Dmillz's 1H Molten Strike Volcano Build (Invasion easy) - 1.1.3

"
Margambro wrote:
Ok can you tell me what setup is best used in Doryan's Catalyst then? I've never used it before. Thanks a lot

Literally anything you want. There is no setup. You do not give a shit about the proliferation.
IGN: Dmillz
is there no other colours that is mandatory other than 4 red and 1 blue on 5l 6s Lightning coil getting those are bitch already
"
Hectrix wrote:
is there no other colours that is mandatory other than 4 red and 1 blue on 5l 6s Lightning coil getting those are bitch already

You should be able to get them in under 100 chromatics I would imagine. However you could do 5R or 4R 1G and swap and Added Fire/Faster Attacks/Phys Proj Atk Dmg. It just isn't ideal.
IGN: Dmillz
I've just replaced the Pendarus Shield with Lioneye's Remorse, and can run 3 auras now. :D

Great !
lioneye gave you mana ?
finally switched to Catalyst

and solved my mana problems

have 160 unreserved mana, my MS costs 58 mana (attack time 0.22)

i run clarity on life (lvl ~10 atm but will level up, just started) and this ring:

i know this one is expensive and for Resulute Technique it might be 'expensive waste for useless mods' but I DO NOT run RT (i went for mid-crit approach) but this +mana and +mana leech are enough

however.. i do not notice significant dmg difference between catalyst and Soul Taker. it is ofc higher but difference is.. not that great as I've expected

i have TWO non-generic dmg nodes and probably this shall change but for people expecting 'WTF?' moments - dont. Catalyst is BiS for this build - for sure - but i think it is more because of extreme versatility than for damage.

also:

this flask.. is amazing for MS (non AoF) builds
Last edited by sidtherat on Jun 11, 2014, 9:19:34 AM
Deleted. Have a nice day.
Last edited by timbo1959 on Jun 13, 2014, 8:14:08 AM
Just RIP'd to Merc Vaal in Invasion...

Was a good run, thanks for sharing the build...
http://www.twitch.tv/johmasho
Just to be certain of this increased weapon ele dmg on gears is good to have for this build right?

or even better can someone tell me why my shit is fucking weak?

Gear

Passives
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwLYQ48G_ol3ycvKaUyCTJ-Nug6Uj38QXRCo0TnRmlHfkp9SshOKlb6Vw1YY1ivW69fP2VNZ6BqHmo7apNsRm5pbqpybHKpcrt0QXYIdit253gNeWh82YTZhymHdozPkc6ezaFtpBmkrKTCpzCoGKluq8W18rZBuc277byfvoq-p8APwQTG2NIh0k3V7d0N45_uDu8O8i_2SPcy9033vvzF

I know the tree needs some adjustments, but the dps output at the moment is ridiculous :S
Last edited by kussekurt on Jun 16, 2014, 4:29:53 PM
"
kussekurt wrote:
Just to be certain of this increased weapon ele dmg on gears is good to have for this build right?

or even better can someone tell me why my shit is fucking weak?

Gear

Passives
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwLYQ48G_ol3ycvKaUyCTJ-Nug6Uj38QXRCo0TnRmlHfkp9SshOKlb6Vw1YY1ivW69fP2VNZ6BqHmo7apNsRm5pbqpybHKpcrt0QXYIdit253gNeWh82YTZhymHdozPkc6ezaFtpBmkrKTCpzCoGKluq8W18rZBuc277byfvoq-p8APwQTG2NIh0k3V7d0N45_uDu8O8i_2SPcy9033vvzF

I know the tree needs some adjustments, but the dps output at the moment is ridiculous :S

your gems are very low level. Just keep playing. WED on gear is good if you use avatar of fire. If you don't (which you don't) then physical damage on gear tends to do better. That's what I've seen. Although you have at least one high WED roll. The other lower WED ring could probably be replaced with a physical damage roll ring. Same thing with belt. Rustic Sash because that physical damage is what all your dps originates from.

attack speed on gloves would help.

Your tree is a mess. some notes: Berserking isn't really necessary and is too large a reach. The path through armor leading to duelist is also not the best use of points. You reach for physical damage below marauder and for the 6% armor/life nodes which is a large waste. Those 2 dex nodes right there to connect could be the 1 strength node below where you could have gotten By the Blade from the bottom which is exactly the same but less points. But that's pigeon holing yourself into axes and swords. That's one example of too many to clean up the tree. IR but no Unwavering Stance though you are right there? Not sure how to fix that tree without spending a lot of regrets.

REMOVE the three dragons helmet. It seems to be the biggest mistake made by people. You must have a chance to shock in order to use it. Shock comes from either crit or static blows. You can't crit (resolute technique) and you don't have static blows. So, it does nothing for you.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
Last edited by Madcow1120 on Jun 16, 2014, 5:06:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info