1.3 The Community's Molten Strike, Face Melting Build!! 1h+shield and 2h variants available

"
Kartikdon wrote:
"
hdfwnb wrote:
Why are we not taking the increased Physical Damage with Maces nodes? Some of them are so good and it doesnt state melee in the description.

Think this Skilltree is better, because it cuts out inefficient berserking and scion life wheel

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYYz38jM_2SF8_458nL-8OvJ-krPIvqBhqHtIhns1251cNpzCRztlhAecUILvtqXP8iTboUEf3MjkO6wlkozpSGJFyqQmWGlUyfg48rKp82ScgYSGfy1HmWfOE7xLhh2q0L8AadO2QbEE_5K2QVWaeeu-plN7Bp4T60q-NYEuE2Ro4NukFLW5pJd9lTew4JKrjar6nR3462FfiGYXSTavFLdJ35TKJGmzADwSz893V7RRN8B8CcWqTogCpaLZBTipbryml3Q38xVb6Z6CKInRBh3bA86TCSn189cCm

Hi hdfwnb,

Sorry but I wouldn't say this tree is better, its just different and tailored to your specific wants. That is the greatness of this build is that there is so much versatility. But for the average, the hardcore, and or poor/just starting player I do not recommend dropping the extra health. The reason we go through the scion tree is because molten strike does not need the damage nodes at all. Why boost the damage of a set up that is already one shot most everything and downs bosses in seconds while face tanking them by just using any half decent crafted blue weapon?

The scion section provides us with more sustainability and the IAS provides us with some very useful maneuverability to push us out of the animation lock that multi strike puts us in. This is very helpful to not get slammed by vaal's smash or dom's punch. We take these damage nodes after 100 points anyways.

"
VictorDoom wrote:

hey guys, i think i might have found a better route with the same amount of points

http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgEAAecCcQSzBS0OPBLhFE0WbxjbGYUaOBpVGmwdFCFgI_YkqicvKaUt0jJ-Mok0jjboNuk6UjrYPfxAoEE_Qo5KfU4qUeZVxlb6Vw1X4lhjWfNaSFuvXz9gS2EhZKNmnmegah5yqXTtdPF253fleu982Xz1hO-GO4d2iiKMz49GkFWRzp7Nn8uiAKSspzCnhKgYqWisqrQvu-28n8AawKbA88bYz2XQ0NIh3Q3eweNq45_krew47g7vDu_w8B_yL_Pd9kj3MvrS_MU=

Slightly more life, a lot more increased physical damage, all endurance charges, twice the armor and some chaos rez, but 1% less regen and 15% less IAS, i think its a good trade off though, this way you gain a lot more dps and tankyness because of the endurance charges and armor.

A very interesting take and indeed very viable.

Again the reason we do not take damage nodes in the first 100 points is cause we really really don't need them. The first variant ran 300% HP but we toned it down to around 260%. Shoot we can get it upwards of almost 400% HP, not a bad idea for HC players since the damage is pretty set as is. But I have never been sold on the duelist section to begin with and I haven't taken it myself yet either. I do not suggest most people dropping the scion HP and IAS for reasons already stated, mostly to help support pushing people out of the Multistrike animation and dodging key telegraphed attacks that could one shot them.

The duelist section is a bit of HP, a bit of utility, a bit of damage. One can easily drop it and pick up the wrecking ball wheel and the life nodes above point blank. But be sure to add point blank back into your build, that is a must have. No matter how many damage nodes you take, point blank is supreme.

way to play off my insecurities with the duelist section :P

The Build i posted has more life and more Damage

if you want as -> go for Wrecking Ball and the 3x3 As nodes next to it or the 2 handed 4as nodes

if you want more HP -> get the 2 wheels top left from unwavering stance and the one over point blank

berserking and scion life wheel is a very very bad as/point and hp/point investment

you take 13 nodes for 18 as and 34% life and Path of the Warrior, that's way below average

I would usually never grab nodes that (including the way) give less than slightly below 4% as or 8% hp
"
Kartikdon wrote:

"
VictorDoom wrote:

hey guys, i think i might have found a better route with the same amount of points

http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgEAAecCcQSzBS0OPBLhFE0WbxjbGYUaOBpVGmwdFCFgI_YkqicvKaUt0jJ-Mok0jjboNuk6UjrYPfxAoEE_Qo5KfU4qUeZVxlb6Vw1X4lhjWfNaSFuvXz9gS2EhZKNmnmegah5yqXTtdPF253fleu982Xz1hO-GO4d2iiKMz49GkFWRzp7Nn8uiAKSspzCnhKgYqWisqrQvu-28n8AawKbA88bYz2XQ0NIh3Q3eweNq45_krew47g7vDu_w8B_yL_Pd9kj3MvrS_MU=

Slightly more life, a lot more increased physical damage, all endurance charges, twice the armor and some chaos rez, but 1% less regen and 15% less IAS, i think its a good trade off though, this way you gain a lot more dps and tankyness because of the endurance charges and armor.

Again the reason we do not take damage nodes in the first 100 points is cause we really really don't need them. The first variant ran 300% HP but we toned it down to around 260%. Shoot we can get it upwards of almost 400% HP, not a bad idea for HC players since the damage is pretty set as is. But I have never been sold on the duelist section to begin with and I haven't taken it myself yet either. I do not suggest most people dropping the scion HP and IAS for reasons already stated, mostly to help support pushing people out of the Multistrike animation and dodging key telegraphed attacks that could one shot them.

The duelist section is a bit of HP, a bit of utility, a bit of damage. One can easily drop it and pick up the wrecking ball wheel and the life nodes above point blank. But be sure to add point blank back into your build, that is a must have. No matter how many damage nodes you take, point blank is supreme.

Ah yeah, forgot about point blank, best to sacrifice the templar endurance charge for it then.

And about the damage, you really need it actually, molten strike converts 60% of phys dmg to fire, this means only 40% of your damage is physical, which means you need quite a bit of it to leech without having to use a life leech or life on hit gem. And increasing your physical damage also increases the fire damage because the increase is applied before the conversion.

In high level maps, 76+, there wont be much 1 shotting going on without some good increases, so you need it, to leech and to kill everything a lot easier

Plus, with what i linked, you get more damage and more survivability. With conversion skills more damage is never a danger for reflect because the damage gets reduced by both armor and resistances, so youre never going to kill yourself, even on double reflect.

I really advise against the duelist section, grabbing the route i linked means you can get more life/damage/armor with the points that are left

And same with the scion life/IAS wheel, while the IAS is good, the life is not so good, and its a very high point investment when one can get more life and more dps with the same amount of nodes, while it looks good its pretty much a trap for many builds that dont go in that general direction.

"
hdfwnb wrote:

if you want as -> go for Wrecking Ball and the 3x3 As nodes next to it or the 2 handed 4as nodes

if you want more HP -> get the 2 wheels top left from unwavering stance and the one over point blank

berserking and scion life wheel is a very very bad as/point and hp/point investment

you take 13 nodes for 18 as and 34% life and Path of the Warrior, that's way below average

I would usually never grab nodes that (including the way) give less than slightly below 4% as or 8% hp

The build you posted has 11 more points than the one posted in the guide, its obviously going to be better with 11 more points.
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on May 3, 2014, 12:11:18 PM
"
VictorDoom wrote:
"
Kartikdon wrote:

"
VictorDoom wrote:

Ah yeah, forgot about point blank, best to sacrifice the templar endurance charge for it then.

And about the damage, you really need it actually, molten strike converts 60% of phys dmg to fire, this means only 40% of your damage is physical, which means you need quite a bit of it to leech without having to use a life leech or life on hit gem. And increasing your physical damage also increases the fire damage because the increase is applied before the conversion.

In high level maps, 76+, there wont be much 1 shotting going on without some good increases, so you need it, to leech and to kill everything a lot easier

Plus, with what i linked, you get more damage and more survivability. With conversion skills more damage is never a danger for reflect because the damage gets reduced by both armor and resistances, so youre never going to kill yourself, even on double reflect.

I really advise against the duelist section, grabbing the route i linked means you can get more life/damage/armor with the points that are left

And same with the scion life/IAS wheel, while the IAS is good, the life is not so good, and its a very high point investment when one can get more life and more dps with the same amount of nodes, while it looks good its pretty much a trap for many builds that dont go in that general direction.

"
hdfwnb wrote:

The build you posted has 11 more points than the one posted in the guide, its obviously going to be better with 11 more points.

Cut the build down to not contain some of the dmg and the endurance charges just for the sake of comparing it
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYYz38jM_2SF8_458nL-8OvJ-krPIvqBhqHtIhns1251cNpzCRzgHnFCByu7vtNuhQR7nN9zJkozpSGJFyqRpVMn4OPKyqfNlhIZ_LUeZZ84Tvh2q0L8AadO2QbEE_kFVmnnrvqZSnhPrSYEuE2Ro4NukFLW5pJd9lTew4JKrjar6nR35X4hmF0k2rxXflMokabMAPBLPz3dXtFE3wHwJxapOiAKlotkFOKluvKaXdDfzFVvpnoIoidEGHdsDzpMJKfXz1wKY=

could even cut out 3 more and still have better life and dmg
Last edited by hdfwnb on May 3, 2014, 12:16:40 PM
OK, got a rework in process thanks to both of your suggestions. By the way, AoF is a MASSIVE damage boost so you dont want to skip on that hdfwnb. I was going to take it later but with dropping the scion tree we gain life and about 30% damage. still no phys dmg nodes yet.

got to love dis community! great suggestions once again.

Give me a few to rework the progression trees
Last edited by Kartikdon on May 3, 2014, 12:46:28 PM
"
Kartikdon wrote:
OK, got a rework in process thanks to both of your suggestions. By the way, AoF is a MASSIVE damage boost so you dont want to skip on that hdfwnb. I was going to take it later but with dropping the scion tree we gain life and about 30% damage. still no phys dmg nodes yet.

If you take AoF you will be forced to use a life leech gem, which means less dps overall.

Take the physical nodes for more damage and leech
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
"
VictorDoom wrote:
"
Kartikdon wrote:

If you take AoF you will be forced to use a life leech gem, which means less dps overall.

Take the physical nodes for more damage and leech

You will be forced to anyways. With the life leech nerf there's no way you'll get enough life leech from your physical damage since only 40% of the skill is physical.

"
dro_13 wrote:
I'm scared by playing 2 handed, is it safe enough in invasion (not talking about the lvling part but in 72+ maps)

I wouldn't run a 2h in Invasion but you might be able to make it work with this build since it's so tanky. However you lose a lot of defence not being able to block! If you want a good 1h variable check out my tree here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/911916
IGN: Dmillz
Last edited by Dmillz on May 3, 2014, 12:54:22 PM
"
Dmillz wrote:
"
VictorDoom wrote:

You will be forced to anyways. With the life leech nerf there's no way you'll get enough life leech from your physical damage since only 40% of the skill is physical.

"
dro_13 wrote:
I'm scared by playing 2 handed, is it safe enough in invasion (not talking about the lvling part but in 72+ maps)

I wouldn't run a 2h in Invasion but you might be able to make it work with this build since it's so tanky. However you lose a lot of defence not being able to block! If you want a good 1h variable check out my tree here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/911916

The man speaks the truth. I have tested the viability of the phys. life leech and it really drops by the end of merc. not viable for maps at all. (I had 10% phys life leech). LL gem is a requirement but you may be able to run a thief's prismatic. (I wont be spending 2ex to test this so if someone has one they can test for me or trust me to borrow that be great... obviously there is trade offs gearing wise due to 1 less ring but opens a gem slot. always pros and cons...also its only like what, 31LGOH?).

This build is very viable now to run a 1H+shield. with the most recent changes the back bone of the build drops to 220%HP @ 83 points. This gives you a LOT of play room to load up on shields. Dmillz has a very nice set up for 1h + shield though.

Here is a 250% HP with +33% Block @ 101 points using this guide.
Last edited by Kartikdon on May 3, 2014, 1:04:03 PM
"
Kartikdon wrote:

The man speaks the truth. I have tested the viability of the phys. life leech and it really drops by the end of merc. not viable for maps at all. (I had 10% phys life leech). LL gem is a requirement but you may be able to run a thief's prismatic. (I wont be spending 2ex to test this so if someone has one they can test for me or trust me to borrow that be great... obviously there is trade offs gearing wise due to 1 less ring but opens a gem slot. always pros and cons...also its only like what, 31LGOH?).

This build is very viable now to run a 1H+shield. with the most recent changes the back bone of the build drops to 220%HP @ 83 points. This gives you a LOT of play room to load up on shields. Dmillz has a very nice set up for 1h + shield though.

Here is a 250% HP with +33% Block @ 101 points using this guide.

Which is why i linked the build with 200% IPD, so you can actually leech without having to sacrifice a gem slot

of course you cant leech if you get almost no IPD from tree
Last edited by VictorDoom on May 3, 2014, 1:09:57 PM
updated build and progession
"
VictorDoom wrote:
Which is why i linked the build with 200% IPD, so you can actually leech without having to sacrifice a gem slot

You are missing the point. Only 40% of your damage is physical. With 230% inc physical and using a huge 2h weapon you will be doing a whopping...2k physical/second max (in 4 hits), generating less than 200 hp/second. That's almost nothing in maps.

Check out Fearmongers spreadsheet linked in the OP.
IGN: Dmillz

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info