1.3 The Community's Molten Strike, Face Melting Build!! 1h+shield and 2h variants available

Would appreciate knowing where I'm double dipping?
IGN: Dmillz
I implemented Added Fire I just forgot to add it to the dropdown, lol.

Thanks for the catch on area damage, will check.

Edit: Fixed both.
Last edited by Fearmonger on May 2, 2014, 6:17:49 PM
Is GMP an option for this skill? Or its a dps loss?
"
Dmillz wrote:
Would appreciate knowing where I'm double dipping?

It looks like you're double dipping into the passives. C5 and D9 both use same passives. C5 is calculated using passives then it is added to other modifiers then uses the passives again to get D9. I don't think that's right.

but if I'm wrong I'll edit it out.

Also, the melee portion of multistrike should be added (likely after fire conversion). I know they said melee physical won't increase the fire damage only physical but it should increase the actual 40% physical part of it right?
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
Last edited by Madcow1120 on May 2, 2014, 6:24:24 PM
Fearmonger - Unless I'm mistaken you aren't adjusting the physical damage for multistrike. You add the speed but don't apply the LESS damage reduction.

Edit: Thanks madcow I was. Didn't effect my total as that was just for Added Fire Gem, but I'm rechecking other calcs.
IGN: Dmillz
Last edited by Dmillz on May 2, 2014, 6:27:07 PM
"
hrapvlesu wrote:

It's an option, I guess, just not a very good one. It increases the damage of your projectiles by about 20% but there's several other supports than can scale better than that so it's not really worth using.

"
Dmillz wrote:
Fearmonger - Unless I'm mistaken you aren't adjusting the physical damage for multistrike. You add the speed but don't apply the LESS damage reduction.

It's applied under all damage, when you have Multistrike selected the all damage multiplier should go down to 64%.
Last edited by Fearmonger on May 2, 2014, 6:26:42 PM
"
Fearmonger wrote:

It's an option, I guess, just not a very good one. It increases the damage of your projectiles by about 20% but there's several other supports than can scale better than that so it's not really worth using.

But its +4 additional projectiles.
"
hrapvlesu wrote:

you can but it would negate the effect of point blank.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
I know this is Maraudeur section, hence why i apologize for putting a non Maraudeur tree :)
Tried to think about a Maraudeur build first and foremost but Point Blank keystone was so far (and Iron Grip doesn't provide that much of a boost actually) that i tried a Ranger build.

Here it is.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4B0QSxBS0FtQbpCC4JIQyNDUkOSA-rEZYY2xmOGtsbrR6BIWAj9iQ8JJ0l3yaVJ2EnqTBxMHw6Qj1lPeJAVUCgR35I7klRSn1LeEuNTGBQQlFHU99VS1b6WNtaSFptW69gS2HiYlpirGVNZ6BtbG17bmlvV3RBdO108XfXeK56738rf8aE2YTvh3aMNo19jb-SgJVmm4ObjZ2qnrmiLqTCpzSnXKp_qrirxayvr-uxs7TFtUi3076nwA_C7MOGxLjGotJN037UI9X41orWndo93Q3dqN7253TnkejW6xTtQe2D7g7veu_w_MX_HA==

I know it's a full point build (heretic !), but i always do so, so to give me a rough idea of what it's potentially achievable (but not realisticly)

Picked the Claw nodes because no AoF, because they were really close to the skeleton and REALLY efficient.
Block + Acrobatics.

How does it fare compared to the Maraudeur ?
More (way more) attack speed, Ondar's Guile, Acrobatics + Phase Acrobatics, huge leech (not that great since only 40% is physical but sufficient), enough mana regen + leech to be able to get rid of BM support gem, and full block. A bit less base damage (not that much actually), no Elemental Adapation and no AoE nodes and no Resolute Technique.
Ondar's Guile should (alone) get rid of reflect almost entirely.

EB/MoM + AA is an other possibility (instead of Acrobatics cluster probably)

Links in mind : Molten Strike + Multistrike/WED/Faster Attacks/Physical Projectile Attack Damage/Added Fire.
Eventually Conc.Effect/Increased AoE or LGoH instead of Added Fire.
First 4 supports are the best here.

Just some food for thoughts :)
Last edited by Iyacthu on May 2, 2014, 6:34:59 PM
"
hrapvlesu wrote:
"
Fearmonger wrote:

But its +4 additional projectiles.

And the skill fires 3 baseline so the "less projectile damage" modifier hits it pretty hard.

No GMP: 3 projectiles deal 72% weapon damage each = 216% weapon damage
GMP: 7 projectiles deal 36% weapon damage each = 252% weapon damage
Last edited by Fearmonger on May 2, 2014, 6:30:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info