1.3 The Community's Molten Strike, Face Melting Build!! 1h+shield and 2h variants available

All of my currency has been from converting everything into fusings and selling them. Also selling regrets at a minimum of 3:4C, sometimes even 3:5C. I had a massive 16 alch drops as well, sold 2:1c. I have gotten pretty lucky this round in regards of scouring and regret drops honestly. I would expect to have around 30c on average by level 50. I have found zero items worth trading as well. Everything has just been converting all the currency I have found and selling it for chaos. Fusings and regrets. DONT try and craft your gear or link it. The only thing I save is chromes for coloring. Going into merc I will keep a few fusings on me but I will only fuse items that I buy in merc3 in preparation for dom and starter maps.

Looking at your stats, get that lightning resists capped ASAP. It will make the back half of cruel 3 a bit more manageable. Also I get more HP. If you are running The Community MS per the guide you should easily have over 2K.

MS is kind of like that Gatling Gun in FPS that you have to warm up before it starts tearing things down. MS takes a second or so before the rain of death starts to hit the ground from your first initial swing. Some tricks I will do if its a large group of nasty mobs is stand back a bit, and lure them to walk to me. Ill just attack the ground in front of me and all the melee mobs then have to walk through a rain of inferno to get to me and die without touching me.

Buy gear with HP/ressits. Get a 5L so you can drop the block magic passive, pick up the GM gem, and run grace and hatred auras linked with reduced mana. You should NOT be trying to run them with the BM passive as it will suck your HP and we cannot have that.

For gems, see the gem section.
"
Kartikdon wrote:
Multi is alway a great choice. MS gives .75% dmg per 1% I believe

Hmm, but since multistrikes quality adds melee dmg, the projectiles will get no boost. Right? This molten .75% is a bit confusing. It is not clear if the boost affects projectile dmg too...
Anyone else prefer LGoH over LL?

"
Rage09 wrote:
Anyone else prefer LGoH over LL?

Lets say you got multistrike and a boss.
That will be 3 attacks of molten strike which will or will not hit 4 times each time(initial+3balls). We get a total of 12 hits at best.
LGoH (lvl20=44hp/hit) will give 44hp*12hits = 528hp by the end of the multiattack. Mutlistrike attacks may last slightly less than 2secs. this could mean 264 to 324hp/sec
Life leech(lvl20=8.8%) with an average of 6000initial+9000proj=15000dmg will leech 1700hp for you. With a limit of 20%/sec of max life, assuming you got 3000life this translates to 600hp/second

LGoH will be instant recovery of 528hps. LL is a 600hps/sec. It sounds like LL is the winner but then again... you got... monster packs... where LGoH might dominate.
Last edited by Falcyon on May 25, 2014, 5:04:05 AM
"
Ghato123 wrote:
How do you get 50c on 50lvl ?
Trades or lucky loot ?
Ive got only ~50c on my Shadow lvl 70.

And any tips how to play ?
I think I am going little to brave and going on tons of enemies and die a lot.
Should i play more passive ? Attack once or twice and then regen, back, attack etc. ?
What I should buy for better preference ?
Im not going any auras becouse then i die faster becouse of reduced health.
Any good gems to combain with Maruder ?

Stats on Cruel Act 3
Spoiler

Items:
Spoiler

Some of your items are pretty bad; you probably need to cap you lighning res, and you also need to upgrade your low lvl equip with some vendor blues (roll + hp with transmutes + alts, and the +light res you need). Or even better, you could get some dual res + hp stuff for 1 C from poe.xyz.is
In Invasion i'm using
+
, which are both very cheap; i'm lvl 50 A3Cruel and i feel immortal.
For Auras, i suggest you to respec the Blood Magic passive point; use the Blood Magic gem (replace Weapon Elemental Damage with it): you will lose some DPS, but it's still worth it
Last edited by ishmael_ on May 25, 2014, 8:03:04 AM
I am going with 2h mace so I cant equip shield.
If i will remove Weapon Ele i will lose like 500dps, so Ill try to buy 5l Armor but its hard, cheapest one is around 20c with resistances etc.

And should I lvl up CWDT if im using this "combo" ?
Last edited by Ghato123 on May 25, 2014, 11:21:12 AM
"
Ghato123 wrote:
If i will remove Weapon Ele i will lose like 500dps, so Ill try to buy 5l Armor but its hard, cheapest one is around 20c with resistances etc.

you can get some cheap 5L armours with no stats for 1-2 C, and then get res + life from other items. (or get lucky and getting some res and life alching or transmuting the armour you buy)

with that setup personally i would level cwdt a bit, because molten shell needs levels to be effective.
Last edited by ishmael_ on May 25, 2014, 11:45:30 AM
"
Ghato123 wrote:

CWDT should be upgraded to reasonable levels. THink that molten shell lasts 10 secs. At high level areas the 440dmg will come so quick that you will be casting molten shells before the first one expires.
also.. I did not knew that cwdt can cast totems.
Last edited by Falcyon on May 25, 2014, 11:58:34 AM
for my BoR variant do you guys think it would be best to run a saffell's frame? The idea is since anything in melee range will be blind I can convert my block to take care of incoming spells. Just keeps me more susceptible to physical projectiles but i guess CWDT + immortal call would help vs that and any melee attacks that did get through.

thoughts?
"
Kartikdon wrote:
for my BoR variant do you guys think it would be best to run a saffell's frame? The idea is since anything in melee range will be blind I can convert my block to take care of incoming spells. Just keeps me more susceptible to physical projectiles but i guess CWDT + immortal call would help vs that and any melee attacks that did get through.

thoughts?

All melee attacks will get through. Bottom part of the unique says Cannot Block Attacks. So, that won't work.
You'd be better off using a stone of lazwhar if you want spell block. Or rainbowstrides since they have mana and resists (which you will need) but are ES.

But really, I'd likely take Phalanx cluster to get 12% spell block among other block nodes and any really good shield (armor with life and resists). Maybe if you have room use Anvil. Alternately you could use crest of perandus and whatever you want.

With any additional uniques (except maybe rainbowstrides since they have resists) you may want to run a purity.

I'm only level 77 on my build (non using BoR) and found residence dominus a pain. I think something like saffels would work great for that fight. Reserved for a situational defense and not constant. Of course when removed Grace and used Purity of Lightning (just for that fight) it helped. With flasks that's 92%

------------------
That new vaal grace will also be a nice support.
Vaal Grace - increased duration
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
Last edited by Madcow1120 on May 27, 2014, 12:08:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info