Dmillz's 1H Molten Strike Volcano Build (Invasion easy) - 1.1.3

"
Bash wrote:
I can run bm gem? if i have mana issues?

Absolutely. This is a guideline not a rulebook!
IGN: Dmillz
what auras are you using atm ? and do you have mana issues on attacking ?
Last edited by mopzi on May 5, 2014, 4:29:24 AM
"
Kiri2k wrote:
It's the same build i'm doing, the only difference i plan to use bm gem in the 5l (faster atk in 6l) and run grace hatred and tempest shield or ele aura, so i take IR, and i dont think ill take amplify. Im in ledge merci now on invasion, the hard part is getting a nice 1h.

I just ate it in merc ledge last night to a desynch in a pack of giant blue skellys. 58 :( Was using IB gonna try MS. Thoughts on it so far?
http://www.twitch.tv/johmasho
"
Kiri2k wrote:
It's the same build i'm doing, the only difference i plan to use bm gem in the 5l (faster atk in 6l) and run grace hatred and tempest shield or ele aura, so i take IR, and i dont think ill take amplify. Im in ledge merci now on invasion, the hard part is getting a nice 1h.

Please try out Concentrated Effect. It's really really good. Way better than Faster Attacks.

"
mopzi wrote:
what auras are you using atm ? and do you have mana issues on attacking ?

Currently only using Hatred. I don't have mana problems but I do have to run a hybrid flask. Currently the plan is to eventually run a mid-level Clarity off mana and run Hatred + Determination/Grace on mana.
Why would Conc Effect be better than Fire Pen? I mainly play casters and Fire Pen is always better with spells, I'm not really familiar with weapon skills. Can I see the math behind your choice please?
GGG fanboy
"
h55d wrote:
Why would Conc Effect be better than Fire Pen? I mainly play casters and Fire Pen is always better with spells, I'm not really familiar with weapon skills. Can I see the math behind your choice please?

I was surprised as well, but a 69% MORE multiplier is pretty damn massive, especially since it barely reduces the AOE. As for the math, if you check out this spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aola0b1my3YOdEpjNU03Zm0yejJqN2pDVlVaUjlkZkE#gid=16 that Fearmonger created (I've made a few modification to add Projectile DPS and to choose some different auras). Simply go to file -> save a copy. Then you can change the numbers and see for yourself.

Here's a quick summary if you don't want to do that:

With my current gear assuming I was using my end-game passive tree and using Molten Strike + Multistrike + WED + LGoH as a base, here are the following damage outputs.

Monster Fire Resist: 75%
Concentrated Effect (w/ Flammability): 7,295 DPS/Projectile
Concentrated Effect (w/o Flammability): 5,256 DPS/Projectile

Fire Penetration (w/ Flammability): 5,179 DPS/Projectile
Fire Penetration (w/o Flammability): 3,972 DPS/Projectile
Dmillz i used FA instead of con effect and on the tooltip gave me alot more dps
"
mopzi wrote:
Dmillz i used FA instead of con effect and on the tooltip gave me alot more dps

That's because Concentrated Effect doesn't affect the initial melee hit. Your tooltip DPS is only the DPS of the initial hit, NOT the projectiles which is where all the damage comes from.

Edit: Think of it like Iron Grip and Point Blank. These both also hugely increase your DPS but do not affect your tooltip at all!
Last edited by Dmillz on May 5, 2014, 2:35:14 PM
so better use con effect :D
Yes, with my current gear/passives it would give me approximately 1k DPS/projectile more with Concentrated Effect vs Faster Attacks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info