Dmillz's 1H Molten Strike Volcano Build (Invasion easy) - 1.1.3

"
Actkqk wrote:
I insist. I do not use the same settings, plus I play in standard, but for the last few levels I'm using this and my life and mana regeneration has been greatly increased. I recommend this instead of Stone of Lazhwar. Especially if you already have in use the Crest of Perandus...

The Anvil is pretty nice, however it doesn't help you against spells, which is the real killer for you late-game.
IGN: Dmillz
Why skip iron reflexes? Just focusing only armor in gear? Or don't think the mitigation is worth losing the dodge?
http://www.twitch.tv/johmasho
"
JohmaSho wrote:
Why skip iron reflexes? Just focusing only armor in gear? Or don't think the mitigation is worth losing the dodge?

Mitigation is definitely not worth the Evasion (technically dodge is different...). Getting an extra 2500 armor doesn't really reduce damage by that much later on (it's really good for leveling up though). However because of the way scaling working, getting ~1500 evasion means that I can evade ~20% of the attacks, which is pretty nice.
Hey Dmillz can you please upload a video of a high level map clear or even an atziri kill? Would like to see this build in action before I reroll my old groundslammer :)
"
yttuncel wrote:
Hey Dmillz can you please upload a video of a high level map clear or even an atziri kill? Would like to see this build in action before I reroll my old groundslammer :)

Hah I wish I could do Atziri. It's possible with this build but I don't play enough to get there. I'll try to get some high level map vids for you guys though!
I decided to reroll to see the build myself and to inform the rest of the community. I bought the advised items:
Spoiler

My gems on the other hand are not high level. I like to see the progression of the tooltip dmg with increasing gem level. Currently MS is level 10 and tooltip is around 4k. This is not enough for high level maps, so I hope this value at least doubles as MS gets level 17-18ish. I considered picking up the reserved mana nodes near sovereignty (top left section of our fellow galaxy :) ) to run hatred+deter.+tempest shield, but as far as I calculated, the left mana (around 80 mana) would not be enough to spam MS (which has 50 mana requirement). What is your opinion on this matter?
"
yttuncel wrote:
I decided to reroll to see the build myself and to inform the rest of the community. I bought the advised items:
Spoiler

Are you able to run on mana alone with your current setup? I recently swapped to BM because I hate having two pot slots occupied, and I also hate microing them. I can carry around extra resist flasks now, and overall play feels much smoother.

How is stacking bosses going? Tried AoF for that?

I too am concerned about damage. MS already forces you to give up on max block, if the damage doesnt ramp up with Doryani's scepter and belt I may just grab a BoR and go heavy strike instead.
"
Lowball wrote:

Are you able to run on mana alone with your current setup? I recently swapped to BM because I hate having two pot slots occupied, and I also hate microing them. I can carry around extra resist flasks now, and overall play feels much smoother.

With Hatred+Temp Shield and %2 mana leech, mana is definitely not a problem. I dont even put a mana flask on my belt. With Hatred+Determination however, mana is a problem as our mana pool is pretty low. But I think if the dmg goes up, the leech will compensate for that (afaik mana leech rate was %15 of max mana right?). So say I have 600 mana, 600x0.15=90. If %2 of my physical damage (which means dmg dealt to the initial mob only) is at least 90, I will have no problems as I guarantee max leech rate. Thus, Req.Dmg. x %2 = 90 => Req.Dmg. = 90x50 = 4.5K. At least 4.5K physical dmg is required to sustain 90 mana leech, which will be enough to sustain spamming of MS (or is it?). I hope my calculations are correct and do not confuse anybody.

"
Lowball wrote:

How is stacking bosses going? Tried AoF for that?

I too am concerned about damage. MS already forces you to give up on max block, if the damage doesnt ramp up with Doryani's scepter and belt I may just grab a BoR and go heavy strike instead.

AoF=Avatar of Fire ? I did not try anything different from the earlier post. I can not decide if shock is really that effective or not.
To be honest, gem level & quality of MS really improves the dmg, so I think it is kinda early to decide if the dmg is low or not. Currently I have not done enough maps to have an idea of the builds effectiveness, but I will let you guys know as soon as I do.
"
yttuncel wrote:
Spoiler

My gems on the other hand are not high level. I like to see the progression of the tooltip dmg with increasing gem level. Currently MS is level 10 and tooltip is around 4k. This is not enough for high level maps, so I hope this value at least doubles as MS gets level 17-18ish. I considered picking up the reserved mana nodes near sovereignty (top left section of our fellow galaxy :) ) to run hatred+deter.+tempest shield, but as far as I calculated, the left mana (around 80 mana) would not be enough to spam MS (which has 50 mana requirement). What is your opinion on this matter?

dont give up. ive similar gear and my tooltip dps is around 8k (lv18 gems + 20q MS). running 74 maps without any problems
@yttuncel: Mana leech is 12.5% of your max mana.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info