GGG does ban bots :D

"
Dynuel wrote:
"
borek664 wrote:
12 threads simultaneously? 64 GB ram? Wtf, thats a monster, not a PC lol. Where do people get such machines from?

dedicated server computers

Guy was "playing" (if you could call it that) from work. Nice double-whammy if he also gets caught and fired.

Sounds the type who has never bought a single supporter pack, yet makes out like he and his ilk are the life-blood of the game. Also doesn't sound the type to actually enjoy playing, so I surmise his motives are more, shall we say, profit-oriented?

Explains the uber-rage, to me. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
He does have a bit of a point, to be fair. Without RMT, PoE's economy would be unsustainable.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
"
b15h09 wrote:
He does have a bit of a point, to be fair. Without RMT, PoE's economy would be unsustainable.

I'd be willing to see what an economy untrammeled by RMT could become. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
b15h09 wrote:

I'd be willing to see what an economy untrammeled by RMT could become. =^[.]^=

Ditto. Would make finding an exalt actually mean something, hopefully. Not the, "Oh, 3-20% towards nice upgrade" BS we get now.
hoho NASA like. must fly rockets to the moon.

i read it twice :)
I need more purple titles
Not much of a point to this thread but i like how it has a proper tl;dr even though you could have started with that.

Its been clear from the beginning of time that GGG bans botters.
Give me twenty minutes and I will write something up that sounds more believable, but would be just as fictional. ;)

But botting isn't the issue anyway. It's regular players who engage in RMT (both ways), and those seem to be getting away. Instead of more concerted action against this, a whole lot of design decisions since release seem all aimed at fostering and nurturing that aspect of the game, and I honestly don't understand it.
"
Mivo wrote:
Give me twenty minutes and I will write something up that sounds more believable, but would be just as fictional. ;)

But botting isn't the issue anyway. It's regular players who engage in RMT (both ways), and those seem to be getting away. Instead of more concerted action against this, a whole lot of design decisions since release seem all aimed at fostering and nurturing that aspect of the game, and I honestly don't understand it.

A lot of it only makes sense if I want to go all tin-foily. I don't, so I just remain baffled. Blue pill for me.
"
Raycheetah wrote:
Explains the uber-rage, to me. =^[.]^=

Yeah, people get predictably pissy when you take away their income. :P
I mean, it's illegitimate income, but it was still part of his income.

Good riddance.
Good read.
"
b15h09 wrote:
A lot of it only makes sense if I want to go all tin-foily. I don't, so I just remain baffled. Blue pill for me.

Yeah, but that also doesn't really make sense to me. It can't be profitable enough to justify the risk of discovery. Maybe it really is just lack of ... I don't know, foresight? Or perhaps they don't care and feel that they should not have to design around it. But that would boil down to lack of foresight again, I feel.

Anyway, you're right, it's probably pointless to think too much about it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info