Dmillz's 1H Molten Strike Volcano Build (Invasion easy) - 1.1.3

"
kompaniet wrote:
Have a free respec on my old marauder. How is this build end game. 75+ maps?
Don't have a three dragon helm anymore. But it works just as well without right?

There is no required gear. I honestly haven't tried 75+ maps as I don't have any, but I was running 73-74 before level 70 with subpar gear so I would imagine it will continue to dominate them. It doesn't work "as well" but it works just fine. Shock stacking is very powerful.
IGN: Dmillz
"
zcrim wrote:
I need some help, this is my current gear, I cant handle 66 map, what do i need?

That is a lot of random gear. Look in the gear section of the OP. You want high armor, life, and resists. You want a bit of mana leech on something. You want a high block shield with a stone of lazhwar. You want the highest pDPS 1H weapon you can find, or a Doryani's Catalyst if possible.

What is your HP and resists? You should have 3500+ HP and max all resists.
Last edited by Dmillz on May 18, 2014, 2:46:16 PM
my hp is decent actually, 4900, resists are 75+, I also have the 2% mana leech on ring, for the 6%shield 20%armor node, will it benefit my evasion rating shield? I grabbed IR.

Can you link you gear in 2week right now and what you are capable to do? So I can compare.
Last edited by zcrim on May 18, 2014, 2:56:00 PM
"
zcrim wrote:
my hp is decent actually, 4900, resists are 75+, I also have the 2% mana leech on ring, for the 6%shield 20%armor node, will it benefit my evasion rating shield? I grabbed IR.

Can you link you gear in 2week right now and what you are capable to do? So I can compare.

You have 4900 life, max resists, and mana leech. You also have a bunch of armor since you took IR, and you can't do 66 maps? I honestly I don't know what to tell you, I was doing 70+ maps around lv65 and steamrolling them with much worse stats than you. A 5L will help you the most but you should be completely fine as is right now.

I haven't been playing in the 2-week race. I started off in it but haven't had any time recently.
Last edited by Dmillz on May 18, 2014, 3:27:53 PM
I only use grace right now, no mana to open hatred, so my dps is kinda low I think. Even the blue mobs will take me awhile to kill. As for the bosses cast elemental damage, like firestorm, I can't take the damage. I only tried one 66 map, and did only half of it. I feel like I will die if I keep going.

Above is the gear of my lvl 65 marauder. As I started this build with blood magic in mind, I didn't opt for mana leech in my gear. I'm using a BM gem in my 5L to be able to run hatred and determination both. I also didn't mind using evasion gear because of picking Unwavering Stance and Iron Reflexes. My 5L supports are multistrike, wed, life leech and blood magic. Have around 190 dex, actually providing nothing because of the conversion, which isn't good at all considering a 30% dodge rate could mitigate better than 2k plus armor. Problem is my armor would sit around 5-5.5k without IR and I'm not sure if I could survive the burst of strongboxes and bosses with these values. My resists including chaos are all around 75%, yet Piety hits me hard with her frost bolts. Other than that it's a joke but her cold damage is insane. Killed her easily when she entered her last phase.

At this point I'm thinking of grinding Lunaris a bit before facing Dominus. However I'm not sure as to what I should be doing with the passives. Should I really drop IR and US? Should I go for mana leech gear and not use BM? I still can't face tank some mobs despite using enduring cry. Using EW seems like a waste of time to me but perhaps I should also put it into use. Should I go for only armor when upgrading my helm, gloves and etc? My mobility consists of flicker strike and quicksilver flask. I still don't feel myself invincible though. Also would dropping the stun immunity be a problem while doing maps?
My current gears:

Spoiler

2 have 2 ring with WED but currently i'm trying to farm piety, so I replaced them with those IIR rings :D I still have max resist after remove those rings.

I dropped US, bring along these two flask:

So I can jump right into the middle of the mobs pack, Warlord's Mark, and spam Molten Strike :D
"
Nighus wrote:

Above is the gear of my lvl 65 marauder. As I started this build with blood magic in mind, I didn't opt for mana leech in my gear. I'm using a BM gem in my 5L to be able to run hatred and determination both. I also didn't mind using evasion gear because of picking Unwavering Stance and Iron Reflexes. My 5L supports are multistrike, wed, life leech and blood magic. Have around 190 dex, actually providing nothing because of the conversion, which isn't good at all considering a 30% dodge rate could mitigate better than 2k plus armor. Problem is my armor would sit around 5-5.5k without IR and I'm not sure if I could survive the burst of strongboxes and bosses with these values. My resists including chaos are all around 75%, yet Piety hits me hard with her frost bolts. Other than that it's a joke but her cold damage is insane. Killed her easily when she entered her last phase.

At this point I'm thinking of grinding Lunaris a bit before facing Dominus. However I'm not sure as to what I should be doing with the passives. Should I really drop IR and US? Should I go for mana leech gear and not use BM? I still can't face tank some mobs despite using enduring cry. Using EW seems like a waste of time to me but perhaps I should also put it into use. Should I go for only armor when upgrading my helm, gloves and etc? My mobility consists of flicker strike and quicksilver flask. I still don't feel myself invincible though. Also would dropping the stun immunity be a problem while doing maps?

Grinding Lunaris is always a good idea. This "guide" is a general guideline, not a commandment, I heavily encourage people to change this to fit what they like. What can't you face tank? There is some stuff that it simply isn't a good idea to do against. Just because you can face tank almost everything doesn't mean you should, or that you have to. Your stats say that you should be extremely tanky.
"
Dmillz wrote:
Grinding Lunaris is always a good idea. This "guide" is a general guideline, not a commandment, I heavily encourage people to change this to fit what they like. What can't you face tank? There is some stuff that it simply isn't a good idea to do against. Just because you can face tank almost everything doesn't mean you should, or that you have to. Your stats say that you should be extremely tanky.

The first time I encountered Kole in merciless, I just couldn't face tank it. Had to run around him a bit. I also had to kite some of the blue packs in Lunaris, and some also in a tropical island map. After a couple of grinding runs, I decided to use a quality warlords mark chained with cast on damage taken and smoke mine for blinding hard hitting packs. It feels a lot safer now doing Lunaris runs. I could even stand against Kole by only popping up one granite flask. Piety's frost bolts still hit hard though. Although she has become farmable for me, it now seems that I need to increase my damage a bit to increase the pace. Smoke mine is a great tool btw. I know, I'm fairly new to end game right now so I'd better evaluate myself after doing more runs, especially different maps.
I insist. I do not use the same settings, plus I play in standard, but for the last few levels I'm using this and my life and mana regeneration has been greatly increased. I recommend this instead of Stone of Lazhwar. Especially if you already have in use the Crest of Perandus...

Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info