[2.0] THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: DO ALL MAPS, UBER ATZIRI, AND EXPLOSIONS!

Hey Tom,
Thanks for sharing the build and everyone loved it.
Just need a suggestion or advice from you before I will respec my tree. If you kindly check what's the best tree since regrets are getting expensive lately;
Below is my current tree and my gears (just disregard the elem proli it was for test purpose,I used lvl 20 Conductivity curse with 20% chance to shock before start hitting them and conc effect for Cyclone)

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBDH0OPA5IEH8RLxGWFHEVUBcvGdcaVRvIHNwdFB2qJLAnqSj6KaUqOCycLR8vbzboOlI74TyOPV9Co0MxQ2NEq0ZxRwZOKlBCUlNVrlXWV8lYr1j1WfNeE19qYSFko2TnZp5tGXC7cU1yqXYIeA1713zZfll_xoCkgwmE74cpiGuMNo9Gj6aP-pMnmZqaz53En8uiLqKjpwinK6lurKq0DLQ4tkG297cxuJPAGsHFwfPDbcae1U_ZE9rd2-fed-GI4vfjhOUZ6hjquutj6-7sGPcy-Ov60vv1XIqG0Q==

with these gears, I have 8ish ES and 9ish Def (w/out flask)

Tree that I would like to go (RF) and with the same gears except the shield (Phoenix)

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBDH0OPBB_EZYUcRVQFy8c3B0UHaoksCepKPovbzvhPI5Co0NjRnFHBlBCV8lY9VnzX2pmnm0ZcLtxTXKpdgh713zZfll_xoCkgwmMNo9Gj_qTJ5rPncSfy6KjpwinK6yqtAy0OLcxuJPAGsHFwfPDbcae1U_ZE9rd2-fed-GI4vflGeoY6rrr7uwY9zL46_rS-_WnMJ7NVbXSIWoeqBjyL8EEXz8n7cT2PQ999SSL98GCx_noLUedrhps8918u548TdiMdg5I44SIa7b3ES-ZmutjhtEZ11yKog8u_w==

Your thoughts?

IGN: JuanTamod / Epic_Hero
Last edited by JuanTamod on Jun 2, 2014, 7:28:27 AM
"
andrehbg wrote:

Its more tanky by runing grace, 45% evasion is 45% evasion

And how does evasion protect you from big hits that would oneshot you? I'd take high ES with low evasion over low ES with high evasion any day. On top of that with the almost 100% immortal call uptime, attacks will barely even scratch you. Evasion doesn't work on spells anyways.

"
andrehbg wrote:
, and ur regeneration is used to sustain RF.

There is quite a bit of regeneration on top of RF. As I said, I can even sustain RF in vulnerability / half-regen maps. In the maps where I need regeneration the most I don't run RF anyways, so I get it fully.

"
andrehbg wrote:
I dont go for the marauder area, so it saves me lots of points, if i went for marauder regen nodes it would save less.

And you also have less survivability by doing that. I don't think going all the way to charisma is favorable - it barely gives any advantage and is not necessary even with snapshot fixes.

"
andrehbg wrote:
Boots and gloves together gives aroung 500 ES, using them save enought points to overcompensate its loss, and its cheaper.

How did you come up with that number? That's so unrealistic. Boots and gloves together give 300-400 base ES which can be around 2000 actual ES! No way you can compensate that with 6 points. Of course if you also ignore the Marauder part, then you will have more points, but you would also have sacrificed even more defense for other nodes which are hardly worth it.

Granted, it indeed is cheaper, but I said that from the start. I guarantee you, that you will have far less ES the way you built. The evasion won't help you more than the ES would.

"
andrehbg wrote:
Shield cold be better but all hight spell dmg hight ES out there are mirror worth so i am using this one.

No clue how that fits into the context. :p

"
andrehbg wrote:
Romira's seens to work like volls protector, but with a power charge on non critical,

I remember when I tested it it wasn't like that - weird.

"
andrehbg wrote:
the system u metntioned would be the counterpart of power charge on critical gem, try it and you will see, since i am not using RF more charges are a good way to increase discharge dmg for packs, usefull for 6 pple gight level maps.

True, if your DPS isn't so high due to not running the optimal build, then the power charges are worth it more against packs if you actually get them.

"
andrehbg wrote:

PS: Leap slam dont case that much desync, but indeed it cases desync sometimes, cyclone desync a lot more, well, i have no problem with doors and stuff like that, i guess its just matter of geting used to it

Even rare desyncs can mean death and I don't like losing a few hours of experience.

"
andrehbg wrote:

how would ur build looks like without snapshoting?
peace

No more Haste and Vitality on normal maps. Replace purity of cold with Vitality on Vulnerability / half-regen maps to sustain RF. Of course some auras would have to run on your life via a blood magic gem, but that can be easily fit into the slot which got free from dropping Haste.

"
JuanTamod wrote:
Hey Tom,
Just need a suggestion or advice from you before I will respec my tree. If you kindly check what's the best tree since regrets are getting expensive lately;
Below is my current tree and my gears (just disregard the elem proli it was for test purpose,I used lvl 20 Conductivity curse with 20% chance to shock before start hitting them and conc effect for Cyclone)

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBDH0OPA5IEH8RLxGWFHEVUBcvGdcaVRvIHNwdFB2qJLAnqSj6KaUqOCycLR8vbzboOlI74TyOPV9Co0MxQ2NEq0ZxRwZOKlBCUlNVrlXWV8lYr1j1WfNeE19qYSFko2TnZp5tGXC7cU1yqXYIeA1713zZfll_xoCkgwmE74cpiGuMNo9Gj6aP-pMnmZqaz53En8uiLqKjpwinK6lurKq0DLQ4tkG297cxuJPAGsHFwfPDbcae1U_ZE9rd2-fed-GI4vfjhOUZ6hjquutj6-7sGPcy-Ov60vv1XIqG0Q==

Tree that I would like to go (RF) and with the same gears except the shield (Phoenix)

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBDH0OPBB_EZYUcRVQFy8c3B0UHaoksCepKPovbzvhPI5Co0NjRnFHBlBCV8lY9VnzX2pmnm0ZcLtxTXKpdgh713zZfll_xoCkgwmMNo9Gj_qTJ5rPncSfy6KjpwinK6yqtAy0OLcxuJPAGsHFwfPDbcae1U_ZE9rd2-fed-GI4vflGeoY6rrr7uwY9zL46_rS-_WnMJ7NVbXSIWoeqBjyL8EEXz8n7cT2PQ999SSL98GCx_noLUedrhps8918u548TdiMdg5I44SIa7b3ES-ZmutjhtEZ11yKog8u_w==

Your thoughts?

Sorry, I don't have the time to make custom builds for everyone. Judging from your gear you probably lack a lot of Strength and Dex, though. Make sure to get all the points you can get and try to get Str on your gloves and boots.
IGN: Pirteloli
Last edited by Tom94 on Jun 2, 2014, 9:08:36 AM
Heyya Tom, thank you and the other community members who worked on this build and did all of the math, and the patience for answering all questions, including mine. :) It took some finessing and changing around, but that's why I used this guide topic as simply a guide and made some changes to both my gear and the spec so I can now run completely on mana and dropped my Blood Magic gems. While it's not absolutely the best, and would eventually want to run a low-life variation of the build, that will come with time and getting gear needed for that build. That said, here's what I managed to come up with:

My Current Spec

My Current Gear

Spoiler

Rainbowstrides are for RF snapshotting at the moment, and my offhands are simply a Saffel's Frame and legacy Soul Taker for leveling up the RF gem combo after I get it going. Again, went for double Arc for being more group friendly and will eventually work in Discharge at a later date, but I'm very happy with the power it's providing now. I've also found the Headhunter belt to be quite effective and it's something else when you down 2-3 rares and steal all of their buffs, even more so when I manage to snag a 'Soul Eater' Nemesis Mod. Get that one around a heavy shrine group and I become even more potent.

My only real issues are Corrupting Blood, Elemental Reflect, and some odd mod that I steal with the Headhunter belt that causes me to some how lose my life faster via RF than I can explain. It's not a huge deal since I have the fire flasks and life flask to deal with it, but I still can't figure out what the heck is causing that. Corrupting Blood is just me paying attention and popping my armor flask to lessen the effects and then use the bleed removal to get rid of them before they become a problem. Elemental Reflect is still quite the doozy for me so I have to be careful around those packs and just skip ER maps...same with Vulnerability and half-regen maps, but not sure how to counter those other than getting more max resists, which doesn't seem possible for me at the moment.

Other than that...this build is one of the most enjoyable I've played with in a while and brought me back to PoE after snagging the Mjolner and seeing what it is capable of. Oh yes...almost forgot...this build has made me LOVE the Crematorium map simply because I can now handle the boss without any issues whatsoever, even a double boss. Just have to move every now and then when the flasks run a little low and the firestorms stack too high, but that's not too bad. AND ONE MORE THING...I finally got my revenge on a certain Exile that killed one of my older characters a while back in a Labyrinth...Igna Phoenix. I encountered her in a Crematorium map of all places last night...let's just say that the taste of revenge against that RF bitch was INCREDIBLY satisfying. Just standing there with complete fire immunity and watching her struggle in futility to try and damage me while I unleashed Molten Strike hell on her...her death cry was music to my ears.

Ok...my moment of childish delight and immaturity over...fun build and loving it lots! ^_^
Last edited by Tanakeah on Jun 2, 2014, 9:17:20 AM
Haha, I am happy you like the build so much. The mod which makes your Life degenrate faster is the additional ES mod. Keep in mind, that RF also does a portion of your maximum ES as damage per second, yet your Life regeneration is only based on your life.
I'm pretty new to POE and i've more or less copied this build. I'm level 87 (I know you suggest lvl 90) but even with the nodes and similar gear my regen can't sustain RF. Not sure what i'm missing, i'm using a lvl 18 vitality, i'm not sure 0.10% would make such a huge difference?

i've gone low life shavs btw
Last edited by SomeoneSerious on Jun 2, 2014, 1:55:53 PM
"
I'm pretty new to POE and i've more or less copied this build. I'm level 87 (I know you suggest lvl 90) but even with the nodes and similar gear my regen can't sustain RF. Not sure what i'm missing, i'm using a lvl 18 vitality, i'm not sure 0.10% would make such a huge difference?

i've gone low life shavs btw

What level is Purity of Fire? If it's also level 18, that is your problem.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
Tom94 wrote:
"
andrehbg wrote:

Its more tanky by runing grace, 45% evasion is 45% evasion

And how does evasion protect you from big hits that would oneshot you? I'd take high ES with low evasion over low ES with high evasion any day. On top of that with the almost 100% immortal call uptime, attacks will barely even scratch you. Evasion doesn't work on spells anyways.

"
andrehbg wrote:
, and ur regeneration is used to sustain RF.

There is quite a bit of regeneration on top of RF. As I said, I can even sustain RF in vulnerability / half-regen maps. In the maps where I need regeneration the most I don't run RF anyways, so I get it fully.

"
andrehbg wrote:
I dont go for the marauder area, so it saves me lots of points, if i went for marauder regen nodes it would save less.

And you also have less survivability by doing that. I don't think going all the way to charisma is favorable - it barely gives any advantage and is not necessary even with snapshot fixes.

"
andrehbg wrote:
Boots and gloves together gives aroung 500 ES, using them save enought points to overcompensate its loss, and its cheaper.

How did you come up with that number? That's so unrealistic. Boots and gloves together give 300-400 base ES which can be around 2000 actual ES! No way you can compensate that with 6 points. Of course if you also ignore the Marauder part, then you will have more points, but you would also have sacrificed even more defense for other nodes which are hardly worth it.

Granted, it indeed is cheaper, but I said that from the start. I guarantee you, that you will have far less ES the way you built. The evasion won't help you more than the ES would.

"
andrehbg wrote:
Shield cold be better but all hight spell dmg hight ES out there are mirror worth so i am using this one.

No clue how that fits into the context. :p

"
andrehbg wrote:
Romira's seens to work like volls protector, but with a power charge on non critical,

I remember when I tested it it wasn't like that - weird.

"
andrehbg wrote:
the system u metntioned would be the counterpart of power charge on critical gem, try it and you will see, since i am not using RF more charges are a good way to increase discharge dmg for packs, usefull for 6 pple gight level maps.

True, if your DPS isn't so high due to not running the optimal build, then the power charges are worth it more against packs if you actually get them.

"
andrehbg wrote:

PS: Leap slam dont case that much desync, but indeed it cases desync sometimes, cyclone desync a lot more, well, i have no problem with doors and stuff like that, i guess its just matter of geting used to it

Even rare desyncs can mean death and I don't like losing a few hours of experience.

"
andrehbg wrote:

how would ur build looks like without snapshoting?
peace

No more Haste and Vitality on normal maps. Replace purity of cold with Vitality on Vulnerability / half-regen maps to sustain RF. Of course some auras would have to run on your life via a blood magic gem, but that can be easily fit into the slot which got free from dropping Haste.

"
JuanTamod wrote:
Hey Tom,

Your thoughts?

Sorry, I don't have the time to make custom builds for everyone. Judging from your gear you probably lack a lot of Strength and Dex, though. Make sure to get all the points you can get and try to get Str on your gloves and boots.

I dont consider 7k ES as a low amount, gloves can give you about 200 base ES, i already saw boots with 280 base ES 280+200= 480, band, thats how. Evasion protect you agains elemental hits, have a intrincic reroll for critical hits, evasion is not as randon as block, it works with the entropy system, so with 45% evasion chance you evade almos half of hits. Well multistrike with Cyclone its far dangerous if you are so worried about desync, even when single targeting
Hello!

Its a really great build, i can tell it :)
I've made some changes on it, and here is the results:
- using passiv blood magic with LGOH gem ->>> 3x40% and 3x60% aura can be runing without snapshotting! (and i run 4 auras with empower gem)
- better base defense ( can run immortal call any time too)
- same dps (if i replace determination for haste)

A picture of the defensive stats:

Spoiler

pic is with endurance charges, without any flask.

My gear:
Spoiler

Flasks:

My tree(lvl93):

So all is fine, it works very well, Tom94 is a nice guy ;)

And i have a question, maybe someone try this: What will happen, if 2x Romina's ring are used (maybe with more max charges) ? It can works to get higher dps?
IGN : FlatBuffalo
"
andrehbg wrote:

I dont consider 7k ES as a low amount, gloves can give you about 200 base ES, i already saw boots with 280 base ES 280+200= 480, band, thats how. Evasion protect you agains elemental hits, have a intrincic reroll for critical hits, evasion is not as randon as block, it works with the entropy system, so with 45% evasion chance you evade almos half of hits. Well multistrike with Cyclone its far dangerous if you are so worried about desync, even when single targeting

I know how evasion works. Even if it is not random - if you happen to have a fatal hit hit you, then you are dead. I much prefer being able to survive it and have immortal call proc so I am immune against the next one. Same argument goes for the crit avoidance.

With ele flasks + all the resistances of this build (including marauder) you won't be caring about elemental damage anyways. I can facetank anything elemental, including everything of Atziri.

Didn't really have any problems with Cyclone against single enemies yet - but yeah, it's dangerous as soon as there are at least 2.

"
laposbivaly wrote:

And i have a question, maybe someone try this: What will happen, if 2x Romina's ring are used (maybe with more max charges) ? It can works to get higher dps?

There is no DPS increase - still only 1 charge per hit. I tried it.
Last edited by Tom94 on Jun 3, 2014, 4:54:40 AM
I have 94% fire res and when i cast blood fury with RF I begin to lose ES. My regen is 1700 per sec and yours is 2500. I have same tree at lvl 87 except I didn't need the dex nodes as my gear has a fair bit. my bloodfury is lvl 14/20 - purity of fire is lvl 20 - vitality is 18 (does 2 levels make such a huge impact?). I really can't figure out what im doing so wrong and how you have your regen that high (800 is a pretty big difference)
Last edited by SomeoneSerious on Jun 3, 2014, 12:18:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info