1.3 The Community's Molten Strike, Face Melting Build!! 1h+shield and 2h variants available

"
VictorDoom wrote:
"
Kartikdon wrote:
OK, got a rework in process thanks to both of your suggestions. By the way, AoF is a MASSIVE damage boost so you dont want to skip on that hdfwnb. I was going to take it later but with dropping the scion tree we gain life and about 30% damage. still no phys dmg nodes yet.

got to love dis community! great suggestions once again.

Give me a few to rework the progression trees

If you take AoF you will be forced to use a life leech gem, which means less dps overall.

Take the physical nodes for more damage and leech

i just took it out of my 2nd build because of the points issue to show the inferiority of scion l ife wheel to victordoom

i think aof + lgoh is the way to go, on sc you could maybe run carnage heart

@dmillz/fearmonger are you sure the calculation of aps including ias in fearmongers spreadsheet is correct? just mathcrafting with google calculator gives me a lower value but i might have done it wrongly

what i was actually trying to do with my tree was make a tree that has the same tree until level 60 for GS/IB and MS to check which gives the best results and then go along the path of the chosen skill

maybe we can get some mathcraft going on aoe dps for the 3 skills?
gs and ms are similar in that they dont need melee splash while ib and ms are similar in that they are both fire conversion based

what i really liked while a bit was the very low base mana cost of ms, maybe we dont even need blood magic

with this build (2h) i would include wrecking ball in the standard build

1h with shield would be interesting but maybe more suited for evasion block based ranger

btw: the ranger life nodes over point blank are slightly inferior to the marauder life nodes at the bottom left (you can get 2% more for the same points or 4% less for 1 point less)

e: probably just something mixed with the quotations

Last edited by hdfwnb on May 3, 2014, 2:04:11 PM
"
hdfwnb wrote:
"
VictorDoom wrote:
"
Kartikdon wrote:
OK, got a rework in process thanks to both of your suggestions. By the way, AoF is a MASSIVE damage boost so you dont want to skip on that hdfwnb. I was going to take it later but with dropping the scion tree we gain life and about 30% damage. still no phys dmg nodes yet.

got to love dis community! great suggestions once again.

Give me a few to rework the progression trees

If you take AoF you will be forced to use a life leech gem, which means less dps overall.

Take the physical nodes for more damage and leech

i just took it out of my 2nd build because of the points issue to show the inferiority of scion l ife wheel to victordoom

i think aof + lgoh is the way to go, on sc you could maybe run carnage heart

Err, you didnt have to show me inferiorty of scion life, i posted a build showing its worse before you. Page 16.

and throughout my posts i kept pointing out its not good, i dont know whose posts you were reading, but they werent mine lol..

And carnage heart wont leech anything when youre doing full fire damage, but on the other hand if you dont take aof with carnage and blood rage youll be having 20% life leech, im pretty sure thats enough to save you the life leech support, but it might not be worth sacrificing the amulet slot, someone with a carnage should test that.

I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on May 3, 2014, 2:11:44 PM
"
hdfwnb wrote:
@dmillz/fearmonger are you sure the calculation of aps including ias in fearmongers spreadsheet is correct? just mathcrafting with google calculator gives me a lower value but i might have done it wrongly

Pretty sure but not 100%. Its not like I thoroughly looked over every calculation after I finished. In fact I found very few bugs in the process of making it, but perhaps that speaks more for experience making this sort of spreadsheet than my lack of QA ability.

All of the calculations are there just unhide the columns on the right and bottom, almost everything is done step by step and should be fairly easy to follow (at least as far as spreadsheets go).

Specifically, total APS is calculated in cell I54: It just takes the weapon APS given by the user in F10, and multiplies it by 1 + the sum of their increased attack speed bonuses (J14) and then multiplies it by their attack speed multiplier (K14, this is only different from 100% with Multistrike since I didn't implement DW support). This resulting value is factored into total DPS only in one place, which is the final DPS cell (B38).

If you can find any issues with the spreadsheet just post here or PM me and I'd be happy to fix them but just saying "I don't think this works" probably isn't going to fix anything unless it's blatantly broken :)
Last edited by Fearmonger on May 3, 2014, 3:16:12 PM
MAPS MAPS MAPS....

Anyone doing the higher end ones yet? Curious how MS is stacking up? Clear speeds ect.
Sorry but I've looked through the OP but I can't find this:

After I pick up AOF, what 5 link should I run? Moltenstrike, bloodmagic, weapon elemental damage is a must and either LGOH or Life leech. So which of the rest is the best to add? Multistrike, fire pen or something else?
Multistrike

ill update to be more clear, sorry about that.
"
shahmat1972 wrote:
MAPS MAPS MAPS....

Anyone doing the higher end ones yet? Curious how MS is stacking up? Clear speeds ect.

just started to get into maps on my reroll and am steam rolling 6 levels bellow map level. just need stupid higher levels ones to drop.
"
Kartikdon wrote:
Multistrike

ill update to be more clear, sorry about that.

Np, thanks for making this! :D It's a really fun build so far
"
Fearmonger wrote:
"
hdfwnb wrote:

Pretty sure but not 100%. Its not like I thoroughly looked over every calculation after I finished. In fact I found very few bugs in the process of making it, but perhaps that speaks more for experience making this sort of spreadsheet than my lack of QA ability.

All of the calculations are there just unhide the columns on the right and bottom, almost everything is done step by step and should be fairly easy to follow (at least as far as spreadsheets go).

Specifically, total APS is calculated in cell I54: It just takes the weapon APS given by the user in F10, and multiplies it by 1 + the sum of their increased attack speed bonuses (J14) and then multiplies it by their attack speed multiplier (K14, this is only different from 100% with Multistrike since I didn't implement DW support). This resulting value is factored into total DPS only in one place, which is the final DPS cell (B38).

If you can find any issues with the spreadsheet just post here or PM me and I'd be happy to fix them but just saying "I don't think this works" probably isn't going to fix anything unless it's blatantly broken :)

I went through your calculations pretty thoroughly yesterday and they seemed to be spot on.
IGN: Dmillz
Currently using this build at lvl 72, using AoF and LGoH as a support in my tabula. I was just wondering what everybodys thoughts on running doryani's catalyst with AoF is? and also if it is worth it, what would be good to run on the offhand?

Last edited by Ali_B on May 3, 2014, 7:44:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info