1.3 Blitz Diarrhea | Static Strike | Feb 3. Major Update!

Are you able to run grace, hatred and hoa together? or grace and hatred on and off depending on difficulty?

Also, have you tried HoA+increased burn+reduce mana+Doryani scepter?
You need to have a level 19+ Reduced Mana gem, and take one passive skill point in reduced mana reserve (as seen in his skill tree from the main post).

Level 19 Reduced Mana (72%)
Passive Skill Point (4%)

That brings it down to 68% mana reserved.

Hatred and Grace go from 60% to 40.8%
HoA goes from 25% to 17%

40.8 + 40.8 + 17 = 98.6 mana reserved.

Then of course you need to have Blood Magic in all your self-casted abilities since you have no mana left to cast anything.
@Bmei: you'd have to sacrifice 2 more points in reduced mana reserved + one of your skills to link HoA in Doryani's together with Incr. Burn. Dmg. And considering that we're dealing very little fire dmg I don't think it's worth it.
[2.4] Riff Raff - under 1ex Reave RT DoT Gladiator: http://poeurl.com/C6q
What items with the dual Doryani's would you equip for a more expensive build. Keeping with the same skill tree for the Blitz Diarrhea. If money wasn't an option?
Honestly? There isn't really anything for this build that can give you any kind of boost with more currency invested. Maybe a godly rustic sash with max phys % and max WED %... but a 24/26 one gave me exactly the same dmg Meginord's did, so your dps boost would be minimal. You can try getting a better jewelry maybe. Or trading BoR for a 6-link Carcass and Abyssus if you just want more deeps, but you'd lose some life and block.
Last edited by Weißenberg on Jan 3, 2015, 10:18:03 AM
"
Weißenberg wrote:

- Well, most people who actually never really played armor, may think it's useless, but it's not, around 10k it already mitigates most of incoming physical damage with the exception being certain map bosses against which you got some block + Rumi's and/or Vaal Grace. I almost exclusively play armor since Domination and I never died to physical damage endgame speaking.12-14k evasion and dodge isn't by any means better than 10-12k armor and block. People simply don't understand that as little as 8-10k armor and 30%+ block basically makes you immune to physical damage 90% of the time.

Yes, armour + 30% block makes you basically immune to physical damage. I never died to physical damage since 1.0 either, even with 0 armour. Cwdt + Immortal call = OP. 4 gem slots save you all your armour passive points that you can spend on getting evasion (which protects you from elemental damage attacks as well as physical) and acrobatics/phase acrobatics which effectively is 40% attack damage immunity and 30% spell damage immunity at less passive point cost.

It's really not that armour doesn't work. There's just a much easier and more effective alternative to replace all of it.

"
- Ondar's, can I ask you why wouldn't Ondar's work with Resolute Technique? Or did you mean Iron Reflexes? (Then it'd be true and that's why I don't use Ondar's) And why would I drop RT? I need to utilize the Marauder/Templar tree anyways (AoF) and RT is underway to a massive mace cluster.

I meant to picked Ondar's to deal with elemental reflect issues, you can't evade your reflect though if you have Resolute Technique. Derp on my part.

I haven't been keeping up with this build and don't know about any recent changes but seems like you got it working, so that's good I guess~
Good guides for a great build. I just wanted to share my version of the Static Striker using Doryani's Catalyst and Lioneye's Remorse shield. (1hander + shield build)

I took Oak, Oak, point. (I can take Oak for Merc as well, doesn't matter.)
Here's my current tree at lvl 90.
Here's my planned tree at lvl 100.

Here's my gear:
Spoiler

The stats:
Life: 6100
Armor: 13.2k (56% DR)
Resistances: 76/75/75/-60chaos
Block chance: 52% w/ Tempest Shield
Attributes: 551 str, 160 int, 111 dex (It's why my VaalGrace is capped at lvl10)
Life Regen: 296

DPS: 40.2k
DPH: 7.8k (75% of dmg is lite, 17% is cold, and 8% is fire)
APS: 5.1

Thought process:
I stumbled upon this build in my wanderings, and used it as a template for my own build. I suppose what really differs is my equipment selection. To counter reflect, having 52% block chance is good enough to deal with reflect packs, but for added insurance the Doryani's Invitation (lite vers) heavy belt is utilized. This gives me additional 1% lite leech as well as rez, str, and high armor. This and the Doryani's Catalyst mace gives you all the LL you need due to high DPH that's amplified by 5.1 APS.

The build came together by utilizing the new support gem Physical to Lightning, which converts 50% of phys dmg to lite dmg as well as giving additional 29% dmg as lite dmg at lvl20. Since I'm dealing completely with elemental dmg, I use the BM support gem as my 6th link to solve my mana issues. Links on Static Strike are Phys to Light, Melee Phys Dmg, Multistrike, WED, and BM.

My armor is currently at 13.2k, but will be higher once I reach the next few levels, but at this point it's not important. If I run into trouble with phys dmg I manually cast my Immortal Call linked with a 20/20 Inc Duration. I use the auras Hatred, Herald of Fire, and Herald of Lightning to add more dmg and AoE effects to my Static Strike, as well as Tempest Shield for additional block and MOAR lite dmg on block.

It's a really tight build that's tanky with good DPS. I haven't done Atziri with him, but I'm sure he could be atziri capable if I reroute a few passives into EC nodes. I've done all the way up to 78 maps on this character, and tanked 74 Dom and 76 Maegara, so the tankiness is legit. What really makes the build tick is the synergy with the Dory's mace and the belt. (Belt also grants 10% additional shock chance when using flasks - very helpful!) Add in the heralds, and it's complete.
For Ranger build tips, tactics, and critiques, visit this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69224
@Jul: Prior to the 1.3 patch I was taking two armor only nodes in the Duelist starting area and only because they were a shortcut to Berserking and the Scion life circle (the alternative was getting 2 x 10 STR nodes). Aside of that I only got armor from combined nodes, like the very effective mace clusters or the "no move penalty from armor" mod. After 1.3 I'm taking exactly 0 armor only nodes. The only armor I'm getting in both DW and 1h/shield version is coming from combined nodes (life + armor or block + increased defenses if going for a shield). While in 1.2 you could go for evasion/dodge with very few points invested as this build reached the Ranger area anyway, in 1.3 it's just too far away as I'm not going any further on the right side than Iron Reflexes.

I just tried Atziri with the static strike 1h + shield variant, lvl 76, marauder instead of duelist. It's definitely viable. I was able to reach 75% spell block using a lazwhar instead of my rare amulet and a Saffell's.

My gear atm is
Spoiler

Yes, that's a double legacy BoR...I assume it's viable without it anyways. But the legacy block one is definitely useful
IGN: AlrithrienDuelheartX (Low Lvl PvP-only), AryaShurtugal (lvl 86 ranger)
Did my 1st Atziri attempt with the 1h/shield version. I haven't done her in ages, so I got all kinda things mixed up, but eventually ended up with a kill:

If you decide to give it a try too, here's what works:
- run with Remorse till Vaal, you can ignore trash,
- switch to Saffel's upon entering Vaal room, try to kill them both at the same time, watch out for smashes,
- after you're done there, repeat point 1 until you get to the trio;
- kill the trio with Remorse, cycloner > titty bitch > dual striker,
- repeat point 1,
- Atziri, run with Saffel's all the time, you can facetank most damage... when she splits, go for the one with the spear (bleeding), get five flasks of staunching and you should be ok, 4 flasks + granite would be ok as well.
Last edited by Weißenberg on Jan 20, 2015, 10:17:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info