1.3 Blitz Diarrhea | Static Strike | Feb 3. Major Update!

"
Nailroth wrote:
Im currently leveling with this build, But i have a few concerns about the viability at end game, First you won't have any real leech, Blood rage do give some but with this skill you have very low phys damage since you convert it into fire damage. The next concern is it has very low life reg even with vitality, You are forced to get quite abit of chaos resist to neglect the damage from blood rage. As im leveling im looking into getting more life regen on the tree to not be forced to get as much chaos resist on gear that you will need now.
I get 12% physical leech (Blood Rage + Blood Drinker) and 1% elemental leech. That's really more than enough. I also didn't experience any regeneration related problems (again, running Vitality). My chaos res at the moment is -23%. I managed to solo the toughest 77 and 78 maps, so I guess this build is endgame viable. Have yet to take a shot a Atziri tho.
"
Vorae wrote:
Hey, I've been trying this build and its amazing. I do have mana issues though. I cant seem to regenerate enough mana to while using tempest shield and hatred. Your gear doesn't seem to have a lot of mana regeneration. How does your mana regenerate so quickly?
I use Blood Magic. You can use the Mana Leech gem instead if you're still leveling and not running Blood Rage + Vitality.
"
sai25 wrote:
Hi there.
Reported, I'm just tired of you spamming your Templar, Aegis, ES, res auras ideas that have nothing to do with this build except that you're using Molten Strike. Dude, told you, get your own guide or spam someone else's guide.
My build was for Duelist, Molten Strike, with same core structure. I just changed the Ranger passive points to Templar area for more survival and flexibility. That way you can use cheap gear with more profit.

The idea of the forum builds is to learn, discuss, share ideas. Not to be rude and stubborn as you are.

Anyways, i wont play molten strike anymore, so i wont waste more time in here.
Good luck in the future and have fun.
Ekhm, since when is adding Aegis, BoR and ES gear considered cheap? In Ambush the cheapest Aegis goes for 5ex at this moment, decent roll BoR is 2ex. Doryani's goes for 3ex... so it's already 10ex + you gotta get all the other pieces. I spent 6ex top on all of my gear (crafting inclided). This build is already immortal to physical damage. I don't see a point of getting the same result only at twice the cost. You just traded physical damage and attack speed for elemental damage, life for ES and lost tons of armor for 1% more block. What you also managed to *achieve* is you got 4% more max fire res, but lost Vitality, so you now can't cover Blood Rage and Blood Magic with life regen. Are you even running Blood Rage? And all of that to make Aegis useful. GG.

In other words, it's not me being stubborn, it's just you trying to achieve something that is already achieved while all you actually got is making this build twice more expensive and probably less effective. Good job, now do what you already told you're gonna do which is leave this guide.
Last edited by Dzwonsson on Jun 15, 2014, 9:13:32 PM
"
Dzwonsson wrote:
Ekhm, since when is adding Aegis, BoR and ES gear considered cheap?

All said there. You skip 90% of what people say, or just dont understand.

I didnt said to buy those items, i just said how much i spent to complete my end game molten strike immortal build (against Physical AND SPELLS).
I tried to do all end game with low gear + Doryani's Catalyst. Its just impossible to do Atziri without better stuff. Some people talked about END GAME / Atziri, so i posted my own experience after that, and Aegis helped a lot, its a fact. I think its a "core" item for the real end game. But the main item is just Doryani's Catalyst.
Today "Doryani's Catalyst and Aegis shield (makes you immortal, dont even need to be legacy)" for my final achiev, complete The Apex of Sacrifice.

If you read what i've said, you would notice that my point of view about changing the passives, is to profit more with cheaper gear. "A good way to reduce gear dependence, is using the Sovereignty (Templar area). With that you can use more auras, which makes the game really easier." ; today "for more survival and flexibility. That way you can use cheap gear with more profit.". I tried with and without, spent hundreds of Regrets in the last weeks to test EVERYTHING, and one of the main focus was to make the build cheaper and possible to do all end game content, as your project.

"
Dzwonsson wrote:
You just traded physical damage and attack speed for elemental damage, life for ES and lost tons of armor for 1% more block.

Again, you just cant understand what i say, or you dont read at all and then judge by the cover.

I always balance physical/speed/elemental damage, i even said Speed are the stat that increase more dps, but you should BALANCE all the 3 stats. "Attack Speed usually gives more DPS but try balance Speed, Phys dmg and Elemental damage. Or suit it to your playstyle."
I dont even lost any armor, i got way more than before, and max resists. The only trade i made was some life in the same area for some ES/AR passives to try balance my defenses, and profit a bit more from Aegis yes. I still have the same HP as you do.
Damage was exactly the same after that changes. (18.5k DPS with Frenzy charges)

I compared the Lava Lash 30% fire damage with Catalyze 24% WED ("The reason is kinda obvious, Lava Lash just increase Fire, while WED increase every kind of elemental damage. When playing solo you always have Fire and Cold dmg from Hatred aura.") but i dont use it in the final build. That was just additional self tested info for people who wonder about whats worth more.

"
Dzwonsson wrote:
What you also managed to *achieve* is you got 4% more max fire res, but lost Vitality, so you now can't cover Blood Rage and Blood Magic with life regen. Are you even running Blood Rage?

I guess the major diference on my build was that i dont use Vitality. High HP pool and 5,5% Life Regen passives are enough. (2,5% Duelist + 2% Marauder + 1% Templar)

Im not sure if you know the resists mechanics, but that little max fire res is extremely important for end game.
A good way to test your spell tankyness is the lvl74 Olmec's Sanctum unique map. Its pretty easy, but all the bosses are elemental, one of each type. If you can handle all, you are good to go.

About Blood Rage..."You dont need Blood Drinker passive, the Elemental leeched from Doryani's Catalyst and Blood Rage is enough.", and today "I've been playing without any physical life leech. Not on gear, neither Blood Drinker passive. The 1% Elemental Leech from Doryani is enough.
I dont even used Blood rage in the last 3 days and its pretty easy, never drop under 70-80% HP and i like to gather huge packs lol. But without Aegis i dont advice to do that.
"
If you can read, "in the last 3 days" i stopped use Blood Rage just to try manage hard mods with the 1% Elemental Leech only, and i hadnt any problem, but obviously i still use it to get the Frenzy charges for max damage.

I hope this time you read everything, so you dont judge wrong again and throw false arguments.
I didnt said that your build is bad, i do like your build. I just wanted to share my experience about a similar build with some variations, and finally achieved my goal. Faceroll all the hardest mods in end game maps and Atziri.
Thats how the human race evolve, sharing/discussing different ideas and experiences. You need to open your mind.
The best part about Path of Exile is the infinite possibilities to make your own builds.

And as i said, i finished my Molten Strike project today. So i wont waste more time, this was my 2 last cents.

Good luck and have fun! :)

Last edited by sai25 on Jun 15, 2014, 11:27:01 PM
"
sai25 wrote:
All said there. You skip 90% of what people say, or just dont understand.
No, I just skip 90% of what you say. You're worse than a damn roach, you say "I'm off" and then you're coming back the next day. While I appreciate you trying things out, you just went too far away from the original build to even consider it a feedback. So, instead of spamming my thread with your "similar build" as you put it, make your own guide for Christ's sake.
"
sai25 wrote:
Hi there.
Officially i can say Molten Strike is viable end game.
I've been doing 77-78 maps with insane mods (Solo lvl88), and finally tried Atziri, easily managed it.

Although i have some build variations. I guess i made it more flexible. Explained some of that before (Page 13), but i have some changes in passives too. I prefer use the last points in the Templar outside area, to reach Elemental Adaptation and Sovereignty for more auras.
Forgot to mention that i use BM gem.

Core Gear:
Doryani's Catalyst and Aegis shield (makes you immortal, dont even need to be legacy)
Auras:
Hatred+Haste+Purity of Fire (94% Fire resist with Flask)

@Nailroth: I've been playing without any physical life leech. Not on gear, neither Blood Drinker passive. The 1% Elemental Leech from Doryani is enough.
I dont even used Blood rage in the last 3 days and its pretty easy, never drop under 70-80% HP and i like to gather huge packs lol. But without Aegis i dont advice to do that.
Tho i used a 2% Leech ring on Atziri.

I've spent around 9ex.
3ex Doryani mace, 2.5ex Aegis shield, 2ex BoR helm. The rest were cheap rares, Saffell shield and Stone of Lazhwar amulet for harder spell casters situations.

My Molten Striker project is over.
Got pretty boring after 3 weeks playing this build end game, full time. Can make literally everything with any mod in late game maps. No regen, double reflects, -max resists, etc...

Tomorrow i gonna start a new project. Good luck to everyone and have fun!

Can you post gear/tree ? what was you DPS on molten ?
Trying out this build on vanilla hardcore atm, looks like a lot of fun. My only question is: if I ever get bored of the meatballs, could I technically switch it out for Lightening Strike. I haven't done any math or anything but from the way LS behaves it could be the ranged equivalent. It would probably lack quite a bit of the fire synergy but I'm curious how it would fare versus enemies who are just a bit too scary to go against face-to-face.

Thanks for the build!
Last edited by trowe93 on Jun 24, 2014, 5:42:40 AM
Just checking if you changed the 3L support skill Blind.

"
- 1S: Tempest Shield;
- 2L: Reduced Mana;
- 3L: Blind.

Blind doesn't work if you have Unwavering Stance (Blind is based of your evasion chances since you can't you always get hit).

I skipped Unwavering Stance so Blind is a good option but here's a list with interesting alternatives (by this order):
Culling Strike
Knockback
Iron Will
Last edited by Kiltak on Jun 29, 2014, 11:35:12 AM
"
Kiltak wrote:
Just checking if you changed the 3L support skill Blind.

"
- 1S: Tempest Shield;
- 2L: Reduced Mana;
- 3L: Blind.

Blind doesn't work if you have Unwavering Stance (Blind is based of your evasion chances since you can't you always get hit).

I skipped Unwavering Stance so Blind is a good option but here's a list with interesting alternatives (by this order):
Culling Strike
Knockback
Iron Will
I know, I skipped Unwavering myself, but forgot to update the tree. My bad.
"
trowe93 wrote:
Trying out this build on vanilla hardcore atm, looks like a lot of fun. My only question is: if I ever get bored of the meatballs, could I technically switch it out for Lightening Strike. I haven't done any math or anything but from the way LS behaves it could be the ranged equivalent. It would probably lack quite a bit of the fire synergy but I'm curious how it would fare versus enemies who are just a bit too scary to go against face-to-face.

Thanks for the build!
I think you could. You'd only have to respec the Lava Lash node... and if you respecced the 2 armor nodes in the Duelist tree you could go up in the direction of Templar tree to get 30% increased pdmg, 20% armor (so those 2 respecced nodes don't hurt) and 8% life + 20 STR. Something like this:
Last edited by Dzwonsson on Jun 30, 2014, 11:28:08 AM
Nevermind continued reading xD
Zerodyme_Witch (Best Summoner Ever)
Last edited by Zerodymebaldwin on Jul 12, 2014, 6:15:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info