1 life? I just assumed he meant a CI build. So his build actually doesn't have CI? Yes in that case I can see why Shavs would be good for that.

Yes, low life is the style of play where you reserve nearly all of your hp to cast additional auras. (as well as what you can put on mana) (edit: and BLOOD RAGE attack speed bonus)

You use Shavronne's Wrappings to protect yourself from being ohkoed by chaos damage.

With CI you can't gain any benefit from being at 1 life other than being immune to chaos dmg and having access to some good es nodes gated behind it. (and say, dmg on full life gem in CI flicker builds, etc)
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an
Last edited by JakeAlmighty on Jul 30, 2014, 3:14:09 AM
This is to alleviate some of the prior questions.

im using a lowlife NON-snapshotting version of the build.

My Current Gear

First post is non snapshotting gear setup with skill gems
Second post is snapshotting gear with gem setup for normal snapshotting setup
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/965721

IT IS atziri capable. i have done over 100 atziri kills. We are two people streaming the build while doing atziri on a daily basis on this adress

www.twitch.tv/songwhistle.

Ingame char names is written on the top left of the stream if online. Streamers are: myself "throwinglikeagirl" the dizzy dane and "hizbas" the amazing aussie.

If you have questions about the build versions or is curious about how to handle a specific boss or alike then tune in and ask.
Last edited by goat4dinner on Jul 30, 2014, 7:45:33 AM
You can leave Righteous Fire on your weapon swap, since it won't turn off even if you weapon swap since the devs said it's meant to not go away easily, unlike Blood Rage.

It will just update its stats so no more 200% damage bonus from low life and +HP of Redbeak.
IGN:
Jiaozy - Jiaozy[something]
Hi guys anyone has thoughts on the new patch?
Guess the skilltree should be fine as far as i can see. Inner force and static blows is at a little different place but pain attunement and most of the other node stay in their old place.
The non snapshot version of this build drops haste bc of the need of a bloodmagic gem correct?
on the hunt
Last edited by schraegstrich on Jul 31, 2014, 5:49:30 AM
"
schraegstrich wrote:
Hi guys anyone has thoughts on the new patch?
Guess the skilltree should be fine as far as i can see. Inner force and static blows is at a little different place but pain attunement and most of the other node stay in their old place.
The non snapshot version of this build drops haste bc of the need of a bloodmagic gem correct?
Everything depends on the aura reservation nodes, if they get nerfed and their values reduced a lot, we'll have to drop a few auras, however if they stay like they currently are, you can still run up to 7 auras by taking all the reduced reservation nodes with my build posted a page or two back.
IGN:
Jiaozy - Jiaozy[something]
I think you should take two +8% life nodes next to "Warrior's Blood" instead of two +6% life nodes in Scion Level 100 budget build tree.
I have the life based version of this build, running all 3 purity auraus + vitality. Someone tested the life/budget-version on atziri or is just the low life version atziri capable?

If not what would be the big problems?

ps. capable != without deaths, I'm fine to die 1-2 times for some atziri drops.

pps. This build is just awesome, until I found the Mjölner I was never able to play one of those "sophisticated" builds, enjoying it and this is one of the best guides I've read so far. Thx so much!
Last edited by GregorEisenh0rn on Aug 4, 2014, 9:55:16 AM
I have a question about romira's banquet, here is what is said about it on the wiki page of the unique ring :

"Gain a Power Charge on non-Critical Strike: The player gains a power charge when a skill they cast does not roll a critical strike. Because this only happens once when the ability is cast, it is not possible to receive more than 1 power charge from an attack that hits enemies multiple times."

Note the bolded part. Im not sure if it's the wording that completely confuses me but it seem like you can only get one power charge per attacks? So lets say i use molten strike + multistrike, it would only grants 3 power charges (from the first attack + the 2 additional attacks from multistrike), completely ommiting the hits landed by the projectiles.

Or am i reading it wrong and you get a power charge from every hits?

Example if i were to use molten strike + multistrike + lmp + gmp and attack once, would I get a power charge from all these hits (assuming all the projectiles were to hit)?

(1 attack + 9 projectiles) * 3 (multistrike) = 30 power charges gained from one use of the molten strike skill?

I am really confused haha.
Last edited by Krayken on Aug 4, 2014, 5:37:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info