1.3 The Community's Molten Strike, Face Melting Build!! 1h+shield and 2h variants available

"
Madcow1120 wrote:
"
Ghato123 wrote:
Why we are going Grace if we have got Unwavering Stance ?
Evasion is for evade but Unwavering Stance denied evade ?

because this build uses Iron Reflexes keystone which converts All evasion into armor. Grace provides a massive buff to armor.

Thanks !
Finally someone answered me, not like questions in another build that been posted like 7.05 and still dont have answer.
I've been playing Molten Strike 1h/shield for the 2 weeks race, and I got to lvl 75 (started Ranger for the lulz)

TBH, i found its damage pretty underwhelming, especially when playing maps in groups, but I don't see any major flaw in my build/gear

This is my current build (working at the reduced mana reserved nodes to be able to run grace, hatred and purity of fire/lightning as needed)

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4B5wJxBLMFLQguFy8Zjho4GlUbrRvII_YnLymlMn4yiTboOlI94kCgQzFI7kp9TipT31XWVvpXDVfiWfNaSFuvXhNfP2BLYSFko2TnZp5noGoecqlyu3RBdO1253fleK5673zZhO-HdpBVkc6bg5uNnrmezaC0oW2iAKSspMKnMKeEqBisqqyvr-u0-bZBuc277byfwBrSIdN-3Q3jn-w47YPuDu8O73rv8PAf8i_zBvcy-tL8xQ==

My actual gear. 4L Molten Strike with LGOH, Multistrike, BM. Working towards a 5L chest for WED or Conc Effect.

Spoiler

Weapon is 268 pDps.
Tooltip DPS with hatred is around 2.5k

Where do you think i should improve?

Thanks!
Last edited by ThePlash on May 21, 2014, 9:53:46 AM
"
ThePlash wrote:
I've been playing Molten Strike 1h/shield for the 2 weeks race, and I got to lvl 75 (started Ranger for the lulz)

TBH, i found its damage pretty underwhelming, especially when playing maps in groups, but I don't see any major flaw in my build/gear

This is my current build (working at the reduced mana reserved nodes to be able to run grace, hatred and purity of fire/lightning as needed)

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4B5wJxBLMFLQguFy8Zjho4GlUbrRvII_YnLymlMn4yiTboOlI94kCgQzFI7kp9TipT31XWVvpXDVfiWfNaSFuvXhNfP2BLYSFko2TnZp5noGoecqlyu3RBdO1253fleK5673zZhO-HdpBVkc6bg5uNnrmezaC0oW2iAKSspMKnMKeEqBisqqyvr-u0-bZBuc277byfwBrSIdN-3Q3jn-w47YPuDu8O73rv8PAf8i_zBvcy-tL8xQ==

My actual gear. 4L Molten Strike with LGOH, Multistrike, BM. Working towards a 5L chest for WED or Conc Effect.

Spoiler

Weapon is 268 pDps.

Thanks!

The problem is using BM in a 4L. Molten Strike is cheap to run in a 4L, I managed with like 100 free mana and 1 mana flask. WED is a massive damage boost, I suggest trying that out.
IGN: Dmillz
Last edited by Dmillz on May 21, 2014, 11:08:48 AM
"
ThePlash wrote:

Weapon is 268 pDps.

Thanks!

Have U tried to replace BM with WED? See if this works with your current mana regen. BM is supposed to be placed in a 5L setup. Until U find that decent 5L, you should either run on BM keystone, or use a low level Clarity (lvl4 maybe).

I am Level 58 Templar. I can run Clarity4+Hatred+Reduced mana. I got a 4L MS+WED+MStrike on a 396pDPS Double Axe. I use gear (mainly jewlery) that add an average of 92.5 fire damage. My build is pretty close to the one u see in the first post. And the tooltip for Molten Strike displays a nice 6000+ dps.

Drawbacks? Quite a few. I compromise defense & resistances for boosted damage. That -for me- means I have to run on strong flasks all the time. I personally LOVE the micromanagement it takes to use the right flask during the battle, but you need to be a bit experienced on the kind of dmg each monster pack does to you.

That DOES NOT mean I will not look for a nice defensive gear. It's just that I personally like this kind of flask playing and I'll take it as far as it is playable. Maybe good gear will have droped until then ;)
Last edited by Falcyon on May 21, 2014, 11:24:45 AM
"
Dmillz wrote:
"
ThePlash wrote:

Spoiler

Weapon is 268 pDps.

Thanks!

The problem is using BM in a 4L. Molten Strike is cheap to run in a 4L, I managed with like 100 free mana and 1 mana flask. WED is a massive damage boost, I suggest trying that out.

I suspected BM was a massive DPS loss, when I swtiched WED with Multistrike. Unfortunately being in a 2 week race it's not easy to get my hands on a decent eva/arm 5L chest with the limited currencies, i guess i'll just have to wait for invasion.

I can spare the sockets, so i'll give Clarity+BM Gem a try and run molten strike off mana. That will hold back my plans for a 3rd aura, but whatever.

In the great scheme of things, my original plan was going Avatar of Fire. What are the things one must have before making the switch to AoF?

Thanks for advices ;)

Bye!
Last edited by ThePlash on May 21, 2014, 11:52:18 AM
"
ThePlash wrote:
I suspected BM was a massive DPS loss, when I swtiched WED with Multistrike. Unfortunately being in a 2 week race it's not easy to get my hands on a decent eva/arm 5L chest with the limited currencies, i guess i'll just have to wait for invasion.

I can spare the sockets, so i'll give clarity with BM gem a try and run molten strike off mana. That will hold back my plans for a 3rd aura, but whatever.

Thanks for advices ;)

Bye!

Don't worry about the aura, there is no aura in the game that is as good as WED in Molten Strike.
IGN: Dmillz
"
Dmillz wrote:
"
ThePlash wrote:

I can spare the sockets, so i'll give clarity with BM gem a try and run molten strike off mana. That will hold back my plans for a 3rd aura, but whatever.

Thanks for advices ;)

Bye!

Don't worry about the aura, there is no aura in the game that is as good as WED in Molten Strike.

I'd like to share the info that right now, activating Hatred I get +1500 dps. It's nice to run Hatred and it can run with low Clarity if you link REduced Mana to them. But You'll have to drop clarity for Grace sometime, if you are into that defense stuff.

But as Dmillz said... WED is the first huge boost!
im looking into 1 handers right now and i found alot of cheap dyadus. how well does the DPS convert from dyadus with AoF.
"
im looking into 1 handers right now and i found alot of cheap dyadus. how well does the DPS convert from dyadus with AoF.

Not well I suppose. It is said that Physical Damage is the thing you should look for.
"

what do you mean by cheap? I see a 247dps axe for 8 chaos. 247 mace for 5 chaos. 232dps for 4.

check poe.xyz.is it doesn't have to be mega 400+. I use a 263dps axe (until I hit 75 then I got a doryani) and I generate 6.8K tooltip with molten strike - life leech - WED - Faster Attacks - multistrike. also hatred aura.

It has to be Physical dps. Physical is what is boosted by 120% by molten shell (then 60% of that converted to fire).

Pacific (GMT -8) Time

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info