1.3 Blitz Diarrhea | Static Strike | Feb 3. Major Update!

First off, thanks for the build! I'm using it while playing with my brother, and allowing me to tank for him while he spectral throws everything is really fun. I have a couple of questions or things that I don't understand even after reading the wiki.

- I skipped Unwavering Stance but since I have Iron Reflexes won't the Blind not do anything when it goes off on Tempest Shield since all the evasion is converted to armor?
- I don't have enough mana or the reduced mana yet to run all the auras, which ones are the important ones to keep on or use first? My brother runs Hatred/Discipline and Clarity, so I don't need to have Hatred and was wondering what a good replacement for it might be? Since most items at the moment (only level 49) I look for life + resists, there's not much in the way of int from items what flasks do you run?
- How do you handle the negative Chaos resist + Blood rage killing you? I have 1.9k life and around 3k armor (with Determination) and in Cruel Act 2 I take a lot of damage like that.
"
trowe93 wrote:
Trying out this build on vanilla hardcore atm, looks like a lot of fun. My only question is: if I ever get bored of the meatballs, could I technically switch it out for Lightening Strike. I haven't done any math or anything but from the way LS behaves it could be the ranged equivalent. It would probably lack quite a bit of the fire synergy but I'm curious how it would fare versus enemies who are just a bit too scary to go against face-to-face.

Thanks for the build!

- After picking Iron Reflexes your chance to evade is equal to 5%. In other words, there's 95% chance that you'll be hit. Blind reduces that chance by 75%. So, 95% cut by 75% = 23,7% chance of being hit;
- It depends on your preferences, if you focus on defense while leveling you can run Determination, if you want a bit more offense you can use Haste, but it won't change that much. If you want to run Blood Rage as soon as Cruel you can make use of Vitality. When it comes down to flasks I have 3 x life flasks, 1 x quicksilver + Atziri's Promise.
- I didn't run Blood Rage until Merciless when I had both Vitality running + some chaos res off items. But if you wanna do it simply run Vitality and try to increase your life pool.
Dear meatball diarrhea fans, I'm currently working on a 1.2 update + a legit dual wield version I'm gonna play myself in Rampage. Both updates should be added as soon as August 28 which is when I'm coming back from vacation. Stay tuned!
Oh god, that build name, if this was facebook i'd hit Like.

Brilliant !
Build updated to 1.2 including tree, skills and gear.
Last edited by Dzwonsson on Aug 19, 2014, 11:52:59 AM
Hey there!

I'm trying out your build, but with a Bringer of Rain instead.

I don't have a Doryani's Catalyst currently, is why. Anyway, I've tweaked your tree a bit to fit my needs, and I'd like your opinion on it, as well as any suggestions you may have.

As for my gear, this is what I have at the moment.

Gear

I'm leveling with Molten Strike for speed, but I'm going to be using Facebreaker and Infernal Blow until I can get my hands on a Doryani's Catalyst, which is why I have few damage nodes.

Cheers!

Last edited by Umyx on Aug 20, 2014, 7:52:36 PM
Hi Dzwonsson, first of all thanks for having shared your build.

I don't know much about poe since i haven't played it for 3 months or so...in fact this skill is new to me, I saw your build while I was looking for something fun to play with in the new hc league.

Do you have any leveling advice for the skill tree progression? and is it a cheap build? I mean I'm looking for a safe and fun build to play with, since I'm not that used to poe anymore.
IGN: Mad_Brululul
Last edited by valerio07 on Aug 20, 2014, 9:15:42 PM
What are your thoughts on concentrated effect/GMP with molten strike?
"
Nekhebet wrote:
What are your thoughts on concentrated effect/GMP with molten strike?

From what I've tried, GMP/LMP will cause you to fill the screen with more meatballs with each attack, but each meatball will deal less damage. Up to you which you prefer, though.

There are two ways to buff the DPS of Molten Strike:

The first option is to ignore the melee attack portion of MS and focus on buffing the projectile portion as much as possible.

The second option is to focus on buffing both portions of MS, with Weapon Elemental Damage, Melee Physical Damage, etc.

As for Concentrated Effect, it is useful for getting more single target damage when fighting a boss, but isn't so good when clearing packs of mobs.

I'm currently using a Brightbeak because of the high attack speed, which means more meatballs out at once.

While leveling up, what stats am I looking for in a 1 handed weapon and shield? I don't know if I should be using weapons that boost the dps in the tooltip or not because it doesn't show projectile damage. I am level 43, so without that unique what should I be using in the meantime?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info