[2.0] THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: DO ALL MAPS, UBER ATZIRI, AND EXPLOSIONS!

"
Castablanca wrote:
Tom, I'm really starting to wonder again whether extra power charges and endurance charges are worth getting from the tree.
I know you already answered this question earlier. You said that it was NOT worth getting.

However, even against single targets, I consistently see maximum power/endurance charges. As such, wouldn't it behoove a mjolner player to maximize this?

I'm eagerly awaiting your assessment.

From my experience this build really is OP to begin with and i havent even got quality on any of my gems yet. Getting extra charges would diminish surviveability due to the fact that you want as much ES as possible to cope with ele reflect not to mention sustaining RF.
I'm getting worried about potential nerf.
Do you think it's worth divinding my two mjolner's to perfection in anticipation of potential legacy conversion?
🎈🤡LEGACY MINER & TRAPPER MIRROR SERVICE: 1713980🤡🎈
🎈🤡ETERNAL SUPPORTER UNIQUE: KAOM'S SPIRIT🎈Designer: IronVsWild🤡🎈
🎈🤡ETERNAL SUPPORTER SINCE APRIL 2012🤡🎈
🎈🤡IGN: CLOWNPOWDER & CLOWNLIVESMATTER🤡🎈
Last edited by Castablanca on May 18, 2014, 5:30:38 PM
I'm going to try dual-wielding Mjolner + dualstrike:
Mjolner #1 = Arc + Arc + Iron Will
Mjolner #2 = Arc + Arc + Iron Will

This results in 4X arc's...

Dual strike attacks with both mjolners at once.
Unfortunately CLEAVE DOESN'T WORK WITH MACES.

4 arc's = 80% chance to shock

Theoretical links:
Dual Strike + Faster Attacks + Multistrike + Melee Splash + Increased AOE + reduced mana.
Last edited by Castablanca on May 18, 2014, 7:14:50 PM
Will this build still work without the voll's devotion? Or will there be a major dps lose from not using it. Im wondering because I would like to try a mjolner build, and this is the best one currently, on ambush.

Edit: I looked back on the other pages and saw the response. I was just being lazy.
Last edited by TheGreatFry on May 19, 2014, 11:19:57 PM

DOES "Skills chain +1 times" stack?
YES IT DOES STACK!!! 2 CHAINZ
Dual-wielding Mjolner's adds a global +2 chain.
1+1 = 2 YAY

It really makes ARC absolutely nuts. Lightning Strike's chains can now chain back to the original target (see wiki page on Chain... chaining back to primary target takes an additional chain).

GEM LINKAGE:
Main-hand mjolner: Discharge + Arc + Iron Will
Off-hand mjolner: Arch + Arc + Iron Will

Here is the updated passive tree (I sacrificed a bit of armour nodes to gain a huge bonus to attack speed with dual wielding passives). Armour was never an issue because of perma-immortal call/endurance charges.

Even though we currently don't have an ideal dual-wielding attack for dual mjolner's, lightning strike actually synergizes quite well because of the stacked +2 chain effect. Sadly, Lightning strike alternates weapons, but this +2 chain makes a 6 linked lightning strike actually quite impressive (effectively doubling the GMP'ed lightning strike without having to use the chain support gem).
Last edited by Castablanca on May 19, 2014, 1:20:45 PM
"
Castablanca wrote:

DOES "Skills chain +1 times" stack?
YES IT DOES STACK!!! 2 CHAINZ
Dual-wielding Mjolner's adds a global +2 chain.
1+1 = 2 YAY

It really makes ARC absolutely nuts. Lightning Strike's chains can now chain back to the original target (see wiki page on Chain... chaining back to primary target takes an additional chain).

GEM LINKAGE:
Main-hand mjolner: Discharge + Arc + Iron Will
Off-hand mjolner: Arch + Arc + Iron Will

Here is the updated passive tree (I sacrificed a bit of armour nodes to gain a huge bonus to attack speed with dual wielding passives). Armour was never an issue because of perma-immortal call/endurance charges.

Even though we currently don't have an ideal dual-wielding attack for dual mjolner's, lightning strike actually synergizes quite well because of the stacked +2 chain effect. Sadly, Lightning strike alternates weapons, but this +2 chain makes a 6 linked lightning strike actually quite impressive (effectively doubling the GMP'ed lightning strike without having to use the chain support gem).

IMO I won't sacrifice a shield or my soul taker for the extra +1 chain because white mobs die so fast even with 1 mjolnir. But I am curious to see how it performs when you use dual strike to have a chance to proc 4 spells in one hit.
GMT +8
ign: RayHidetora
a questions. I see that low life version is more dps power.
1: how do you sustain righteous fire if u take zealot oath???
2: do you think ggg gonna nerf mjolner creating a new mjolner less powerfull?
3: can scion low life based can work without snapshooting?
ty in advance
:)
Last edited by draud on May 20, 2014, 10:58:45 AM
Hey Tom,
i was wondering, on my gear i have 9 Unique items, i was thinking to use Pendarus ring instid of dream fragments,
what do u think about it?
it grant me 27% more int which is around the 19% more Energy shield,
and this ring grant Mana, (around the 100 in total)
mana reg 45-55% and 3% more xp, and resistance are not a problem offc,
Whats ur opinion about it?
Last edited by matanp531 on May 21, 2014, 5:05:56 AM
What skills/gear are people using to level up to 90 while trying to get this skill tree? Seems like it would be very difficult to level with before around 70 even.
searing touch
traps
molten shell
searing bond

and by the way, dual wielding mjolner fkn sucks
Last edited by Castablanca on May 20, 2014, 6:42:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account: