1.3 The Community's Molten Strike, Face Melting Build!! 1h+shield and 2h variants available

"
Madcow1120 wrote:

As for your tree you can work with it I suppose. Not sure why you went Unwavering Stance before Iron Reflexes.

i went that way because the build i was originally following was ALL armor, and never got iron reflexes.

and i can mess around with the tree, i would have went exactly like what your build has, no matter how much respec it would cost... what i really wanted to know was given both trees at their current setup, and my items/stats (that i can't post because it's read as code) ...given that, which is more effective DPS-wise.

on the surface, i checked the setup with both trees and it's only 100 damage difference on both the minimum and maximum damage, so i was lookin for input on the stuff you DON'T see in the tooltip or on poebuilder etc.

either way i'm prolly gonna go with this build anyway, it's more recently maintained and has more input, but i was just tryin to get an idea from the horse's mouth.

"
"
Madcow1120 wrote:

As for your tree you can work with it I suppose. Not sure why you went Unwavering Stance before Iron Reflexes.

i went that way because the build i was originally following was ALL armor, and never got iron reflexes.

and i can mess around with the tree, i would have went exactly like what your build has, no matter how much respec it would cost... what i really wanted to know was given both trees at their current setup, and my items/stats (that i can't post because it's read as code) ...given that, which is more effective DPS-wise.

on the surface, i checked the setup with both trees and it's only 100 damage difference on both the minimum and maximum damage, so i was lookin for input on the stuff you DON'T see in the tooltip or on poebuilder etc.

either way i'm prolly gonna go with this build anyway, it's more recently maintained and has more input, but i was just tryin to get an idea from the horse's mouth.

Hey Alex,

Glad you are interested in Molten Strike :) Your current set up is not in as bad of shape as you would think.

First thing I would do is transfer your armor/ES nodes in templar to the weapon elemental damage nodes and remove the bottom 8% HP node there, that one is more of a fluff point for later.

We are now at +2 points.

Next Remove the +cold and +lightning as well as the +1 max resist to each in the marauder section.

+4 points

I would then remove the IAS nodes north of Iron Grip.
+6 points

total: 12 points (assuming you have not used any respecs from quests you should have some left over).

Take all the nodes straight to point blank. This will fix all your DPS issues right off the bat and grab Iron Reflexes.

You are now in a really good place. If you want to spend an additional 3 respec points you can drop the 3 +HP + armor nodes in marauder and put them in the 3 HP nodes over by point blank. I personally wouldn't bother. Run grace + hatred auras.

http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgEAAecCcQSzBS0OPBLhFCAUTRiRGjgaVRvIJy8ppS3SMn4yiTboOlI62D38QKBDMU4qUEdW-lcNV-JYY1nzW69eE18_YEthIWSjah5yqXK7dEF07Xfleu982YTvjM-QVZHOnrmezZ_LoW2iAKSspMKnMKeEqBipaKyqtkG5zbvtvJ_AGsbY0iHdDeOf7DjvDvIv9kj3Mve-_MU=

Be sure to pick up lava lash as well. And later you do not need Diamond Skin in duelist, your gear will cover this eventually.

Straight from the horses mouth :)
Last edited by Kartikdon on May 19, 2014, 10:59:39 PM
Hey... let me see if i get this right... Molten strike's tooltip shows an average of 4200/s (+multistrike). Does this iclude projectile damage?
If yes: Since i got 6.9LL i will have 289 life leeched if everything hits?
If no: and 4200 is just the intitial hit, then the projectiles will do 72% of 4200 = 3024 dmg each? which means x3 = 9000... +intial hit of 4200 = 13200 dmg? And then LL will leech 900 hps?

Ofcourse you could just tell me that projectiles will not leech life for me :)

the tooltip does not include projectile damage and LL works with the projectiles as well. See the spreadsheet for your true DPS.
"
Kartikdon wrote:
the tooltip does not include projectile damage and LL works with the projectiles as well. See the spreadsheet for your true DPS.

Oh! thanks for this answer... So... With tooltip dmg at 4250 I get 6300 projectile dmg (~2000 per projectile). Now that gives an average leech of 727HPs if all goes well and all projs hit... right?

One other thing on my build: since I actually started as a fireball Templar, and I had taken the +AoE & the +eDmg nodes north of starting point, now that I turned to Molten Strike build, I will have to respec them. But I find those +eDmg points quite a boost. Do you think I could replace them with something better? and what is your opinion on the Amplify node? Its a +8% area dmg but that +12%Aoe reduces projectile dmg. Maybe in the end its like a 4% boost or something?

Also, I wondered in a previous post. So if you have the time , it would be really great to give some info on if it is worthy investing +quality on this build's gems! :)

Thank you and excuse me for these boring questions! I am just excited :)
Hi, I was wondering why we dont use mana leech on our gear and drop the bm gem from our MS. I feel like one of the biggest advantages of going with molten strike is that it is relatively easy to sustain through mana leeching due to its fairly low mana cost.
"
Ali_B wrote:
Hi, I was wondering why we dont use mana leech on our gear and drop the bm gem from our MS. I feel like one of the biggest advantages of going with molten strike is that it is relatively easy to sustain through mana leeching due to its fairly low mana cost.

Life leech is a huge factor regenerating your health. I manage to run 4sock. MoltS. with no BM, by just having a decent low mana regen and some Clarity. But when I'll start using 5l or 6l gear and start using two auras, then BM support seems to be the ...healthy way. Talking bout... huge life leeching...
"
Falcyon wrote:
Oh! thanks for this answer... So... With tooltip dmg at 4250 I get 6300 projectile dmg (~2000 per projectile). Now that gives an average leech of 727HPs if all goes well and all projs hit... right?

One other thing on my build: since I actually started as a fireball Templar, and I had taken the +AoE & the +eDmg nodes north of starting point, now that I turned to Molten Strike build, I will have to respec them. But I find those +eDmg points quite a boost. Do you think I could replace them with something better? and what is your opinion on the Amplify node? Its a +8% area dmg but that +12%Aoe reduces projectile dmg. Maybe in the end its like a 4% boost or something?

Also, I wondered in a previous post. So if you have the time , it would be really great to give some info on if it is worthy investing +quality on this build's gems! :)

Thank you and excuse me for these boring questions! I am just excited :)

Never assume all the projectiles will hit, they won't. The eDmg nodes are nice, and they aren't bad to get, but Phys Dmg nodes will provide a bigger boost. I am still unsure about the AOE nodes. They are really nice in some situations and I don't like them in others.

"
Falcyon wrote:
"
Ali_B wrote:

Life leech is a huge factor regenerating your health. I manage to run 4sock. MoltS. with no BM, by just having a decent low mana regen and some Clarity. But when I'll start using 5l or 6l gear and start using two auras, then BM support seems to be the ...healthy way. Talking bout... huge life leeching...

The "fairly low" mana cost becomes 64/attack in a 5L with Conc Effect. However I agree mana leech is the way to go. Some people don't like it and it doesn't work for them, me personally, I love mana leech with this! Ali_B he was never talking about Mana Leech not Life Leech!
IGN: Dmillz
"
Ali_B wrote:

mana leech / blood magic it's a gem slot either way.

I'm sure you could swap them just fine but with blood magic you will always be able to attack. With mana leech if you miss (piety likes to kite away) then you won't leech anything. Plus the leech mechanics are kind of annoying since they changed them. These small factors could cause stuttering on mobile enemies. Then again, if you have a large enough mana pool and/or good regen you'd probably not notice.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
"
Kartikdon wrote:

...bunch of useful helpful stuff

hey thanks a lot, that was a lot more than i expected! i was really just lookin for a yes or no, but the walkthrough is much appreciated. i've since gone and completed most of the respec missions and got what i need to make this happen.

Thanks a lot!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info