1.3 The Community's Molten Strike, Face Melting Build!! 1h+shield and 2h variants available

Hello

i'm leveling Arsenaldo's version of this build and it works very well in endgame maps ( 74+ ). Thanks !
But what i dont understand : why am i able to do elemental reflect maps safely ?
I'm doing 100% fire damage.

cheers
Last edited by Maggsi on Jul 10, 2014, 9:55:02 AM
"
Maggsi wrote:
Hello

i'm leveling Arsenaldo's version of this build and it works very well in endgame maps ( 74+ ). Thanks !
But what i dont understand : why am i able to do elemental reflect maps safely ?
I'm doing 100% fire damage.

cheers

The reflects get mostly blocked. The hits that get through (25% of them) are subjected to your 78% fire resist. Now we are down to less than 1/16 of the damage you dealt out. The damage reflected back at you is 5.5% to be exact. Your life leech (2% from items plus whatever your gem is level at) is going to cover the reflect damage easily. Of course with the Aegis Aurora shield you'll also get your ES replenished three times for every hit.
@SteamPoE2080 & Arsenaldo : Thank you, that explains me why reflect dont hurt me.

Got this answer from Arsenaldo via PM :

"
This what I do when facing the Elemental reflect:

1. Swap the Anger Aura to Purity of fire.(this will lower your dps a bit, but more safe for the reflect)
2. Take 1 or 2 Ruby Flasks.
3. If you have 6L gem setup same as mine : Molten strike + Multi + WED + Fire Pen + Add Fire dmg + Blood magic;
Swap the Add Fire dmg to life gain on hit(if you have very fast attacking speed) or Life leech gem.

Step 3 is not necessary, unless if facing reflect + no regen.

When AOF turn 100%dmg to fire dmg, we only need to migrated the fire dmg, so it would be easy to deal with, this is also one of the reason why i go for AOF.
I normally just approach the step 1,character's fire resist would be 81% with Purity of fire, plus the build is full block build, so pretty much very safe. if u only have 5L we don't have to worry too much about the reflect as lower dps output can easy migrate by your fire resist.

hope this would help, gl :)
Btw I been busy in work, I would be grateful if u can quote my answer reply to the community post, tnx
Last edited by Maggsi on Jul 11, 2014, 4:36:26 AM
Hi. I'm currently leveling my new char with this build and I enjoy it! But I have one question. Which stats on Doriani's Catalyst are the most important for this build? How much I will need to pay for this item? I don't have currency to buy near perfect one so this information would be helpful.
Btw: leveling with Quecholli spiked maul is even more fun :)
English is not my native language so please forgive me mistakes.
"
Molagbaale wrote:
...Which stats on Doriani's Catalyst are the most important for this build?...

I figured out that elemental damage is not that important as phys damage.
Have 2 Doriani's :
with this one, 99% elemental damage, but lower phys i lose ~500dps

compared to this one :

Hope this helps.
Last edited by Maggsi on Jul 11, 2014, 3:07:44 PM
Maggsi out of interest what level are you, Im at 85 and having no problems with level 73 maps (highest that have dropped for me).
Also smelly 1 hint if youre going for rrrb slots on your rainblowstriders have a lot of chroms handy, I spent over 100 the other day and didnt get there.
I'm level 88 and did maps up to 78 without any problems.
Wasted around 400 chroms on my rainbowstrides and at last i kept rrbg.
My gear, some of the gems are only for leveling for another of my charakters.
Spoiler

Last edited by Maggsi on Jul 13, 2014, 7:59:54 AM
"
Fhark wrote:
Maggsi out of interest what level are you, Im at 85 and having no problems with level 73 maps (highest that have dropped for me).
Also smelly 1 hint if youre going for rrrb slots on your rainblowstriders have a lot of chroms handy, I spent over 100 the other day and didnt get there.

Mine took about 100-120 chromes for RRRB. So don't give up man!
"
Maggsi wrote:
I'm level 88 and did maps up to 78 without any problems.
Wasted around 400 chroms on my rainbowstrides and at last i kept rrbg.
Here are my items, some of the gems are only for leveling for another of my charakters.

In your helmet, why link Immortal Call before Enduring Cry?

...and "nice chest!" BTW.
Last edited by SteamPoE2080 on Jul 13, 2014, 3:32:30 AM
Yeah, my chest is the "nicest" worst part of my gear, but dont have a better armor based 6L.
Thank you, bought this helmet today and put the gems in wrong order back. Adjusted now.
Last edited by Maggsi on Jul 13, 2014, 7:59:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info