1.3 The Community's Molten Strike, Face Melting Build!! 1h+shield and 2h variants available

"
Stochey wrote:
What kind of weapon do I need with that

A fast or slow 1 handed ?

Does it has to be only Physical DPS on weapon or some FIRE Edps or whatever Edps ?

Just trying to buy the best weapon for my money

Just get th highest physical dps weapon you can.any elemental damage on out is just extra, obviously fire would scale the best.
"
Restekpa wrote:
Yes it has,but the problem is my main geared weapon is only one in my inventory that has 5 links,i would need a good chest with 5 links at least,and for now i dont have enough currencies to upgrade it,on the other hand not one chest i have is worth doing so IMO.Mb i could try 3 link phoenix roar for auras and 4 link setup for MS.
About crafting,u think I should craft it for sell?I dont even know how to do it,is it with Masters,I mean crafting?
Please guys help me about my build,i rly want to do endgame :-)
As for 1 handed sword,i have one unique,although dont know is it good for this build?

5L chests are dirt cheap. You should have no problem getting one. a shit 5link is better then a good 5L. you have many options when it comes to making an OK 5L armour stat wise as well. You can roll alts for HP or resists, maybe get lucky with an aug and get both. Boost it with a regal then add a mod from your hideout.

beggining map 1h phys weapons can range from 3 to 10c. Should carry you through low 70's.
So I've been following this guide for a little while now, currently lvl 59 and doing fairly decent considering this is my first real go at this game past cruel. I just picked up these boots last night and was curious on your guy's thoughts on them? They seem like there a fairly solid option for around my level and from my short time testing seem like there actually fairly strong.
"
gorrath101 wrote:
So I've been following this guide for a little while now, currently lvl 59 and doing fairly decent considering this is my first real go at this game past cruel. I just picked up these boots last night and was curious on your guy's thoughts on them? They seem like there a fairly solid option for around my level and from my short time testing seem like there actually fairly strong.

The boots are not a bad option at all, but not super. Good to run with herald of fire. The boots will run into the same situation three dragons did. It will work vs everything but Atziri. If you have the resists and the HP already set, go ahead and run the boots. If not, I would slot boost that will help that problem first.
Last edited by Kartikdon on Aug 28, 2014, 12:27:52 AM
Ya I've been running Herald for awhile, the boots have great synergy. What exactly would be the issue against Atziri? I have 0 experience with end game stuff other than story boss's that I've seen so far.
Hey everyone,

I`m going to try this build in Beyond, but I`ve decided to try going for an axe instead of a mace. I was wondering if any of you well-knowers could tell me if I am losing out on something by using an axe? One handed axe+shield, that is. Thanks in advance.
"
Kartikdon wrote:
"
Restekpa wrote:
Yes it has,but the problem is my main geared weapon is only one in my inventory that has 5 links,i would need a good chest with 5 links at least,and for now i dont have enough currencies to upgrade it,on the other hand not one chest i have is worth doing so IMO.Mb i could try 3 link phoenix roar for auras and 4 link setup for MS.
About crafting,u think I should craft it for sell?I dont even know how to do it,is it with Masters,I mean crafting?
Please guys help me about my build,i rly want to do endgame :-)
As for 1 handed sword,i have one unique,although dont know is it good for this build?

5L chests are dirt cheap. You should have no problem getting one. a shit 5link is better then a good 5L. you have many options when it comes to making an OK 5L armour stat wise as well. You can roll alts for HP or resists, maybe get lucky with an aug and get both. Boost it with a regal then add a mod from your hideout.

beggining map 1h phys weapons can range from 3 to 10c. Should carry you through low 70's.

And what about endurance charges,should i stick with 4 not taking passives?can u explain why are we using maces for this build?also should i take unwavering stance?
"
MrAron wrote:
Hey everyone,

I`m going to try this build in Beyond, but I`ve decided to try going for an axe instead of a mace. I was wondering if any of you well-knowers could tell me if I am losing out on something by using an axe? One handed axe+shield, that is. Thanks in advance.
"
Restekpa wrote:

And what about endurance charges,should i stick with 4 not taking passives?can u explain why are we using maces for this build?also should i take unwavering stance?

Regarding why we take maces in the default build, it's because of the Doryani's Catalyst unique which goes very well with this build. There's nothing wrong with swords, axes, etc. though. Use whatever you want and just take the appropriate nodes instead. Personally, I take weapon-specific nodes very late in the build for maximum flexibility while levelling.

If you use Immortal Call in your CWDT setup, I don't see a need to stack Endurance charges beyond the default. If you don't, I think it's preference, but it's a solid choice if you play in such a way that you are likely to maintain the charges.

Gorrath atziri is immune to status effects making the boots worthless.

Restek, as stated in the guide it was to account for a catalyst. You can adjust for whatever weapons you want
A note on the skill tree, as far as aiming for level 90 (107 points). I've re-tuned my own layout of late, and after doing the math have come to the conclusion that it's entirely redundant to chase the Sanctuary block nodes - and Purity of Flesh nearby - unless you are short on resistances or are chasing the aura boosts from neighbouring Sovereignty. The Sanctuary/Purity zone is largely a holdover from when people were working their way up the left to grab the requisite nodes for Three Dragons. Now that they're gone, you're better off focusing your attention on the other side of the skill tree, because the returns are better.

To start, taking Point Blank from the right, rather than the lower left, is a prerequisite to start the process. Then you take the ten points retrieved from Sanctuary/Purity and use them to pursue the nodes on Precise Interception, Weapon Artistry, and Herbalism (the latter gives you in three nodes the same boost to max. life as the four passives from Purity of Flesh).

Cons - you lose 10 on block, +10 Intelligence, +10 Strength, 20% chaos resistance, and 22% elemental resistances

Pros - you gain 10 on block, +40 on Dexterity, 60% increased defenses from shield, 10% increased Physical damage, 20% increased melee damage, and some nice boosts to life flasks from Herbalism.

So it's a no-brainer which way to go unless resistances are an issue. 10 on intelligence is a lot easier to make up on gear than 40 in Dexterity, and Dex can become an issue if you're looking to run Grace at level 20, which I do. As for the issue with resistances, if you can make that up on gear look how much more you stand to gain for the ten nodes used. For me at any rate it's a non issue, because I geared for resistances quite a while back and in fact was able to give some 'back' in order to pursue other boosts on my gear.

Last edited by timbo1959 on Aug 28, 2014, 12:52:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info