1.3 The Community's Molten Strike, Face Melting Build!! 1h+shield and 2h variants available

"
Dmillz wrote:
"
Madcow1120 wrote:
Hmmm looking at the build in the OP and the Gems in the OP I see no way for this build to survive it's own attacks. What am I missing here? BM gem but no leeching. You take zero leech passives.

Carnage heart is mentioned but also says you don't need 10%. Well, I don't get that part. You're going to need some sort of way to run this off BM.

----------
and thanks for the data sheet. I'll be modifying it myself when I have some time. I don't get the Gems part = C2 which is physical from passives... something missing there.

My labelling sucks. It'll be updated later today, just a bit slow since I'm at work :P. For that column, your base physical is not augmented by your gems at all, so it just stays the same.

Any questions you guys have, ask me on the Chat in the spreadsheet so we don't clutter this!

but if you have faster attacks then it should increase the damage right?
EDIT: NVM I see the attack speed column. duh.

What does molten strike gains increased physical per level as well. Don't see that on the spreadsheet, may be me not seeing it though.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
Last edited by Madcow1120 on May 2, 2014, 4:53:54 PM
"
Madcow1120 wrote:
"
Dmillz wrote:
"
Madcow1120 wrote:
Hmmm looking at the build in the OP and the Gems in the OP I see no way for this build to survive it's own attacks. What am I missing here? BM gem but no leeching. You take zero leech passives.

Carnage heart is mentioned but also says you don't need 10%. Well, I don't get that part. You're going to need some sort of way to run this off BM.

----------
and thanks for the data sheet. I'll be modifying it myself when I have some time. I don't get the Gems part = C2 which is physical from passives... something missing there.

My labelling sucks. It'll be updated later today, just a bit slow since I'm at work :P. For that column, your base physical is not augmented by your gems at all, so it just stays the same.

Any questions you guys have, ask me on the Chat in the spreadsheet so we don't clutter this!

but if you have faster attacks then it should increase the damage right?

Attack Speed and Damage are separated, they need to be to do the calculations properly. Edit: Molten Strike gets 0.75% Fire Damage / 1% Quality (15% at 20Q)

I have updated the spreadsheet a bunch in the last hour. Should be more readable and also has explanations!

"
Nebelmonster wrote:
First of all: Great Thread and thumbs up to the Community.

I planned to use Blood Rage in the Late Game to drop the Life Leech Gem and get some Attack Speed too. Of course only, if i get enough Chaos Resistance. I also wanna play with seven Endurance Charges, which i wanna get from some CWDT Set-Up's. And i also wanna get a lot of Armor Nodes from the Tree. And maybe with a onehanded Weapen and a good Shield.
But do i leech enough with Blood Rage to keep myself alive?

You'll want to look at my skill tree here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/911916 instead of this one for that. I would not rely on Blood Rage to be enough, it only works on your Physical Damage which is low, or 0 if you take Avatar of Fire.
IGN: Dmillz
Last edited by Dmillz on May 2, 2014, 4:55:41 PM
"
Dmillz wrote:

You'll want to look at my skill tree here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/911916 instead of this one for that. I would not rely on Blood Rage to be enough, it only works on your Physical Damage which is low, or 0 if you take Avatar of Fire.

thanks for the sheet. yeah I caught it after I posted.

That tree is much closer to mine. I've had one going since this was announced and been tweaking ever since. My character is at 23 only so far. I don't get too much time to play but the weekend is almost here.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
"
Fearmonger wrote:

For reference of the changes I'm talking about, here's the build I would run.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I would do, too.

Though I'm heavily considering not doing it twohanded, but with the new unique sceptre and its incredible +100% elemental damage.
Which would effectively only mean a handful of changes in the tree, main outline is 100% the same.

Click me, rest of points would be dedicated to ranger attackspeed and shield block stuff.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on May 2, 2014, 5:13:26 PM
Drop "Born to Fight". The Melee Physical damage will not increase the projectiles damage.
IGN: Dmillz
It's still affecting my main attack, right?
And when I face a boss, I will most likely click him with my mouse. It#s only one point, does it really matter if this does not do anything for the projectiles?
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
watching Dmillz work his spread sheet magic and AoF is looking very promising in a direct comparison. Further tests must be done :)
"
gnujuba wrote:
does added fire damage help with the AoE portion?

Yes.
Last edited by Fearmonger on May 2, 2014, 5:51:06 PM
I don't wanna rain on dmillz's parade, but rather than try and figure his spreadsheet out I decided to make my own. I think it's more or less finished now, so here it is:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ai7lxebgMvl1dGhiNDRINks2NFgtTy1GM3VGcWVheFE&usp=sharing

I didn't implement armour, gem quality and certain shitty supports, but otherwise everything should be there.

Now if you'll pardon me its time I actually roll a molten strike character, rofl.
Last edited by Fearmonger on May 2, 2014, 6:11:18 PM
"
Fearmonger wrote:
I don't wanna rain on dmillz parade, but rather than try and figure his spreadsheet out I decided to make my own. I think it's more or less finished now, so here it is:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ai7lxebgMvl1dGhiNDRINks2NFgtTy1GM3VGcWVheFE&usp=sharing

I didn't implement armour, gem quality and certain shitty supports, but otherwise everything should be there.

thanks, this is getting closer to what I'm getting. dmillz's has several errors including double dipping passives and not accounting for multistrike's melee physical (which Only applies to the physical part after conversion it will Not contribute to the fire damage).

BUT you need to double check area damage part. I put 8 (for 8% node) and it went from 3.6K proj dps to 10.4K. Something off there.

Also, added fire damage not added (maybe you didn't have time). Thanks !!
Pacific (GMT -8) Time

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info