1.3 The Community's Molten Strike, Face Melting Build!! 1h+shield and 2h variants available

anyone tried phys proj gem with it?
Hey guys, really appreciate the discussion on how to maximize the potential of this awesome new skill. I managed to get into the low 40s so far with only Molten Strike + WED + Fire Penetration + Conc Effect. (Just remembered that I have a character who hasn't taken their last Fixture of Fate reward so I'll probably grab multistrike and swap that in instead next time I play.)

Here's a link to my take on a 1-handed mace stun & shield version I've been attempting to follow. The idea was to switch to heavy strike + stun + faster attacks for bosses and such, but the stun part won't really come into play until really late game.

Blood Magic probably works better, but taking a bunch of the reduced mana cost of skills nodes can make the build workable during leveling.
Unlimited Blade Works - Illya (Animate Weapon Ranger)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1063521
"
darkmag07 wrote:
Hey guys, really appreciate the discussion on how to maximize the potential of this awesome new skill. I managed to get into the low 40s so far with only Molten Strike + WED + Fire Penetration + Conc Effect. (Just remembered that I have a character who hasn't taken their last Fixture of Fate reward so I'll probably grab multistrike and swap that in instead next time I play.)

Here's a link to my take on a 1-handed mace stun & shield version I've been attempting to follow. The idea was to switch to heavy strike + stun + faster attacks for bosses and such, but the stun part won't really come into play until really late game.

Blood Magic probably works better, but taking a bunch of the reduced mana cost of skills nodes can make the build workable during leveling.

I wouldn't run Heavy Strike. Molten Strike will do more single target DPS, it's insane.
IGN: Dmillz
I already have a solid build with molten strike and tested, 250k dps with 13k armor but not with marauder. Peity 1-2 secs kill, dom.1-2 secs kill per form but in merciless though didnt tried peity and domi maps.
IGN: JuanTamod / Epic_Hero
Last edited by JuanTamod on May 2, 2014, 10:45:53 PM
"
Dumblet wrote:
anyone tried phys proj gem with it?

it doesn't compare to any of the listed gems.

@Dark, Dmillz is correct about ditching heavy strike. Molten Strike is a one skill wonder.
Last edited by Kartikdon on May 2, 2014, 11:13:10 PM
Great job everyone, we have been noticed and added to the marauder build list sticky!
are u sure that phys proj don't compare? it's also a more modifier, so it's almost a conc effect without the reduced radius
"
Dumblet wrote:
are u sure that phys proj don't compare? it's also a more modifier, so it's almost a conc effect without the reduced radius

It's not horrible but there's better supports to use (ones that scale both the melee portion and the projectile portion).
Last edited by Fearmonger on May 3, 2014, 1:05:28 AM
Thoughts on Alpha Howl for this build?
Last edited by shahmat1972 on May 3, 2014, 1:12:42 AM
"
JuanTamod wrote:
I already have a solid build with molten strike and tested, 250k dps with 13k armor but not with marauder. Peity 1-2 secs kill, dom.1-2 secs kill per form but in merciless though didnt tried peity and domi maps.

Build + (more importantly) Gear?

If it's a crit low life crown of eyes build then the skill chosen is pointless, because with 1000 exalts in gear everything one shots everything...
IGN: Dmillz
Last edited by Dmillz on May 3, 2014, 1:25:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info