Dmillz's 1H Molten Strike Volcano Build (Invasion easy) - 1.1.3

"
yttuncel wrote:
"
Dmillz wrote:

Ah ok that makes sense. I agree mana is definitely an issue (more so for some people than others). Proper mana management is a pretty advanced technique and a lot of people are having a lot of trouble with it. Running 2 auras is definitely really hard to pull off. You need a lot higher base mana (700+), and taking aura nodes helps a lot (16% above Templar, 5% in Marauder).

I'll try to remember to hop back on my guy and maybe make a mana management video. I am currently running a 5L with only 200 free mana and only 2% mana leech and I only need 1 mana flask that I only use periodically, so it is definitely workable.

The values you are speaking of are "nice" values. Achieving 200 mana with dual auras is possible with grabbing reserved mana nodes as you suggested. However taking those nodes impacts the damage even more, as those points could be spent to grab %dmg nodes. I think int or +mana should be more or less present in the gear to have 200 spare mana after reservation, however im not sure if that will be enough. After all, that one mana flask is still a must.

this bolded part is.. weird

your goal is damage. if you can reach the same level of damage using auras (or 1 more aura in this case) and using damage nodes then i think everything is ok.

this is like old naval theorm - you cannot have a ship that is: fast, armored and armed at the same time - you need to choose. and in your case the same logic applies - you have to choose what is your way of getting damage with limited points. personally i do not think that 4 passives can grant more than Hatred and some other aura can give. also clarity effectiveness rises with aura passives. MS builds are spread VERY thin. in fact i think these are THE most spread out builds since. and we have to select our tools.

as for mana - i still do not know how to solve it but in theory these 'reduced mana used' nodes between duelist and marauder (next to +30 int) look like a solution.. will have to check it. s
You can see my gear in the Current Progress section. I have 0 reduced mana nodes. I only run one aura but have no mana issues at all. And I fail to see how running 1 mana flask is such a big deal, it's way better than running a BM gem. Keep in mind that running 2 auras is very end-game and very gear dependant. It is a luxury, not a requirement!
IGN: Dmillz
i have no problem with mana flasks :) i have a 5Link Dominating Blow build on mana.. and know how to manage it.

however MS builds are SO SPREAD OUT that i still wonder how to combine mana management with my desire to go 'crit' with atziri mace (and romiras banquet that gives 60+ flat mana)

anyway, great thread and fine build youve got here. btw - for new players the 'leveling' section is sorely needed. mana issues in early cruel start to be unbearable if one 4Links his MS

btw - have you considered Rime Gaze as a helmet? i know that 3D is a very fine helmet but shock stacks are bit.. flimsy and maybe there are other options. just a food for thought
"
sidtherat wrote:
i have no problem with mana flasks :) i have a 5Link Dominating Blow build on mana.. and know how to manage it.

however MS builds are SO SPREAD OUT that i still wonder how to combine mana management with my desire to go 'crit' with atziri mace (and romiras banquet that gives 60+ flat mana)

anyway, great thread and fine build youve got here. btw - for new players the 'leveling' section is sorely needed. mana issues in early cruel start to be unbearable if one 4Links his MS

btw - have you considered Rime Gaze as a helmet? i know that 3D is a very fine helmet but shock stacks are bit.. flimsy and maybe there are other options. just a food for thought

Ya I am just too busy to get around to it :( haha. I have thought about Rime Gaze, unfortunately getting 4R in an pure ES helm...good luck!
how are u applying the shock when u have resolute technique?
three dragons helm + shock chance nodes north of templar
Can anyone tell me exactly what setup goes in Doryani's Catalyst to make use of the Ele Proliferation
"
Margambro wrote:
Can anyone tell me exactly what setup goes in Doryani's Catalyst to make use of the Ele Proliferation

You don't use it for the Proliferation.
Im level 71 with Hatred and Haste and I have 3,600 tooltip dps. This seems a little low? Here is my gear

and Passive Tree:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEABLMFLQ48FHEXLxjbGjgaVR0UIWAnLzJ-Mok26DpSPfxAoEp9U99VtVXGVdZW-lcNV-JYY1jbWfNbr18_YEthIWSjZOdmnmegZ71r2W5pcql0QXTtdPF253fleu982YCkhNmE74d2jM-PRpBVkc6bg5uhnrmezaIApKykwqcwp4SsqrvtvJ--p8AawQTEuMbYz2XQ0NIh1fjdDd7B45_krew47m_vDvAf8i_2SPcy-tL8xQ==

I can't help but feel weak in parties. With two 60% auras Im at 196 mana left, and without warlords mark I have to be very cautious with mana. This is my first character though and up until about act 3 merciless I sped through everything and never died. First death was one of those rare mobs that cause bleeding and I didn't even know how fast your health could drain from it. After getting three dragons I really didn't notice a difference in damage, how can you tell how much shock stacks you're getting on monsters?
Ok can you tell me what setup is best used in Doryan's Catalyst then? I've never used it before. Thanks a lot

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info