1.3 The Community's Molten Strike, Face Melting Build!! 1h+shield and 2h variants available

Now I got a little confused. I used fearmonk's spreadsheet for a while and I noticed that +%melee physical damage will not affect projectiles. It will be only pure physical dmg that will boost thos projs. But... Since base strength's boost to physical damage (str/5) is supposed to be melee (so says the tooltip), how is it that base strength modifies the projectiles' dmg?
"
Falcyon wrote:
Now I got a little confused. I used fearmonk's spreadsheet for a while and I noticed that +%melee physical damage will not affect projectiles. It will be only pure physical dmg that will boost thos projs. But... Since base strength's boost to physical damage (str/5) is supposed to be melee (so says the tooltip), how is it that base strength modifies the projectiles' dmg?

Iron Grip keystone. Without it strength does not factor into projectiles.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
"
Madcow1120 wrote:
"
Falcyon wrote:

Oh! You got me there, but then... shouldn't the spreadsheet count the 'melee physical damage' too? When i alter the 'melee' damage i get no changes in projectile dmg. This will only happen by altering the pure "physical" damage. Am I missing another thing here?

(iron grip is in true position)
Last edited by Falcyon on May 22, 2014, 4:33:57 PM
"
Falcyon wrote:
"
Madcow1120 wrote:
"
Falcyon wrote:

Oh! You got me there, but then... shouldn't the spreadsheet count the 'melee physical damage' too? When i alter the 'melee' damage i get no changes in projectile dmg. This will only happen by altering the pure "physical" damage. Am I missing another thing here?

(iron grip is in true position)

Oh nevermind. I saw that Iron Grip is working for Base strength bonus only :)

Thank you for answering :)
Hello Molten Strike community guide page! Just a quick question for anyone who knows, as I am at a bit of a loss here. On my way to level 75 to be able to equip a Doryani's Catalyst, I managed to get a Soul Taker drop. Now I'm not sure if I would still be gaining DPS from switching to Doryani's, as with Soul Taker I am able to completely forgo the BM gem on my 5L armor. Thanks for any input!
Doryani > Soul Taker hands down for Molten Strike
"
Kartikdon wrote:
Doryani > Soul Taker hands down for Molten Strike

Thanks so much for the quick reply! :)
Last edited by SassyBeard on May 23, 2014, 1:25:06 AM
40k with 1H and 5L? Dafuq?
"
SassyBeard wrote:

I'm going to assume you mean 4k. That tree is one way to go, however you have a LOT of travel nodes, and what is your accuracy like?
IGN: Dmillz

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info