[2.0] THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: DO ALL MAPS, UBER ATZIRI, AND EXPLOSIONS!

well if running with all purities and having a shield with increased max resists and using flasks you really should not have big problems with reflect.
"
goat4dinner wrote:
well if running with all purities and having a shield with increased max resists and using flasks you really should not have big problems with reflect.

I'm life based and despite this build, You do not have enough mana regen to use lightstrike/cyclone so just Clarity and vitality take up nearly all mana.
Instead of investing all of these points into running multiple high resistance auras, and still getting fucked over on -max res maps, why not just run Aegis with rainbowstrides and spell block node to deal with ele reflect? You can get 20%+ spell block and regenerate ES each time you spell block a reflected discharge.

This would nullify discharge ele reflect because our discharges are not one huge hit, but rather multiple small hits. This would also remove the need for life leech, allowing you to go Iron Will + Discharge + Arc.
The Endless Retch: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1655814
"
Dakoos wrote:
Instead of investing all of these points into running multiple high resistance auras, and still getting fucked over on -max res maps, why not just run Aegis with rainbowstrides and spell block node to deal with ele reflect? You can get 20%+ spell block and regenerate ES each time you spell block a reflected discharge.

This would nullify discharge ele reflect because our discharges are not one huge hit, but rather multiple small hits. This would also remove the need for life leech, allowing you to go Iron Will + Discharge + Arc.

Assuming you got good gear, then you would do around 5k damage per Discharge (no Righteous Fire!). Now let's consider resistances of 80%. We would get reflected 18% * 0.2 = 3.6% damage, which would be 180 with a 5k damage Discharge.

Let's say we have ~50% block (with nodes) and thus 10% spell block with 20% Rainbowstrides. This means with each block we need to obtain 1800 ES to nullify the reflect. Since (legacy) Aegis adds 4% of your armor to your ES pool we would need 45k armor. That's not a very realistic goal for this build.

Not even speaking of how you'd need 90k armor for double reflect / -max / non-legacy Aegis alone. Yes, some of it can be compensated with the Life Leech from Doryani's or even a Life Leech in your Mjölner, but it does not come even close to having 106 Fire Resistance (immunity) and 96% Lightning Resistance with passive nodes, Auras and Flasks. If you do it correctly then you can ignore reflect while your flasks are up. You will have to deal with replacing your Iron Will with Life Leech and possibly lower your DPS on purpose on -max maps either way as long as you are not playing in a group.

Not even speaking of how using Aegis basically halves your DPS and how using Rainbowstrides almost forces you to use an STR helmet unless you run with the unique gloves. It's a lot better to off-load the STR onto your boots and gloves.
IGN: Pirteloli
Last edited by Tom94 on May 27, 2014, 2:05:24 PM
Interesting information. Thanks Tom.

I'm trying to make a really tanky variant of this build, and as such I will be balancing more towards survivabity and less towards massive dps. I believe that the extreme dps your build puts out is cool, but may be a little overkill. I'm trying to make a tanky CI cyclone mjolner/aegis variant using the method I explained above to trivialize reflect. I think there is a sweet spot to be found between hoe much dps discharge does and how much of it it reflect back.

I'll update here after I try it out.
The Endless Retch: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1655814
"
Dakoos wrote:

I'm trying to make a really tanky variant of this build, and as such I will be balancing more towards survivabity and less towards massive dps. I believe that the extreme dps your build puts out is cool, but may be a little overkill. I'm trying to make a tanky CI cyclone mjolner/aegis variant using the method I explained above to trivialize reflect. I think there is a sweet spot to be found between hoe much dps discharge does and how much of it it reflect back.

i've been working on exactly this... you're in for a disappoint.
These are all the items at my disposal for making Chaos Inoc variant of Tom's build.
Spoiler

Reflect is still an issue period. even with aegis.
🎈🤡LEGACY MINER & TRAPPER MIRROR SERVICE: 1713980🤡🎈
🎈🤡ETERNAL SUPPORTER UNIQUE: KAOM'S SPIRIT🎈Designer: IronVsWild🤡🎈
🎈🤡ETERNAL SUPPORTER SINCE APRIL 2012🤡🎈
🎈🤡IGN: CLOWNPOWDER & CLOWNLIVESMATTER🤡🎈
Last edited by Castablanca on May 27, 2014, 10:15:06 PM
What if you have near 100 percent uptime on flasks? Get creative with swaps, use magnate studded belt, warlords mark, maybe adapt the build to get the 3 10% flask nodes near witch. Just some ideas I've used to circumvent ele reflect in my builds.
IGN: KiPad

Mirror Services (/view-thread/778747): #1 Crit Rings for *ALL* builds (Low-life, CI, and Life), #1 1H Axe, #1 Ar Boots, #1 Life Rustic
"
Castablanca wrote:
"
Dakoos wrote:

i've been working on exactly this... you're in for a disappoint.
These are all the items at my disposal for making Chaos Inoc variant of Tom's build.
Spoiler

Reflect is still an issue period. even with aegis.

1. Switch to Saffell's Frame for +max resists and spell block.
2. replace iron will with life leech

I can do solo or full group 76+ maps including bosses without any noticeable problem.
Avoid spamming skills in huge packs (15+)
GMT +8
ign: RayHidetora
"
KiPad wrote:
What if you have near 100 percent uptime on flasks? Get creative with swaps, use magnate studded belt, warlords mark, maybe adapt the build to get the 3 10% flask nodes near witch. Just some ideas I've used to circumvent ele reflect in my builds.

The 3 10% Flask Effect nodes really are the best option if you go with the high-Resistance version of the build and have problems with ele reflect. You can get your resistances to 109/99/99 with these, but I found that even 96% are well enough to cope with reflect already. The gain on -max maps is pretty much negligible, sadly.

The Magnate if only an option if you run with a Life Leech gem, since otherwise you'd be missing the leech from Doryani's. The 1% leech actually makes a gigantic different with such a high DPS.
IGN: Pirteloli
Last edited by Tom94 on May 28, 2014, 6:27:58 AM
Level 9 Lightning Strike without Increased Quality is the best option i guess if i didnt miss something?
I'm a savage, I'm a king
I fought deceivers
I conquered evil

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info