[2.0] THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: DO ALL MAPS, UBER ATZIRI, AND EXPLOSIONS!

@CowDizzle:
no RF and no shavronne's basically means running the life-based version of the build.
if you try to make a low-life with solaris lorica you'll need crazy ES helmet and shield (which will probably be worth just as much as a shavronne's and a mid roll helmet/shield).

with a life-based build, you'll be able to run blood rage no problem.
you won't have any of the advantages of being a low-life though (BR attack speed increase and RF more spell damage boost, compounded by pain atunement), which means way less DPS.
but it can be done.
yeah, if i can do it, so can you!
I basically have the least ideal setup for this build.
Chaos Inoculation.
and the only issue i'm facing is ele-reflect, but pretty much everybody has this issue.
🎈🤡LEGACY MINER & TRAPPER MIRROR SERVICE: 1713980🤡🎈
🎈🤡ETERNAL SUPPORTER UNIQUE: KAOM'S SPIRIT🎈Designer: IronVsWild🤡🎈
🎈🤡ETERNAL SUPPORTER SINCE APRIL 2012🤡🎈
🎈🤡IGN: CLOWNPOWDER & CLOWNLIVESMATTER🤡🎈
"
blaes wrote:
@CowDizzle:
no RF and no shavronne's basically means running the life-based version of the build.
if you try to make a low-life with solaris lorica you'll need crazy ES helmet and shield (which will probably be worth just as much as a shavronne's and a mid roll helmet/shield).

you won't have any of the advantages of being a low-life though (BR attack speed increase and RF more spell damage boost, compounded by pain atunement), which means way less DPS.
but it can be done.

Thanks for the reply, Every build i have ran BR on just rapes me without ci, I still don't see how it won't rape me here? especially since this has low life leech.
Last edited by Starzee on May 23, 2014, 3:13:48 PM
lvl20 BR is 3.8% life degen. you can easily get 3% regen from the tree. that only leaves a very little degen. then you have the hp pots.
of course you'll need to pay attention to your chaos resistance, but that is true for any non CI build.
on this build, you can also easily afford to put a life gain on hit gem in your setup, which will help a lot given the huge number of hits you'll do.
"
blaes wrote:
lvl20 BR is 3.8% life degen. you can easily get 3% regen from the tree. that only leaves a very little degen. then you have the hp pots.
of course you'll need to pay attention to your chaos resistance, but that is true for any non CI build.
on this build, you can also easily afford to put a life gain on hit gem in your setup, which will help a lot given the huge number of hits you'll do.

Alrighty, Thanks a lot for responding to me, I appreciate the time you've taken.
wouldnt snapshotting the RF with a searing touch be better? The RF damage isnt why youre activating it, I think that going RF-Empower-Inc Aoe- ConC + (Inc Burning/IIR/IIQ/Enhance) Would end up giving better damage to the main skill giving lvl 24 to a base 20 RF with uncorrupted gems gives "more" spell damage
I mean yeah you get about 70% increased RF damage over, but ST you get access to more links onto the RF
at 75 this tree only has like 200 int and like 230str how do u get enough stats? The only thing i can see that helps is the +100str gloves, but still, that's not enough. I guess u can just equip +200str worth of stuff and another +100int worth of stuff, equip the mjolner, then take it all off except the mjolner right? since the mjolner gives +200 and +300 and ude then have enough stat with the mjolner equipped.
Last edited by Starzee on May 24, 2014, 1:00:32 PM
"
KaiSong wrote:
wouldnt snapshotting the RF with a searing touch be better? The RF damage isnt why youre activating it, I think that going RF-Empower-Inc Aoe- ConC + (Inc Burning/IIR/IIQ/Enhance) Would end up giving better damage to the main skill giving lvl 24 to a base 20 RF with uncorrupted gems gives "more" spell damage
I mean yeah you get about 70% increased RF damage over, but ST you get access to more links onto the RF

You are right, this could be used as a possible optimization of the build. I'm not sure whether the 4% more extra damage would really be worth it. Keep in mind, that they are not an additional multiplier, but rather added to Righteous Fire's one, rendering them at a total of maybe 3% if they were a seperate one.

3% of the 300k single-target DPS would be 9k additional DPS, while the 70% lost on righteous fire would amount to a similar, if not better DPS increase. In a single-target scenario at least both ways seem to be similarly good.

One thing you didn't consider is, that with a strong RF you can just walk next to single remaining monsters and not bother using any skills on them. This is something that can enhance clear speed.

Lastly going dual redbeak would be cheaper than getting a searing touch with a few links, but I guess if you are running this build you likely don't mind the little extra currency.

"
at 75 this tree only has like 200 int and like 230str how do u get enough stats? The only thing i can see that helps is the +100str gloves, but still, that's not enough. I guess u can just equip +200str worth of stuff and another +100int worth of stuff, equip the mjolner, then take it all off except the mjolner right? since the mjolner gives +200 and +300 and ude then have enough stat with the mjolner equipped.

The belt gives 30+ STR, the amulet gives 20+ STR, I have almost 100 STR on my gloves and boots. This is all mentioned in the guide, though.

"
Hello there, I find the guide very complicating, I basically have my mojlner, voll's devotion and romira's I just want to use lightning strike or cyclone with arc and discharge, I don't want to use RF and ide like to use blood rage but not sure how I'de run BR without dying when i don't want to run low life, Could u explain how? and maybe link the gear i would need? Thanks a lot and sorry i'm stupid, i need it all explaining.

I have a few questions
-How does ur mana not get raped? i don't see how you regen so much

-Also failing to see how you have so much ES on your low life, I don't really wan't to go low life though.

What build can i use with a mjolner to get to lvl75+?

P.S. Can't afford a shav's, DO NOT want to snap shot, I keep looking at this build and getting more confused, How do u even leech life back O_o

Romira's has a little mana leech built-in. My basic mana regeneration, even without clarity, is enough. Lightning strike does not cost that much mana.

I don't have much ES for low-life. Just a Shavronne's and okay helmet, boots and gloves which in combination are worth maybe 20-30ex.

I don't know of any decent sub-75 mjölner build, but this is not what this guide is for. It is clearly stated, that the build doesn't work for leveling.

This build does not depend on snapshotting.

All these questions really make me wonder whether you actually read the guide. They are all answered in there. Even the gear, that you requested is linked!

"
blaes wrote:
@CowDizzle:

but it can be done.

Why would you run blood rage on the life-based version? That's a horrible idea! The physical leech is nearly non-existant because the build doesn't deal much physical damage and the frenzy charges are so rare, that they are not worth the high degeneration.

Blood rage is only for low-life for the attack speed bonus!
IGN: Pirteloli
"

Romira's has a little mana leech built-in. My basic mana regeneration, even without clarity, is enough. Lightning strike does not cost that much mana.

I don't have much ES for low-life. Just a Shavronne's and okay helmet, boots and gloves which in combination are worth maybe 20-30ex.

Thank you

"

I don't know of any decent sub-75 mjölner build, but this is not what this guide is for. It is clearly stated, that the build doesn't work for leveling.

Yes i noticed that it's a post 75 build, That's why I was merely asking if you know of any builds that can level to 75 using a mjolner because then at 75 i would switch to this build, So clearly I know it's a 75+ build.

"

All these questions really make me wonder whether you actually read the guide. They are all answered in there. Even the gear, that you requested is linked!

I mentioned I found the guide complicated that's why I'm asking for clarification / a better description, I'm not sure how you don't understand that? I would of thought as the founder of the build you would be a bit more polite to people wanting to use it.

"

Blood rage is only for low-life for the attack speed bonus!

Surely it's also for frenzy charges to discharge?

Also, any chance anyone can answer this -

at 75 this tree only has like 200 int and like 230str. Can I just equip +200str worth of stuff and another +100int worth of stuff, equip the mjolner, then take it all off except the mjolner and be left with enough stats to use the mjolner since the mjolner gives +200 and +300 and ude then have enough stat with the mjolner equipped.
Last edited by Starzee on May 24, 2014, 1:32:39 PM
"
Tom94 wrote:

Why would you run blood rage on the life-based version?

well, it offers an easy way to get frenzy charges for discharge.
it makes a cheap alternative for voll's devotion endurance charges, albeit not as good, but someone doing the life-based version of the build is probably not loaded anyway, and may want to spare the 20ex it costs. at least for starters.

it sure isn't optimal, but it's a start.

"

at 75 this tree only has like 200 int and like 230str. Can I just equip +200str worth of stuff and another +100int worth of stuff, equip the mjolner, then take it all off except the mjolner and be left with enough stats to use the mjolner since the mjolner gives +200 and +300 and ude then have enough stat with the mjolner equipped.

no, you can't. mjolner doesn't increase str/int. it only increases the requirements.
an easy way to get them is to get the 100str gloves, and the astramentis amulet (~100 all stats), or atziri's foible amulet (-25% requirements on everything).
but you won't get to use voll's devotion (see my above statement about that).
Last edited by blaes on May 24, 2014, 1:48:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info