1.3 Blitz Diarrhea | Static Strike | Feb 3. Major Update!

"This looks like some kind of tomato sauce diarrhea with meatballs"
- Random Party Guy
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT! 1.3 UPDATE NOTES
This guide is a semi-new build compared to what you might have been used to. Certain features of this build including gearing remained the same while others changed. I strongly suggest to thoroughly read at least the notes posted below. I hope you will like this guide as much as you liked the Meatball Diarrhea.

IMPORTANT! FEB. 2 UPDATE NOTES
- the 1h/shield version is now default for this guide,
- major tree changes have been applied,
- a Marauder tree has been added,
- other features such as farming guide, alternative builds can now be found in the opening post.

1. GENERAL IDEA
This build is [in my opinion] a very balanced comibination of damage, tankiness and fun. It offers you enough damage and attack speed to enjoy the game while it also has a certain dose of survivability. Not to mention the audiovisual effects!
------------------------------------------------
2. SKILL TREE
2.1 SKILL TREE RECAP
- 149% increased life (projected life pool: 5,000-5,500),
- 6,6% life regeneration,
- 168% increased armor (projected armor pool: 9,000-10,000),
- 46% increased evasion (incl. DEX, projected evasion pool: 2,000-3,000),
- 24% additional block,
- 474% increased physical damage (incl. STR), 60% increased elemental damage,
- DPS: 40,000-45,000. 2.2 BANDITS
- Normal: Oak +40 base life;
- Cruel: Oak +18% physical damage;
- Merciless: Kill +1 passive.
3. SKILLS
3.1 MAIN SKILL

Bringer of Rain:
- 1S: Q20 Static Strike;
- 2L: Q20 Multistrike;
- 3L: Q20 Weapon Elemental Damage;
- 4L: Q20 Added Fire Damage.
3.2 BUFFS & AURAS

1S: Hatred;
2L: Reduced Mana;
3L: Q20 Herald of Ash;
4L: Tempest Shield.

1S: Cast when Damage Taken;
2L: Enduring Cry;
3L: Warlord's Mark.
Note: instead of relying on CwDT casting Warlord's Mark it is also possible to self curse it linked with Reduced Mana and Increased Area of Effect.

1S: Q20 Immortal Call;
2L: Q20 Increased Duration;
3L: Blood Magic.

Optional (instead of IC-setup):
- Vaal Haste and/or,
- Vaal Grace and/or,
- Warlord's Mark (self-cast).

4. GEARING
4.1 RECOMMENDED UNIQUES
- Doryani's Catalyst: preferably 300+ pdps, 1% elemental leech and as much as 110% increased elemental damage. Flat physical roll is a key factor.
- Bringer of Rain: poor man's 6-link, flat physical damage, decent life and some block.
- Meginord's Girdle: additional flat physical damage, nice life roll and some cold res.
- Saffel's Frame: a very useful tool against spell-based bosses, requires swapping.
4.2 CURRENT GEAR
TBA

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LEVELING GUIDE
TBA

FARMING GUIDE
There’s several options to come into currency in Wraeclast. Below I listed the most efficient of them endgame speaking.
- Dominus: one of the best known ways of farming is going after Dominus. You can either invest in your own rarity gear as well as make use of the services of one the of Dominus magic finders. Pros: an endless stream of rare items that can be easily vendored for alterations with an occasional worthy item that can be sold in a p2p trade. Cons: takes time, Dominus service isn’t as popular as it used to be.
- Maps: another way to get into currency is chaining low level maps for rares and other possible drops. And as explained above, you’d vendor dropped rares for alterations that can be traded for chaos. Pros: gives you the feeling of actually playing and not only focusing on currency, you’d get some decent exp at levels below 80. Cons: after a while you’d get bored to death, rares and currency/uniques not guaranteed.
- Sacrifice fragments: as long as there’s demand for fragments you’ll always be able to book a decent profit. There’s different methods you can use in order to spawn corrupted zones but please, keep in mind that many of them are not allowed by the developers and can get you flagged, terminated or even banned, so make sure the way you’re farming frags is considered allowed. Check the board and/or Reddit to see what are your options. Pros: if done right, you’d get a very quick and decent profit, can be done in stretches of 15-20 minutes. Cons: not every option is allowed, you can get your ass banned.
- Trade: the moment you get some currency you could also invest it in trading, there’s a lot of people looking for occasions and then selling with profit. But, it isn’t easy and requires knowing the market and being patient. Pros: decent profit, after a while you can limit your activity to running a shop. Cons: you could be seen as scammer, profit not guaranteed.

FAQ
Can this build run Atziri?
Yes, this build is a proven Atziri farmer, after changes to flasks in 1.3.1 both the trio and the split-phase don't pose a threat anymore.
Why no Iron Reflexes?
After respeccing out of IR the survivability of this build improved significantly, 2,000-3,000 evasion with Blind from BoR appears to be an efficient way to mitigate physical damage.
Can you post a leveling guide?
No, I don't want to set fixed guidelines for this build, it is your and your preference how you'll reach the final tree.
Can you post some videos?
I'll see what I can do.

Last edited by Dzwonsson on Feb 3, 2015, 1:12:04 PM
"
Dzwonsson wrote:
I love this skill... my Meatballs Diarrhea build (currently level 65) looks really nasty. [...]

You made my day! Thanks! :D
One of the best names ever. Very nice!
Can you please post your build?
Build updated to version 1.1, all info included, new video of a complete Dock run.
You can throw away Melee physical damage gem and replace it with WED or Added fire, coz it has no effect on your meatballs at all. Also you can drop all nodes that says "MELEE" coz they not affect meatballs too.
ʕ•̫͡•ʕ*̫͡*ʕ•͓͡•ʔ-̫͡-ʕ•̫͡•ʔ*̫͡*ʔ
And here's where you're wrong sir. Because the meatballs deal 60% of all damage, so physical, fire and even cold from Hatred (tested). Also, more physical and melee physical damage > more hit damage > more meatball damage.

edit: just tested it once again, monsters hit by meatballs with Melee Physical Gem receive slightly more damage than when hit while using WED (for the record, my Melee Pdmg gem adds only 46% pdmg while my WED adds 62% ele dmg). Also, monsters hit with meatballs get chilled from Hatred.
Last edited by Dzwonsson on May 2, 2014, 11:35:39 AM
"
Dzwonsson wrote:
just tested it once again, monsters hit by meatballs with Melee Physical Gem receive slightly more damage than when hit while using WED (for the record, my Melee Pdmg gem adds only 46% pdmg while my WED adds 62% ele dmg). Also, monsters hit with meatballs get chilled from Hatred.

Of course they do, but this gem increase just first strike and only. And dont increase balls damage at all. I recommend you to read this topic, there are alot of interest experiments.
ʕ•̫͡•ʕ*̫͡*ʕ•͓͡•ʔ-̫͡-ʕ•̫͡•ʔ*̫͡*ʔ
Dzwonsson for president!
"
Dharmatrooper wrote:
"
Dzwonsson wrote:
just tested it once again, monsters hit by meatballs with Melee Physical Gem receive slightly more damage than when hit while using WED (for the record, my Melee Pdmg gem adds only 46% pdmg while my WED adds 62% ele dmg). Also, monsters hit with meatballs get chilled from Hatred.

Of course they do, but this gem increase just first strike and only. And dont increase balls damage at all. I recommend you to read this topic, there are alot of interest experiments.
I think now I understand what you mean. Melee physical gem/nodes increase the strike which results in higher projectile damage, but when it comes down to factors increasing projectile dmg itself, they do nothing. But it works exactly the same way with WED, so I don't know why recommend it. IMO stacking increased strike damage is still more effective than stacking only projectile dmg. And there are very little (if any) nodes that increase both strike and projectile dmg except of the elemental ones. And taking elemental (e.g. fire) dmg nodes is also less effective unless you take only top notch nodes e.g. 18% increased fire dmg.
Last edited by Dzwonsson on May 2, 2014, 12:44:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info