1.3 The Community's Molten Strike, Face Melting Build!! 1h+shield and 2h variants available

Kry's New Project: BoR build - I came into this item and now I accept the challenge to use it.

Bringer of Rain + Carange Heart + Shield

4L: BoR: Molten Strike + Multistrike + WED + BM (until I can work it into MP) then replace it

Concept:
BoR limits us to a 4L. So we need a way to counter this. By picking up carnage heart we can utilize the nasty blind this build gives us as well as a shield to have insane defenses to allow us to drop LL/LGOH - welcome to a 4L world.

Sure melee physical is not that great as it only scales our initial hit, which does boost our projectiles a bit, but it does not play to the effectiveness of say added fire, wed, etc. This is why I will maximize our dps with pure damage support gems.

I am still working on it but I plan to drop BM gem and replace it later once I decide how exactly I want to do this. stack a bit of MP leech and grab extra mana reserve reduction is my main idea so far to give me enough mp pool to run it.

dual aura: grace + Hatred (may drop grace for the MP space)

also want to work in spell block.

from initial testing: the blind was a huge boost to sustainability even with the loss of lightning coil. I got hit far less so the larger hits didn't matter.

Feel free to follow: Kry_BringerOfMoltenRain
Last edited by Kartikdon on May 21, 2014, 3:42:48 PM
added the how to get chaos and gearing tip section from my claw build in duelist. Also put a progression status in regards to the BoR build with a from scratch start to prove just how effective The Community is even for a brand new player.
Last edited by Kartikdon on May 21, 2014, 5:30:27 PM
BoR nice drop.

In the variant I run I use a spectral throw - gmp - blind setup that I toss out now and again. I swap blind for culling and IIR when farming. It certainly does help so long as you don't go IR.

Didn't check the first page but since your build uses IR it may be worth noting in the BoR build that you are not taking IR as that would defeat the purpose of blind. That would help make it very friendly for new players.

good luck!
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
Just a quick question - it may have already been asked here, but I didn't want to work my way through all 50 or so pages this has generated!

As far as two-handers are concerned, has anyone tried using Kaom's primacy axe, which would seem to be a good fit - other than the slower attack speed and the resulting lower life gained from LGOH. For the DPS, it seems to be virtually as decent a bargain as Geoffrey's, right?

I've only been playing the game for a few months, and this is only my second build, and to date I've yet to come across any really potent single-handed weapons - maybe just my bad luck. So when you say that one should switch to a single-hand/shield combo in the latter stages of the build, what kind of DPS and armour should I be looking for respectively in the two items? And by that I mean what the weapon and shield offer up in their own right, and what you would be looking for once they're slotted in.

Thanks
Last edited by timbo1959 on May 21, 2014, 8:18:48 PM
"
Madcow1120 wrote:
BoR nice drop.

In the variant I run I use a spectral throw - gmp - blind setup that I toss out now and again. I swap blind for culling and IIR when farming. It certainly does help so long as you don't go IR.

Didn't check the first page but since your build uses IR it may be worth noting in the BoR build that you are not taking IR as that would defeat the purpose of blind. That would help make it very friendly for new players.

good luck!

I have not posted any information on my BoR build yet, just a progression section of my char to show new players how easy it is to start with nothing. Unwavering Stance is taken but will be respeced out of once I hit 67.

prediction on end result from initial testing: similar or higher dps build with even greater sustainability
"
timbo1959 wrote:
Just a quick question - it may have already been asked here, but I didn't want to work my way through all 50 or so pages this has generated!

As far as two-handers are concerned, has anyone tried using Kaom's primacy axe, which would seem to be a good fit - other than the slower attack speed and the resulting lower life gained from LGOH. For the DPS, it seems to be virtually as decent a bargain as Geoffrey's, right?

I've only been playing the game for a few months, and this is only my second build, and to date I've yet to come across any really potent single-handed weapons - maybe just my bad luck. So when you say that one should switch to a single-hand/shield combo in the latter stages of the build, what kind of DPS and armour should I be looking for respectively in the two items? And by that I mean what the weapon and shield offer up in their own right, and what you would be looking for once they're slotted in.

Thanks

Kaom's is an eh choice. It runs what, around 15c for a non 5L? I would check poe.xyz.is for rares in that price range, i bet you could find one in the low 425 to maybe even 450 range for the same price.
(a perfect Kaom's is 398).

for 1h dps: 250+ physical damage
for shield: this one is more about filling what you don't have already. need more resists and HP? get that on your shield. capped on resists and have dont need anymore life, get one with great block and with good supports on it. I am cheap and simple and would probably just run Crest of Perandus myself since I love the 40% block until i get a GG unique. my preference though.
Thanks for that.

On the Crest of Perandus though, are you serious? It offers nothing in terms of armour on what is essentially a muscle build, its only compensation being the life it offers up, and of course the block. I have a rare tower shield on hand that I used with my first build, with 800 armour, 24% block, two decent resists, and a little bonus on life and block and stun. Surely that would be better?

Thanks again
"
timbo1959 wrote:
Thanks for that.

On the Crest of Perandus though, are you serious? It offers nothing in terms of armour on what is essentially a muscle build, its only compensation being the life it offers up, and of course the block. I have a rare tower shield on hand that I used with my first build, with 800 armour, 24% block, two decent resists, and a little bonus on life and block and stun. Surely that would be better?

Thanks again

there is A LOT better out there... but like I said I don't need HP or resists so i just opt for the 40% block.
Last edited by Kartikdon on May 21, 2014, 10:36:12 PM
"
Madcow1120 wrote:
BoR nice drop.

good luck!

IIRC, blind works with IR. It doesnt work if you take Unwavering Stance

Bye
"
ThePlash wrote:
"
Madcow1120 wrote:
BoR nice drop.

good luck!

IIRC, blind works with IR. It doesnt work if you take Unwavering Stance

Bye

Yes, correct. Meant to mention Unwavering Stance too.

What I probably should have worded it as was blind works very well with evasion since opponents accuracy is part of the evasion equation. With IR you drop down to a flat 5% evasion chance so you're missing out on a big part of blind's effectiveness. Which is why I said I think it defeats the purpose (never said it didn't work).

Bye.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info