1.3 The Community's Molten Strike, Face Melting Build!! 1h+shield and 2h variants available

While trying to squeeze in two 60% auras and Tempest Shield I found out the hard way that Doriyani's Catalyst's elemental prolif does affect Tempest Shield. The 25% reserved mana is increased by forty percent. This required moving Tempest Shield to a 4-Link with the other two auras. It prevents use of the Blind support gem and it also saves a gem spot by not having to use two Reduced Mana gems any more. Fare thee well, Blind.
Last edited by SteamPoE2080 on Jul 1, 2014, 3:52:10 PM
"
SteamPoE2080 wrote:
While trying to squeeze in two 60% auras and Tempest Shield I found out the hard way that Doriyani's Catalyst's elemental prolif does affect Tempest Shield. The 25% reserved mana is increased by forty percent. This required moving Tempest Shield to a 4-Link with the other two auras. It prevents use of the Blind support gem and it also saves a gem spot by not having to use two Reduced Mana gems any more. Fare thee well, Blind.

I use spectral throw - GMP - Culling Strike - Item rarity. Though sometimes swap either culling or item rarity (obviously would need rechrome for that) for blind. If you don't care about rarity or don't need it then it's a good way to do things.

Also, you can use flame totem - gmp - blind - castwhendamage/elemental prolif/put in doryani's
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
I'm leveling up a new character and wondering what kind of jewelry should I use. WED? Fire? doesnt matter? I'm going to use Doryani's catalyist and belt with a 5 link chest for now. Somt of the thing's in my bank.
Well those first three pieces of jewellery look very good, as you get into the later stage (am guessing maps 70+) stone of lazhwar will become more important. Cheers
"
BigSmelly wrote:
I'm leveling up a new character and wondering what kind of jewelry should I use. WED? Fire? doesnt matter? I'm going to use Doryani's catalyist and belt with a 5 link chest for now. Somt of the thing's in my bank.

That ring is perfect for this build (The chest armor is very nice too). Once you have a Doriyani Belt you will see some very nice damage and leech from AoF keystone. The chaos resist will make your life a lot easier too, that's the only defensive weakness in this build.
Running Molten Strike on a 5-Link is perfectly fine, too. If you can't color your chest piece to be all red, you can run MS off mana and use a mana leech gem. The life leech from the Doriyani's sceptre and belt are enough to keep you safe since you'll be getting hit so infrequently.

Your blue ring "Virile Coral Ring of Coals" can be Regal'ed into something amazing if you get good rolls. With a ton of base life, you won't need to grab as many of the 8% life nodes and you can focus a little more on offensives nodes.

+1 to Fhark's suggestion that you will want a Stone of Lazwhar. Getting spellblock from that and Rainbowstrides is the way to go. It's somewhere like 64% spellblock with Tempest Shield running.
Last edited by SteamPoE2080 on Jul 5, 2014, 5:44:42 PM
"
SteamPoE2080 wrote:
"
BigSmelly wrote:

That ring is perfect for this build (The chest armor is very nice too). Once you have a Doriyani Belt you will see some very nice damage and leech from AoF keystone. The chaos resist will make your life a lot easier too, that's the only defensive weakness in this build.
Running Molten Strike on a 5-Link is perfectly fine, too. If you can't color your chest piece to be all red, you can run MS off mana and use a mana leech gem. The life leech from the Doriyani's sceptre and belt are enough to keep you safe since you'll be getting hit so infrequently.

Your blue ring "Virile Coral Ring of Coals" can be Regal'ed into something amazing if you get good rolls. With a ton of base life, you won't need to grab as many of the 8% life nodes and you can focus a little more on offensives nodes.

+1 to Fhark's suggestion that you will want a Stone of Lazwhar. Getting spellblock from that and Rainbowstrides is the way to go. It's somewhere like 64% spellblock with Tempest Shield running.

Thanks for the reply. Tried to regal the ring came out bad. I just got the rest of my main gear just have to get the boot's you suggested. Can't wait to hit level 75. Thanks again.
Last edited by BigSmelly on Jul 7, 2014, 2:10:30 AM
Finally beat merciless dominus with my two-handed version of this build! I had to equip two good chaos rings and use a chaos flask and portal out a few times.
I've been reading this thread several times and I'm still not sure what Aura's/gems to use. This is the main gear set-up I'm gonna use. I left out boot's and gloves because I have several options for resists. I really like Arsenaldo's set-up and tree but I don't know if it will work with a 5 link chest and Lioneye's.
"
I've been reading this thread several times and I'm still not sure what Aura's/gems to use.

Taking a look at Arsenaldos set up (page 65) is a good guide, kinda depends what level your at and even play style, (i havent dropped ll in a 6l for example.)
thats my gear and gems, you prob wont go 3 auras like i did so red mana, anger and tempest shield is a good way to go (if you go avater of fire). If you dont go Aof then hatred is good. On my boots you can see a level 4 cwdt I may replace that with a lvl 1 to keep endurance charges primed all the time.
Hope that helps cheers Fhark.
Last edited by Fhark on Jul 8, 2014, 6:02:52 PM
"
BigSmelly wrote:
I've been reading this thread several times and I'm still not sure what Aura's/gems to use. This is the main gear set-up I'm gonna use. I left out boot's and gloves because I have several options for resists. I really like Arsenaldo's set-up and tree but I don't know if it will work with a 5 link chest and Lioneye's.

Hi Smelly,

Arsenaldo's guide works great with a 5L chest piece, You can modify the tree it a little bit if you are going for straight armor. The armor on your shield makes certain nodes more useful and others less so, like he has a node or two with Evasion boost. Those can be either left out or taken last. And any nodes that give 30% increase defense from shield are great for you, take them! Of course from my previous posts you know that I'll suggest getting to max block and spellblock as soon as possible.

The way I dealt with using a 5L was to run Molten Strike on mana instead of Blood Magic gem. Since my attacks don't consume any life, it's easier for the 2% life leech from the Doriyani items to keep me full... even with no life leech in my attack skill. It may not be the best setup, but my chest piece is split AR/ES so I make due with what is available.

It looks like: MOLTEN STRIKE -> WED -> FIRE PEN -> MULTISTRIKE -> MANA LEECH

I'm not completely sold on the Multistrike, but its there and I'm dealing with it. You may be able to take out your Life Leech gem all together, try it and see.

The other links I am using are:
Tempest Shield + Determination + Reduced Mana
CwDT (low lvl) + Enduring Cry + Molten Shell + Enfeeble
CwDT (mid lvl) + Immortal Call + Decoy Totem
Leap Slam + Faster Attack + Blood Magic
Decoy Totem + Reduced Mana + Totem Resists

I cast that Decoy Totem a LOT in hard areas and when fighting tough bosses. In a party setting it makes everything much safer and faster. The decoy totem in the CwDT chain is redundant, but its easier this way than having to cast it manually once I'm swinging away in the middle of a big fight. It keeps all the mobs focused on me instead of the squishies.

Last edited by SteamPoE2080 on Jul 9, 2014, 3:42:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info